User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-17-2023, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Arrow Excellent quality Bethlehem, PA 1990 Farewell conert

I have this concert on VHS since the days of buying bootlegs from the 1990s. Its excellent quality for its time. Close ups and very steady camera. A rocking Isn't It Midnight, Back of My Mind, Stand on The Rock. During Stand Back a fan gets on stage and grabs Stevie away from the microphone. Security grabs him and she never misses a beat. She's still singing while away from the microphone. I like the Everywhere and Little Lies too. I saw them a few days later. I think Rick Vito is from this area which was sort of a homecoming for him. You can see how much better the band jammed compared to 1987. Its November 1990. Mick's book was just released. Chris and Stevie had already put out statements they would no longer tour with the band. This was considered the "Farewell Tour" making up all the cancelled dates from July on when the tour stopped for Christine's father passing.
Chris looks great in her mini-skirt Check out Stevie's shoulder pads during Stand on the Rock! Check out Chris playing those keys on Little Lies. Lots of close ups!!! Stevie gives her Greenpeace speech at the end.

This has always been a favorite bootleg of mine and I think everyone will love this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk6NBE01LIk

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-17-2023 at 10:43 AM..
Old 11-17-2023, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for sharing this! It's amazing how much Stevie's voice changed in that ten year period from 90-2000.
Old 11-17-2023, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Thanks for sharing this! It's amazing how much Stevie's voice changed in that ten year period from 90-2000.
What I love is all the close ups. We see Chris playing those keyboards like a maniac during Save Me and Little Lies. She's having fun and is really rocking it out. She sits behind the keyboards and unless you are on her side, its difficult to see her play. But here it drives me crazy watching her effortless play with both hands controlling all the parts, singing, banging her head and playing with the audience some.
Old 11-17-2023, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is simply fantastic! I only had time to watch up to the end of Save Me, but this is the best concert footage from that tour I’ve ever seen. At the 47 minute mark, Christine is completely into Save Me, which is interesting to see, considering FM dropped the song shortly after this date and replaced it with Say You Love Me. Rick Vito is so underrated, which is ridiculous because he makes it look so easy. I wish he sang more harmonies here.

Thanks Macfan4life for posting this- I can’t wait to watch the rest!
Old 11-17-2023, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At first, the audio quality was driving me nuts, so I was jumping around, trying to find songs I haven't heard 5 billion times.

Love Is Dangerous should've been a BIG HIT.

Rick really is a monster on guitar.

I don't remember ever hearing Save Me live, but that was a long time ago, and MANY brain cells ago(stfu).

I just cried my eyes out watching the queen sing Songbird.
Old 11-17-2023, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Check out Stevie's shoulder pads during Stand on the Rock!
Thanks for sharing!

And check her pads during Gold Dust Woman!!! Looks like the theme of the concert was DC Comics! And she didn't dance that much during the instrumental segment. She danced far more and better in 2014. It's obvious 1990 wasn't her best year.

I love Rick's performance, thought I'd change his haircut

At the end of Songbird, Christine just said "God bless everybody, goodnight!". I mean she didn't mention the city, as I have seen in some videos. I also remember she thanked NYC in 1997 at the end of Songbird, and her voice kind of broke.

For those who have been in a lot of concerts, was the city mostly mentioned in Songbird?
Old 11-17-2023, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Thanks for sharing!

And check her pads during Gold Dust Woman!!! Looks like the theme of the concert was DC Comics! And she didn't dance that much during the instrumental segment. She danced far more and better in 2014. It's obvious 1990 wasn't her best year.

At the end of Songbird, Christine just said "God bless everybody, goodnight!". I mean she didn't mention the city, as I have seen in some videos. I also remember she thanked NYC in 1997 at the end of Songbird, and her voice kind of broke.

For those who have been in a lot of concerts, was the city mostly mentioned in Songbird?
That central/eastern part of PA is called Lehigh Valley. It encompasses Allentown, Bethlehem and Nazereth. So its hard to pick a city you are playing. She played it safe and did not dare guess exactly where they are playing. During the Landslide dedication even Stevie says, "I usually dedicate this to someone here but I dont know anybody here so I will dedicate it to all of you." I am sure Rick Vito had something to do with putting this stop on the Farewell tour. This is the area he grew up in. Its better to not say a city rather than guess and get the wrong city or pronunciation. In this video after The Chain, Christine shouts "THANK YOU PENNSYLVANIA."
Its funny that you mention Rick's haircut. The Pittsburgh Press also trashed both him and Billy's haircuts calling them the new guys that replaced Lindsey were not too bad but had horrible Italian haircuts. I thought that was such a weird criticism. Sure enough over 30 years later another comment about his hair

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-17-2023 at 05:01 PM..
Old 11-17-2023, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I’m a DC Comics fan, too! I only buy a couple of books a month now, but I have a huge selections of back issues from the 70s and 80s. I remember some letters to the editor in the New Teen Titans in the 80s where readers thought Raven reminded them of Stevie.

I’ll have to pay more attention to Rick’s hairstyle when I finish watching the concert, but as I recall, didn’t he always have a bit of a wavy mullet going on back then?
Old 11-18-2023, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
During Stand Back a fan gets on stage and grabs Stevie away from the microphone. Security grabs him and she never misses a beat. She's still singing while away from the microphone.
Probably the Klonopin. Poor thing is shuffling around as stiff and lifeless as a mannequin throughout.
Old 11-18-2023, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Far too much of this is just painful to watch. I flit some song to song and just can't buy into it. I'm glad I didn't see them on this tour or the previous one. To have an absent Lindsey and a barely-present Stevie is just too much. Christine can't really hide this mess. Appalling as some of her later behaviour may have been, I'm so glad Nicks recovered from this period.
Old 11-19-2023, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
To have an absent Lindsey and a barely-present Stevie is just too much. Christine can't really hide this mess. Appalling as some of her later behaviour may have been, I'm so glad Nicks recovered from this period.
That's why I loved the reunion in 1997. Stevie came back from that sickly absence. She looked beautiful and her performance was stunning. Lindsey looked more than happy to be back in the band. Even though it wasn't a perfect reunion, cause Christine didn't looked so enthusiastic, she performed very good anyway. And there was no new album with the Rumours lineup. But anyway The Dance was a beautiful reunion.
Old 11-19-2023, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's why I loved the reunion in 1997. Stevie came back from that sickly absence. She looked beautiful and her performance was stunning. Lindsey looked more than happy to be back in the band. Even though it wasn't a perfect reunion, cause Christine didn't looked so enthusiastic, she performed very good anyway. And there was no new album with the Rumours lineup. But anyway The Dance was a beautiful reunion.
That was what was great about the 2014/15 tour, wasn't it, that Christine was clearly having a ball. To be fair to Stevie, whatever issues she had with Lindsey, she tended to mask them on stage (although them being so far part probably helped- I remember thinking that the one time they slapped hands, during GYOW must have been negotiatied by committees of lawyers).
Old 11-19-2023, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
(although them being so far part probably helped- I remember thinking that the one time they slapped hands, during GYOW must have been negotiatied by committees of lawyers).
Though that has nothing to do with the 2004 shows, I remembered Tusk in the Live in Boston video. I never understood why they decided to include that scene. Although they end up hugging, I think those fist gestures were too much. If it was a trick just to make people comment and remember (again) the whole story of those two, it was a very cheap resource.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaa.jpg (78.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 11-20-2023, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good camera on this video. Brings back sound memories that are pretty good, but the visual clues make me depressed. You can see just where the band’s strengths were in 1990. But it felt like such a long-drawn-out aftermath for the whole band. I got depressed that year because their work couldn’t help looking pretty vacuous after the peaks they had reached. You’re not supposed to experience your favorite band by getting depressed over the passage of time.

When I went to see them again in 1994, in a clubhouse by a boat dock out in the middle of Bumfeck, Nowhere, I fell into a funk again. It was an unreal final chapter. Fleetwood Mac’s a pretty strange band — if you collected all the years from 1967 on where they had a unified and fiery dedication to their art, I don’t think you’d have much more than five years.

Let’s see, on the video I like “Everywhere” and the opening number and “Go Your Own Way” and certainly some of the blues songs, which cover a lot of ground from rock and roll to slow blues. They’re all excellent technicians and obviously thoroughly rehearsed (maybe over-rehearsed, with some of the spontaneity leaked out).

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 11-20-2023 at 02:21 PM..
Old 11-20-2023, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, lots of things to note here.

1–They don’t sound bad at all. The musicianship is pretty strong. Consider the core trio of Fleetwood and the McVies during “Love is Dangerous.” The way the keyboards work in tandem with the rhythm is classic FM. Parts of the song sound a lot like a live recording I have of “Child of Mine”! Vito is a great player.

2–Both women are in very strong voice. I noticed that, per usual, Stevie perks up during Stand Back, but she’s honestly quite solid throughout. Christine sounds great! And her vocal fills on “World Turning” and “Everywhere” are the most extroverted I’ve heard her live. She’s delivering a lot there.

3–The band sounds like a very good cover bar band on “Stop Messing Around.”

4–Billy leaves no real impression (negative or positive) on me here.

5–Despite so many of the parts working together, I see what so many of you have already noted, a clear lack of a coherent identity. On its best days and in its best lineups, FM already sounded eclectic, all over the map. But, visually and aurally, Lindsey’s obvious chemistry with each of the other four made it work. Vito’s technically a more polished and versatile player. But Lindsey’s energy and commitment to the music is irreplaceable.

6–That moment when a male fan tries to grab Stevie was bizarre, even terrifying. That she kept going without missing a beat was impressive. Was that a common thing—for fans to jump on stage and seize hold of her?