User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebop View Post
Usually when two bands this popular, or egomaniacal tour together, they trade off who opens.......
So how many people would prefer to see Tom Petty instead of The Eagles on this bill?
that would be incredible!
Old 12-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Tom, but I'd rather see Eagles.

Donnie: We can only wish and hope.

- Spike
Old 12-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tom will always get my vote. I wish it had been him
Old 12-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You know there would still be folks complaining if it were Tom.

The Eagles are the perfect band to tour with Fleetwood Mac. The two supergroups of the 70s in one awesome double-bill. I LOVE this.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
You know there would still be folks complaining if it were Tom.
Oh, absolutely...it just would have been more enjoyable for me is all
Old 12-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I'd much rather it be REO Speedwagon! Then it would be more clear who the opening act would be!......Well, if they are going to tour with someone else, how about Daryl Hall/John Oates? If I'm going to pay massive money, I might as well see my two favorite groups!
Huh? This was my response when I heard this on my local, classic rock radio station. A lady called up & requested an Eagles song since the radio station announced that they were touring with Fleetwood Mac. News to me & I came right here. What happened to the new Mac album/tour coming? I love Hall & Oates; I think they with Fleetwood Mac would have been a better choice, at least for me, but the Eagles? And no offense to Henleyfan & all the Eagles fans, but when I saw Don with Stevie, I wasn't impressed. I've never seen the Eagles live & I really don't have no desire to though I like their music. I don't think it's a good mix. And I think something gets lost when they team up groups/artists together. And as someone has said, you're far away, the sound is bad in stadiums, etc. The tickets will be out of site price wise. Why would these bands do this? It has to be all about the money.

Lee
Old 12-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

No offense taken

But keep an open mind about the Eagles. A solo show by Henley is completely different from the Eagles.

Of course it's a lot about the money, but I think there are a few other considerations as well, as we mentioned before. None of these guys is getting any younger. Playing shorter sets, singing fewer songs......much easier on their old bones and vocal cords.

I wish they'd make the official announcement and end all the speculation, but we're still waiting for the rest of the Eagles April dates to come out so......the waiting continues......

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Huh? This was my response when I heard this on my local, classic rock radio station. A lady called up & requested an Eagles song since the radio station announced that they were touring with Fleetwood Mac. News to me & I came right here. What happened to the new Mac album/tour coming? I love Hall & Oates; I think they with Fleetwood Mac would have been a better choice, at least for me, but the Eagles? And no offense to Henleyfan & all the Eagles fans, but when I saw Don with Stevie, I wasn't impressed. I've never seen the Eagles live & I really don't have no desire to though I like their music. I don't think it's a good mix. And I think something gets lost when they team up groups/artists together. And as someone has said, you're far away, the sound is bad in stadiums, etc. The tickets will be out of site price wise. Why would these bands do this? It has to be all about the money.

Lee
Old 12-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I just had a bit of a brain fart. I wonder if the band agreed to this pairing to get the word out/support a new/future album? After all, there's no better market for FM to tap into than the Eagles. It would potentially expose them to a large group of people, and help get the word out on the streets. Seems like the only way Lindsey would agree to such a venture, and seems like the only reason they'd agree to yet more touring after touring a year straight. I guess I'm just trying to grasp for some sort of positive spin here...
Old 12-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I would never want to see an Eagles/Fleetwood double bill. I have no desire to see that particular... pairing.

Now if it was a "rock festival" with multiple bands like Petty? That'd be diff...
Old 12-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

I haven't read all 12 pages of this, but how about a double bill concert with Fleetwood Mac and....Stevie Nicks (solo)
Old 12-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I haven't read all 12 pages of this, but how about a double bill concert with Fleetwood Mac and....Stevie Nicks (solo)
Better yet, Lindsey Buckingham doing an hour long set of only solo stuff (since the Mac stuff will be in the main set) as the opener for the show. He could rest for half an hour and then come back on for the full Mac show.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I just had a bit of a brain fart. I wonder if the band agreed to this pairing to get the word out/support a new/future album? After all, there's no better market for FM to tap into than the Eagles. It would potentially expose them to a large group of people, and help get the word out on the streets. Seems like the only way Lindsey would agree to such a venture, and seems like the only reason they'd agree to yet more touring after touring a year straight. I guess I'm just trying to grasp for some sort of positive spin here...
That is my hope too. I hope that Lindsey said he'd do this if Stevie said they coudl do a new album.

Peetsie, I love your idea. I'm afraid that so many people would be restless while Lindsey was performing that it would frustrate him (like opening for Tina Turner did), so I don't know if it would work. But I love the idea of having his solo work exposed to so many people. He might pick up a few new fans.

I just saw an ad for the Eagles tour dates in April, last night during the Letterman show.

Michele
Old 12-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've got a gut feeling we'll being seeing some kind of release next year regardless of the Eagles pairing. The only thing that turns me off about that particular double billing is the thought of the ticket prices. Also, it is hard to imagine the egos being reigned in long enough to do anything together, but it would be worth paying a little extra to see them share the stage for a few songs...

The Tom Petty idea is also intriguing. I wish they'd get all the old compadres together and jam, or even do an acoustic set. It would be cool. Bring in Walter Egan and do Magnet and Steel and pay tribute to Warren and John Stewart - I'd love to heard Lindsey and Stevie do "Gold"....

But, I digress.... and this set would be entirely too long. I feel like we would all be missing more than a few songs we think are must-hears...
Old 12-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I just don't know that a Mac/Tom Petty double billing makes a lot of sense, or would go over particularly well. Petty has always been continuously active in the recording industry, and I feel he has a much different fan base than the Mac. The Petty concert I went to several years back had a lot of frat boys, and generally white bread preppy people. Fleetwood Mac concerts are a big hodgepodge of people... but generally frat boys and preppies aren't among them. There is a bigger goth, alternative, gay and lesbian, and hippie following in the Mac than there are white folk in khaki shorts and polo shirts.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I just don't know that a Mac/Tom Petty double billing makes a lot of sense, or would go over particularly well. Petty has always been continuously active in the recording industry, and I feel he has a much different fan base than the Mac. The Petty concert I went to several years back had a lot of frat boys, and generally white bread preppy people. Fleetwood Mac concerts are a big hodgepodge of people... but generally frat boys and preppies aren't among them. There is a bigger goth, alternative, gay and lesbian, and hippie following in the Mac than there are white folk in khaki shorts and polo shirts.

LOL. Gotcha. I wasn't looking at it from a fan base perspective. I was totally thinking of their peers, and people they are connected to and have done music with throughout their careers. I just think it would be interesting to see them all onstage jamming - not necessarily a FM/Petty billing per se.