Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A rant about my ER visit tonight.

Starting around last night I began having some slight abdominal pain. Nothing too bad, I could handle it. So I went to bed at 11:30pm. However, I woke up at about 4:30am (I live in Eastern time, by the way) feeling very sick and... Well, lets just say I did a very good job re-creating the sence from The Exorcist. Anyway, this evening I went to the ER, mostly because my husband was concerned. When we get there I explained everything that has been affecting me since last might to the nurse and then to the ER on-call physician. Then, after my vital were taken, they drew some blood (only 3 little vials) and a short while later they have me Toradol (for the pain) and Zofran (to control the nausea) both which I revived I got in my hip. After all of this done, the nurse said: "Well, I will be back in about 30 minutes to see you're responding to the medicines." That half hour turned into 2 hours. And, when she finally came back, it was only to discharge me. Plus, they didn't tell me the results of my bloodwork or even tell me was causing my still on-going illness. They just simply told me: "Follow up with your primary care DR"
I'm still angry and sick.

Last edited by ~*BellaDonna*~; 04-28-2016 at 01:47 AM..
Old 04-28-2016, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I had to take my friends wife to the ER yesterday morning because she had pain in her chest.She was in there for about 7 hours and end up that something that she was eating to much at once.I'm glad it was not a heart-attack.

About 2 years ago I was rushed to the ER via ambulance because of chest pains and turn out it was anxiety attack after 3 hours there. I'm not surprised coming from a nervous person.

I understand that about then not giving you the full report.There is alot of stomach viruses going around and add the idiots that dont wash their hands as they touch our food and other things.

I hope you will feel better soon.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 04-28-2016 at 01:43 AM..
Old 04-28-2016, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad that it wasn't a heart attack. My husband had a life threating heart attack 2 years ago and was diagnosed with myocarditis at the age of 29.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
I'm still sick.
Hope you're better, said a prayer for you.

I've had a few E.R. visits. Some I was treated very well.
Another I was treated more like an animal. I'll leave it
at that.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Hope you're better, said a prayer for you.

I've had a few E.R. visits. Some I was treated very well.
Another I was treated more like an animal. I'll leave it
at that.
Thanks. Still feel like death warmed over and look like crap. Haven't gotten any sleep in 2 days. I'm completely devoid of any kind of energy.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope you feel better Jen.Prayers go out to you.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I hope you feel better Jen.Prayers go out to you.
Nobody has called me Jen in a really long time.
Anyway, thank you, Macfanforever.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Starting around last night I began having some slight abdominal pain. Nothing too bad, I could handle it. So I went to bed at 11:30pm. However, I woke up at about 4:30am (I live in Eastern time, by the way) feeling very sick and... Well, lets just say I did a very good job re-creating the sence from The Exorcist. Anyway, this evening I went to the ER, mostly because my husband was concerned. When we get there I explained everything that has been affecting me since last might to the nurse and then to the ER on-call physician. Then, after my vital were taken, they drew some blood (only 3 little vials) and a short while later they have me Toradol (for the pain) and Zofran (to control the nausea) both which I revived I got in my hip. After all of this done, the nurse said: "Well, I will be back in about 30 minutes to see you're responding to the medicines." That half hour turned into 2 hours. And, when she finally came back, it was only to discharge me. Plus, they didn't tell me the results of my bloodwork or even tell me was causing my still on-going illness. They just simply told me: "Follow up with your primary care DR"
I'm still angry and sick.
Hope you're feeling better! I'm curious though if you said anything while you were there? I know I wouldn't have just left without being given more information. Complaining is much more effective if you do it to the people you are complaining about, and that's especially true and important when dealing with health care providers. Don't be shy to speak up in those instances!
Old 04-29-2016, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
Hope you're feeling better! I'm curious though if you said anything while you were there? I know I wouldn't have just left without being given more information. Complaining is much more effective if you do it to the people you are complaining about, and that's especially true and important when dealing with health care providers. Don't be shy to speak up in those instances!
I presistintly asked for anwsers, but no one listened. They just looked at me as if I were an addict looking for a fix. It was very frustrating. And I still haven't gotten better, so I've made an appointment with my primary care doctor for Tuesday morning to find out what is going on with me, hopefully.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I presistintly asked for anwsers, but no one listened. They just looked at me as if I were an addict looking for a fix. It was very frustrating. And I still haven't gotten better, so I've made an appointment with my primary care doctor for Tuesday morning to find out what is going on with me, hopefully.
Oh, sorry to hear that. When I went to the ER for back pain they kept me there for hours until my MRI came back and showed I had a herniated disc and pinched nerve. The doctor explained that they have to be certain because in my neck of the woods there is a huge problem with people coming in saying they have pain just to get meds.

I'm going to be of the "glass is half full" persuasion and say that if there was anything seriously wrong they would have let you know. It's very frustrating having pain or feeling bad and not knowing what's wrong, so I hope you find out and feel better soon!
Old 04-29-2016, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
Oh, sorry to hear that. When I went to the ER for back pain they kept me there for hours until my MRI came back and showed I had a herniated disc and pinched nerve. The doctor explained that they have to be certain because in my neck of the woods there is a huge problem with people coming in saying they have pain just to get meds.

I'm going to be of the "glass is half full" persuasion and say that if there was anything seriously wrong they would have let you know. It's very frustrating having pain or feeling bad and not knowing what's wrong, so I hope you find out and feel better soon!
I know exactly how you must have felt. I dealt with a herniated disc 12 years ago, and underwent surgery.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nobody has called me Jen in a really long time.
Anyway, thank you, Macfanforever.
Oops .Sorry if I offend you.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Oops .Sorry if I offend you.
Oh, no, no, no!! You did me not offend at all! It made my day, actually. It was my nickname way back in the day. Plus, I used to introdue myself as Jen too.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, no, no, no!! You did me not offend at all! It made my day, actually. It was my nickname way back in the day. Plus, I used to introdue myself as Jen too.
OK .I understand.I have other names too that friends and family call me.Some I like and some I hate.LOL.Skip is the one I like.

BTW .I hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread