User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
I DO NOT like Without You. There, I said it. Not looking forward to hearing it in Boston at all.

That being said, Sad Angel is beautiful .
Im not too keen on Without You as well, I would LOVE to hear them do Frozen Love..
More rock, the better in my opinion
Old 04-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

I would love to hear them do Frozen Love as well. It's just one of those songs that you never get tired of hearing. I play it over and over and I love it more and more every time.

Tiffany

"There's no use in crying, it's all over
But I know there'll always be another day
Well my heart will rise up with the morning sun
And the hurt I feel will simply melt away"-Why. C. McVie
Old 04-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am so sick of hearing Landslide. If I never hear it again that would not be a problem.

I thought RAL was better than WH.

I like Edge, but I don't love it as much as most fans do. It wouldn't even rank in my top 20 favorite Stevie solo songs. I prefer Bring on the Night (the Police song she kinda took the guitar riff from) much more.

I wish every Stevie interview wasn't always centered around her previous drug problems (that might not be an unpopular opinion).

I liked WTTRS and WISYA much more than Seven Wonders.

Stevie had some great songs on Tusk (Storms, SOTM and Sara), but it was Lindsey and Christine's songs that really made me love that album.

I prefer SA over OTOSOTM.

Stevie was really sexy during the Tango era.

The lyrics to her more recent songs (except for some on SYW) do not touch me as deeply as the lyrics from her older material.

That's all I have got now!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz19 View Post

I wish every Stevie interview wasn't always centered around her previous drug problems (that might not be an unpopular opinion).
I feel the same!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz19 View Post
I am so sick of hearing Landslide. If I never hear it again that would not be a problem.

I thought RAL was better than WH.

I like Edge, but I don't love it as much as most fans do.

I prefer SA over OTOSOTM.
I definitely agree with all of these.

Landslide makes me want to pull out my stabbing scissors.

RAL is one of her most listenable albums start to finish, it's got such great energy.

All I hear when I listen to Edge is Jimmy Iovene trying to make Stevie "rock" so men will accept her. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine song- it just doesn't seem entirely true to who Stevie is.

I adore SA... I think it has some of the strongest, most grounded, straight-forward rock & roll songs of Stevie's career. Yes, it's got some turds, but all Stevie albums do.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I've just watched the whole show on youtube and I think she's right that people don't want to hear the new songs in concert. During WY and SA the audience was notably quieter and not so enthusiastic afterwards.

And that's entirely the bands fault. They've been out on the road four times since 1997 (including the tour this year) and three of those tours have primarily been greatest hits tours with no new studio album to promote. Even when they did tour behind Say You Will they ignored a good portion of that album and dropped several of the new tracks after so many dates. I saw them in the UK and I can count on one hand the amount tracks from SYW that were included in the set list. How are people supposed to accept new songs or more obscure album tracks and singles if the band themselves don't give the majority of them a chance? It's great that they've included a couple of new songs and a few "surprises" this year but there's still the same old mainstays being performed alongside them. People only expect to hear certain songs because the band never give them a rest.

They could drop the following:

Sara (as much as I love the song)
Gyspy
I'm So Afraid
Stand Back
Never Going Back Again
Silver Springs

and replace with any of the following:

I Don't Want to Know - (this would get a great response purely because it's on Rumours)
Blue Letter
Crystal - (this could easily replace NGBA. Stevie and Lindsey could duet with just an acoustic guitar)
That's Alright
Seven Wonders - (this would probably get a great response, especially in Europe, because it's on TITN and was a top 20 hit in the US)
Frozen Love
Tango in the Night - (could replace ISA)
Destiny Rules

They could easily shake up their set list more than they have and still please the audience. It's their own problem that they find themselves a hits touring band today. It's like they've been touring behind The Dance for 16 years. They're as bad as The Eagles and Cher.

Last edited by TheSorcerer; 04-10-2013 at 07:49 PM..
Old 04-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSorcerer View Post
And that's entirely the bands fault. They've been out on the road four times since 1997 (including the tour this year) and three of those tours have primarily been greatest hits tours with no new studio album to promote. Even when they did tour behind Say You Will they ignored a good portion of that album and dropped several of the new tracks after so many dates. I saw them in the UK and I can count on one hand the amount tracks from SYW that were included in the set list. How are people supposed to accept new songs or more obscure album tracks and singles if the band themselves don't give the majority of them a chance? It's great that they've included a couple of new songs and a few "surprises" this year but there's still the same old mainstays being performed alongside them. People only expect to hear certain songs because the band never give them a rest.

They could drop the following:

Sara (as much as I love the song)
Gyspy
I'm So Afraid
Stand Back
Never Going Back Again
Silver Springs

and replace with any of the following:

I Don't Want to Know - (this would get a great response purely because it's on Rumours)
Blue Letter
Crystal - (this could easily replace NGBA. Stevie and Lindsey could duet with just an acoustic guitar)
That's Alright
Seven Wonders - (this would probably get a great response, especially in Europe, because it's on TITN and was a top 20 hit in the US)
Frozen Love
Tango in the Night - (could replace ISA)
Destiny Rules

They could easily shake up their set list more than they have and still please the audience. It's their own problem that they find themselves a hits touring band today. It's like they've been touring behind The Dance for 16 years. They're as bad as The Eagles and Cher.
They've been touring behind Rumours for 36 years....

But they can't drop I'm So Afraid. A Fleetwood Mac show without ISA wouldn't be a Mac show to me. Same goes for Silver Springs, huge crowd pleaser. Sara, Gypsy, NGBA, SB could be dropped and replaced with the songs you've mentioned. I would love to hear Frozen Love and IDWK would certainly be a hit with everyone (the die hards and the casuals). I would love to hear TITN, it's such a dark & dramatic song. Or maybe they should bring back Come. I miss that one.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I adore SA... I think it has some of the strongest, most grounded, straight-forward rock & roll songs of Stevie's career. Yes, it's got some turds, but all Stevie albums do.
Yeah, it's really not the clunker everyone makes it out to be. I think a lot of the fans hate it because Stevie hates it. If you listen to the album objectively, it's no worse than OSOTM or even RAL. RAL is my least favorite Stevie album mainly because I'm not a fan of the 80's cheesey synth sound. I think that was her least focused album next to SA.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I LOVE Desert Angel
Street Angel is one of her better albums - her voice, writing and back to guitar rock
The Other Side of the Mirror -is an amazing album
Rock a Little is not only the worst Stevie album but one of the worst albums of the entire 80's decade
I miss the coked out and rambling Stevie live on stage
All of her songs on Say You Will are epic
Her voice after 1995 is flat
Her tours in the 2000's were not worth seeing - too short and same songs in short setlists
I don't care for 24k Gold or In Your Dreams

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-10-2017 at 05:27 PM..
Old 02-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
HMMMmmm - UH-oh! Well - at the risk of being slammed - and I'm just being completely honest -

1.) I think she was a little silly for putting "That Made Me Stronger" on "Trouble in Shangri-la."

2.) I think she sometimes misperceives how hard she works, compared to the "average person." But I feel she's VERY clear on how rough most people's lives are.

3.) I think things sometimes seem much bigger to her than they really are.

4.) I don't think she would ever, ever, ever want to get back together with
Lindsey. Not in a million years.

5.) I think she's still in love with Mick, always has been, and always will be.

6.) I think she didn't actually like Prince all that much.

7.) Not like I think she's Einstein or something, but I think that in interviews she often hides how intelligent and practical she is, although I think she's been a little better about that lately.

8.) I think she's currently doing an unbelievably intense media blitz in Australia with the sole purpose of subtley re-defining her image, headed up by Liz Rosenberg, who by the way was or is Madonna's publicist as well.
She's a total "Top Gun," doesn't come cheap, and I think there's HUGE amounts of effort and thought that are going into this behind-the-scenes.

9.) I think that, although she may still feel somewhat sad, she's having an absolute blast in Australia and absolutely loves it there. And so, along those lines -

10.) I think she's VERY seriously considering moving to Australia. Not necessarily as a primary residence - I guess she considers Phoenix to be home - but I betcha she's been looking at some real estate ads.

11.) I think she still smokes, but is trying not to and doesn't want others to follow her example.

12.) I think that when she's not touring or doing business-related things, when she's at home watching tv or reading or something, she TOTALLY forgets she's a "big rock star" and just kinda chills, no mysticism, no "etherealness," no chiffon, no nuthin' - just this nice lady watching star trek or reading a book or whatever.

13.) Believe it or not, I think maybe she knows how to use a vacuum cleaner and boil water...

14.) Not necessarily an "unpopular" one but - I think she knows how to ski and enjoys it, or at least used to.

15.) I think sometimes she'd much rather be riding a horse or hanging out on a boat than singing "Stand Back" for the ten billionth time in concert. And I think she's so sick of performing "Gold Dust Woman" that she's about to spit.

16.) I think when photographers aren't around, her house is a mess, always has been, always will be.

17.) I think she isn't as careful as she should be about "borrowing" certain things from her influences ( Oscar Wilde, the guitarist of The Police/Edge of Seventeen riff, etc. ) She doesn't know where the line is and she's VERY lucky that she hasn't been sued, and if she had been it would have made her a BETTER songwriter and a BETTER person.

18.) I think she lies through her teeth about what Edge of Seventeen is actually about, and will never, never, never admit what it's really about. And she thinks it isn't obvious to most people over the age of 12. ( Granted it was first written about John Lennon and her uncle and I know that meant a lot to her, but have you SEEN the HBO Special? Please. )

Welp - you asked!

Excuse me, I'm going to go hide now.
Number 16 probably goes for all celebrities
Old 02-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't like Cheaper Than Free.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I don't like Cheaper Than Free.
I'm with ya on that one.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure if this one has been mentioned before but I actually really like Desert Angel. I just like the whole flow of the song and I think Stevie sounds gorgeous.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know black is her signature color but I wish she would wear white more often like she used to during the Tusk era cuz it looks really pretty on her
Old 02-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
They've been touring behind Rumours for 36 years....
:thumbs:

Except they could TOTALLY drop ISA and replace it with something else. He repeats that solo on so many other songs anyway......the best of which is Tango in the Night which would be soooo amazing to hear live