Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sheriff: Woman spent 2 years sitting on boyfriend’s toilet

http://www.kansascity.com/news/break...ry/527676.html

The Associated Press
NESS CITY, Kan. | Law officers in western Kansas are investigating the bizarre case of a woman they say sat on her boyfriend’s toilet for two years.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said the boyfriend called his office late last month to report that something was wrong with his girlfriend.

The sheriff said the woman’s muscles had atrophied and that medical personnel had to remove her from the toilet because she was bound to it by “natural means.”

Whipple said the woman at first refused ambulance service and “didn’t want to leave.” She’s hospitalized in Wichita, but is refusing to talk with authorities. The boyfriend claims she stayed in the bathroom of her own free will.

Whipple said his office may charge the boyfriend with mistreatment of a dependent adult.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Amazing. Is there any irony in the fact that the Sheriff's last name was Whipple as in the "Don't squeeze the Charmin" toilet paper man?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is one of the strangest stories I've read in quite awhile.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This is one of the strangest stories I've read in quite awhile.
I know - it seems to me that something else is going on here. maybe more facts will be revealed like what "natural means" means and why she liked/needed the toilet so much in the first place.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She has to have been mentally ill or something! How strange! So she ate in the bathroom and slept in the bathroom??? I'm assuming they didn't have intimate relations as she was on the toilet for two years. There has to be more to this.

That comment about Mr. Whipple was too Funny!
Old 03-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

These bizarre stories always seem to come from rural places like western Kansas. Would this happen in New York City or Chicago? There is a lot more to this story.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnightshade View Post
She has to have been mentally ill or something! How strange! So she ate in the bathroom and slept in the bathroom??? I'm assuming they didn't have intimate relations as she was on the toilet for two years. There has to be more to this.

That comment about Mr. Whipple was too Funny!
I'm thinking Schizophrenic or something. I know a schizophrenic and she did become catatonic at times when she was not in treatment. This is very crazy/sad/scary. In my friend's case her BF was a drug addict and so couldn't make sure she got treatment so she wouldn't until something crazy happened and someone intervened.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm trying to think up some sort of Taco Bell joke, but it just isn't coming to me. Damnit.

Anyway. Wow. Bat**** insane. If anyone finds out more details, post 'em... there's got to be a lot more to this.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm guessing the boyfriend will be in toruble soon. I cant imagine him letting this goon if he didnt want it to.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Ledgie

From what I've heard the 7W board is behind this. It all started with ThreadJack. It's a long story, but LEGION made a huge donation to the board and had her banned from the toilet or they never would have found her.

See, $200 pocket change truly does makes a difference. I hope LEGION is praised for the God he is over at 7W. It'll warm him after the wrath he's surely getting over there now.

All because of meee. The real LEGION!
I am a rogue Penguin who has a penchant for free thought and expression. You have cast your lot with the revisionists AKA the Maoists, the Nazis, the PolPots ye verily the unthinking forces of darkness which i will rail against with the flapping flippers of a small flightless bird until i get bored and swim away!
Old 03-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm stevie nick View Post
From what I've heard the 7W board is behind this. It all started with ThreadJack. It's a long story, but LEGION made a huge donation to the board and had her banned from the toilet or they never would have found her.

See, $200 pocket change truly does makes a difference. I hope LEGION is praised for the God he is over at 7W. It'll warm him after the wrath he's surely getting over there now.

Oh no you didn't...

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
I'm thinking Schizophrenic or something. I know a schizophrenic and she did become catatonic at times when she was not in treatment. This is very crazy/sad/scary. In my friend's case her BF was a drug addict and so couldn't make sure she got treatment so she wouldn't until something crazy happened and someone intervened.
Mental illness is very sad. Hopefully this woman is getting the help she needs. I wonder what the bf's deal is, though, to have allowed this to go on.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm stevie nick View Post

You get a pass on this one, but if this pops up in another thread, it's going to be really, really annoying and unwarranted. Keep the 7w **** on 7w or in the 7w thread. All of maybe like, 5 people who just so happen to post here as well give a crap about people named Legion or Mark. I'm of the persuasion that whoever it is doesn't matter enough to be injected into multiple conversations here.

I'm just sayin'.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Becoming adhered to a man-made object by natural means is not impossible, I read another story very similiar to this once. This lady was about 900 lbs, and could never get off the sofa. The fat rolls just oozed over the sides and her family just left her there, feeding her buckets of fast food. She never left the sofa even to go to the bathroom. So, apparently the sores she developed underneath her over the years seeped into the sofa fabric, scabbed over, and become toughened solid. She bonded with the sofa. When finally someone rescued her from her insane enabling family, she could not be removed from the sofa, and instead she was taken away in it. And died, shortly thereafter. It's on Snopes somewhere, I don't have the stomach to read it again.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Becoming adhered to a man-made object by natural means is not impossible, I read another story very similiar to this once. This lady was about 900 lbs, and could never get off the sofa. The fat rolls just oozed over the sides and her family just left her there, feeding her buckets of fast food. She never left the sofa even to go to the bathroom. So, apparently the sores she developed underneath her over the years seeped into the sofa fabric, scabbed over, and become toughened solid. She bonded with the sofa. When finally someone rescued her from her insane enabling family, she could not be removed from the sofa, and instead she was taken away in it. And died, shortly thereafter. It's on Snopes somewhere, I don't have the stomach to read it again.
Oh, barf. That's gnarly. The smell had to be biblical.