View Poll Results: Bekka & Billy OR Buckingham/Nicks
Bekka & Billy 5 12.20%
Buckingham/Nicks 36 87.80%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Ok...I just would appreciate that my vote be left alone...all I did was put BuckinghamNicks and put legends and I just left it like that. why does it have to be critiqued?
Because you didn't offer any opinion on the albums, you spoke only about the artists - which is not what this thread is about.

Quote:
thank you for telling me how steve offered his opinion and telling me how worked up I'm getting

Anytime.

And I'm sure SteveMacD will thank you as well for telling him how worked up he was getting.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
Because you didn't offer any opinion on the albums, you spoke only about the artists - which is not what this thread is about.

Anytime.

And I'm sure SteveMacD will thank you as well for telling him how worked up he was getting.

I think that BuckinghamNicks is a great album from the vaults with incredible vocals and my favorite song is Frozen Love.

Extra side opinion:
I think that Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks are legends
Old 11-10-2006, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think that Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks are legends
Well, they're certainly old enough. Fossils too, maybe.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I dunno. I take very little stock in that fact. I've heard HORRID albums by people with the "legend" tag. In any event, that isn't what this poll is about. It's about the actual albums. At last check, both didn't sell well and are out of print. I only give BN an edge because they made the exact album they wanted to make, which was easy for a couple of unknowns in 1973.

But, in the 24 years between those albums, the music industry changed, making it harder for two second generation musicians, both former members of a band that had lost a lot of popularity to make an album that they actually WANTED to make. I think they came close, but I think they had to make more country than what they intended.
All great points.... and I very much agree.
This is where I was going with this thread in the first place. Seemingly some "got it" while others couldn't look past the actual people.

Re: Bekka & Billy... I would love to hear them do an album that was not quite so "Music Row driven". Having Garth Fundis produce it is one indicator of just that. Love his work but it has "Music Row" stamped all over it. Plus, when you hear Bekka's and Billy's solo work, you can tell what their idea of their sound truly is.
(which IMHO totally rocks!)

Bekka and Billy were more or less put thru the Nashville production line of "if you don't get a hit we'll find someone who will!!".... while Buckingham and Nicks were in more of a 70's era California "go for it" situation.

"Lucky in love... Unlucky in opening cereal boxes... -- Lisa Douglas, re: Olivah