Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Registered

Liz Rosenburg says so

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...d-mac-official
Old 01-13-2014, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So happy about this! Welcome back Christine!!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Olive:

Christine McVie Rejoins Fleetwood Mac: Official
Articles / News

By Keith Caulfield, Los Angeles | January 13, 2014 6:54 PM EST

Christine McVie is back with Fleetwood Mac -- officially.

The band's publicist, Liz Rosenberg, has confirmed to Billboard that McVie has rejoined the band after departing the group in 1998.

Rosenberg says that McVie "has indeed re-joined Fleetwood Mac and we are hoping to make an announcement about a possible tour for the full tilt Macsters some time in 2014."

McVie joined the band in 1970 after marrying the group's bassist, John McVie. She continued on with the group for the next 28 years as a principle songwriter, vocalist and keyboardist.

McVie wrote some of the act's biggest Billboard Hot 100 chart hits, including "Say You Love Me" (No. 11 peak, 1976), "Don't Stop" (No. 3, 1977), "You Make Loving Fun" (No. 9, 1977), "Hold Me" (No. 4, 1982), "Little Lies" (No. 4, 1987) and "Everywhere" (No. 14, 1988).

Fans of Fleetwood Mac have been teased with a possible McVie reunion since last September, when word first broke that McVie was going to rejoin her bandmates for a couple concerts in London. She appeared with the band -- for just one song each night -- on Sept. 25 and 27 at the O2 Arena, to sing "Don't Stop."

(Fleetwood Mac's 2013 tour incidentally, was the 17th biggest tour of 2013, according to Billboard Boxscore, grossing $62 million from 45 shows reported.)

Soon after guesting with the band at the O2, McVie told the Guardian that she would be "delighted" if the band were to "ask" her to play with them again. "But it hasn't happened, so we'll have to wait and see."

When Billboard caught up with Nicks herself, who was promoting her new "In Your Dreams" film and appearance on "American Horror Story: Coven," Nicks said "If Chris wants to come back to the band, I said to her, 'It's your band. I don't really think you have to ask. Because it's your band. McVie. Fleetwood Mac-vie? So, it all depends, Chris, on you. How you feel. Do you want to take this on again?'"

Finally, over the last weekend, the band's Mick Fleetwood reportedly told a crowd at a Maui, Hawaii show that McVie had indeed rejoined the group.

Undoubtedly, devotees of Fleetwood Mac are hoping for a new album from the famed "Rumours"-era lineup of the band, with singer/songwriters Nicks, McVie and Lindsey Buckingham. Together, the three were the principle writers of five studio albums from the group: "Fleetwood Mac" (released in 1975), "Rumours" (1977), "Tusk" (1979), "Mirage" (1982) and "Tango In the Night" (1987).

Following McVie's departure, Fleetwood Mac has released one new studio set, 2003's "Say You Will." The band also issued a four-song EP, "Extended Play," in 2013.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

THE MAC IS BACK!!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For a tour? Album? EP? I'm thinking EP and tour....

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Addicted Ledgie

I'm gonna start cranking "Bare Trees" followed by "Tusk."

THE Stephen Hopkins
jbrownsjr
This message has been deleted by jbrownsjr.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:07 PM

It that official enough? lol
Old 01-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
finally. astonishingly, there are still journalists out there who go for the second source / actual confirmation. unlike RS.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-13-2014, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Thank you Olive:

Christine McVie Rejoins Fleetwood Mac: Official
Articles / News

By Keith Caulfield, Los Angeles | January 13, 2014 6:54 PM EST

Christine McVie is back with Fleetwood Mac -- officially.

The band's publicist, Liz Rosenberg, has confirmed to Billboard that McVie has rejoined the band after departing the group in 1998.

Rosenberg says that McVie "has indeed re-joined Fleetwood Mac and we are hoping to make an announcement about a possible tour for the full tilt Macsters some time in 2014."

McVie joined the band in 1970 after marrying the group's bassist, John McVie. She continued on with the group for the next 28 years as a principle songwriter, vocalist and keyboardist.

McVie wrote some of the act's biggest Billboard Hot 100 chart hits, including "Say You Love Me" (No. 11 peak, 1976), "Don't Stop" (No. 3, 1977), "You Make Loving Fun" (No. 9, 1977), "Hold Me" (No. 4, 1982), "Little Lies" (No. 4, 1987) and "Everywhere" (No. 14, 1988).

Fans of Fleetwood Mac have been teased with a possible McVie reunion since last September, when word first broke that McVie was going to rejoin her bandmates for a couple concerts in London. She appeared with the band -- for just one song each night -- on Sept. 25 and 27 at the O2 Arena, to sing "Don't Stop."

(Fleetwood Mac's 2013 tour incidentally, was the 17th biggest tour of 2013, according to Billboard Boxscore, grossing $62 million from 45 shows reported.)

Soon after guesting with the band at the O2, McVie told the Guardian that she would be "delighted" if the band were to "ask" her to play with them again. "But it hasn't happened, so we'll have to wait and see."

When Billboard caught up with Nicks herself, who was promoting her new "In Your Dreams" film and appearance on "American Horror Story: Coven," Nicks said "If Chris wants to come back to the band, I said to her, 'It's your band. I don't really think you have to ask. Because it's your band. McVie. Fleetwood Mac-vie? So, it all depends, Chris, on you. How you feel. Do you want to take this on again?'"

Finally, over the last weekend, the band's Mick Fleetwood reportedly told a crowd at a Maui, Hawaii show that McVie had indeed rejoined the group.

Undoubtedly, devotees of Fleetwood Mac are hoping for a new album from the famed "Rumours"-era lineup of the band, with singer/songwriters Nicks, McVie and Lindsey Buckingham. Together, the three were the principle writers of five studio albums from the group: "Fleetwood Mac" (released in 1975), "Rumours" (1977), "Tusk" (1979), "Mirage" (1982) and "Tango In the Night" (1987).

Following McVie's departure, Fleetwood Mac has released one new studio set, 2003's "Say You Will." The band also issued a four-song EP, "Extended Play," in 2013.

Thanks Michele and Olive.Thats what I'm looking for.A official statement from Liz and a respectful trade source.

Now we can say .

THE MAC IS BACK.......

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 PM

http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/2014...ack_in_mac.htm

Interesting article.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Thanks for posting that, was a pretty good read.

It is pretty exciting to have them back together. I'm hoping for some new material prior to the tour but will be thrilled just to see them live once again.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

That was a good read! I like how they said you can't really say who is the best member. I would like to hear Warm Ways and want a new album before a tour
Old 01-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Ledgie

Woohoo! What a great start of my day! So excited!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They just can't play in Northern California in June. That's all I ask. In the words of one Christine McVie...Well I'm so excited...I just can't wait another day

So happy here.

Kevin
Old 01-14-2014, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

A short blog entry just made by British music journalist and writer David Hepworth which I enjoyed. Tis a strong chain, indeed.

http://whatsheonaboutnow.blogspot.co...aid-about.html

What Evelyn Waugh (might have) said about rock band reunions

Christine McVie is rejoining Fleetwood Mac, forty four years after she first joined them and sixteen years after she left. This must be some kind of record. I'm reminded of the Father Brown line that Evelyn Waugh uses in "Brideshead Revisited".

Father Brown said something like 'I caught him' (the thief) 'with an unseen hook and an invisible line which is long enough to let him wander to the ends of the world and still to bring him back with a twitch upon the thread.'

Think he was talking about the Catholic church. It applies to rock bands too.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"