Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
Kentucky....

Wildcats. C-A-T-S.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
I would love to pack her ass wound! Sorry...that's the nurse in me....I'm fasinated to see what her butt wound looks like.
OMG Curtis, I have really missed you.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
I would love to pack her ass wound! Sorry...that's the nurse in me....I'm fascinated to see what her butt wound looks like.
Of course you would, sicko!

How have you been??
Old 03-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Weird I know, but that was my first thought, also, where in the world did the boyfriend go to the bathroom, unless of course there were two bathrooms there which I hope there was. I think the boyfriend has to have some sort of mental illness to let her sit there that long without getting some sort of help. Hopefully now she'll get the help that she obviously needs.

Lee
Old 03-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Becoming adhered to a man-made object by natural means is not impossible, I read another story very similiar to this once. This lady was about 900 lbs, and could never get off the sofa. The fat rolls just oozed over the sides and her family just left her there, feeding her buckets of fast food. She never left the sofa even to go to the bathroom. So, apparently the sores she developed underneath her over the years seeped into the sofa fabric, scabbed over, and become toughened solid. She bonded with the sofa. When finally someone rescued her from her insane enabling family, she could not be removed from the sofa, and instead she was taken away in it. And died, shortly thereafter. It's on Snopes somewhere, I don't have the stomach to read it again.
I knew I'd heard that somewhere before - they recreated her story in one of the early seasons of Nip/Tuck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayle_Laverne_Grinds
Old 03-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At first I thought she was elderly and her boyfriend was some young thing that didn't want to clean her up...but the story says she's 35?

Was she obese -- kind of like the mother character in the movie What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's the latest. Some of this is the same info that has been posted, but does have the names and a bit more about their living situation. From sfgate.com:

Quote:
(03-13) 04:46 PDT Wichita, Kan. (AP) --

A 35-year-old woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for so long that her body was stuck to the seat by the time he called police had a phobia about leaving the bathroom, the boyfriend said.

"She is an adult; she made her own decision," said her boyfriend, Kory McFarren. "I should have gotten help for her sooner; I admit that. But after a while, you kind of get used to it."

The case drew nationwide attention after Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat in the two years she apparently was in the bathroom.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

McFarren, 36, said he can't be certain how long Pam Babcock stayed in the bathroom because "time just went by so quick I can't pinpoint how long." He said beatings she received in her childhood caused her phobia.

"It just kind of happened one day; she went in and had been in there a little while, the next time it was a little longer. Then she got it in her head she was going to stay — like it was a safe place for her," McFarren said.

But McFarren said she moved around in the bathroom during that time, bathed and changed into the clothes he brought her. He brought food and water to her. They had conversations and had an otherwise normal relationship — except it all happened in the bathroom.

McFarren said he finally called police Feb. 27 after he became worried because Babcock was acting groggy — like she didn't know what was going on, except she was awake.

What emergency responders found when they went into bathroom has left residents of this small western Kansas town buzzing, and law enforcement officials incredulous.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

She initially refused emergency medical services, but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

Whipple said the county attorney will determine whether any charges should be filed against McFarren.

McFarren, who works at an antique store, said he has been taking care of Babcock for the 16 years they have lived together. He insisted that he tried to coax her out of the bathroom every day.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

She was reported in fair condition Wednesday at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Babcock has an infection in her legs that has damaged her nerves, and there is a possibility she may wind up in a wheelchair, McFarren said.

James Ellis, a neighbor, said he had known the woman since she was a child, but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," Ellis said.

Babcock had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up, he said.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."
Old 03-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kentucky....
bitch.

and this is so bizarre. i just don't understand. why the toilet? I mean...my ass goes numb after about 5 minutes and I'm ready to get up. it's not like it's the most comfortable place. i hope she had good reading material. and the boyfriend.....just none of it makes any sense.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Imagine the 'roids she must have had after 2 years of bowl-sitting. There isn't enough Prep-H in the world that could soothe that one.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/20/....ap/index.html

NESS CITY, Kansas (AP) -- A man whose girlfriend authorities say spent nearly two years in a bathroom in their house, sitting on the toilet so long that the seat adhered to her body, has been charged with mistreatment of a dependent adult.

Kory McFarren, 37, was charged Monday in Ness County District Court.

McFarren called the Ness County Sheriff's Office in late February to say something was wrong with his girlfriend. When authorities arrived at the home, they found Pam Babcock, 35, stuck to the toilet, which they think she had sat on for about a month.

McFarren told authorities that Babcock feared leaving the bathroom and may not have left it in two years, although said he was unsure how long she was in there. He said that he took her food and water daily, and that he repeatedly asked her to come out but that she usually replied "maybe tomorrow."

"The only thing I am guilty of is I didn't get her help sooner," McFarren told The Associated Press nearly a week ago.

Ness County Attorney Craig Crosswhite said the mistreatment charge most closely fit the situation.

"I looked at the statutes and spoke to the attorney general's office," he said. "This was a very unusual set of circumstances, and this is the law that most closely applied to the situation."

"She would have to be sleeping on the toilet," Whipple said.

Doctors at a Wichita, Kansas, hospital where Babcock was taken told McFarren that an infection in her legs had damaged her nerves and could leave her in a wheelchair. She was still at the hospital Wednesday night.

McFarren's first court appearance will be in April, Crosswhite said
Old 03-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/20/....ap/index.html

NESS CITY, Kansas (AP) -- A man whose girlfriend authorities say spent nearly two years in a bathroom in their house, sitting on the toilet so long that the seat adhered to her body, has been charged with mistreatment of a dependent adult.

Kory McFarren, 37, was charged Monday in Ness County District Court.

McFarren called the Ness County Sheriff's Office in late February to say something was wrong with his girlfriend. When authorities arrived at the home, they found Pam Babcock, 35, stuck to the toilet, which they think she had sat on for about a month.

McFarren told authorities that Babcock feared leaving the bathroom and may not have left it in two years, although said he was unsure how long she was in there. He said that he took her food and water daily, and that he repeatedly asked her to come out but that she usually replied "maybe tomorrow."

"The only thing I am guilty of is I didn't get her help sooner," McFarren told The Associated Press nearly a week ago.

Ness County Attorney Craig Crosswhite said the mistreatment charge most closely fit the situation.

"I looked at the statutes and spoke to the attorney general's office," he said. "This was a very unusual set of circumstances, and this is the law that most closely applied to the situation."

"She would have to be sleeping on the toilet," Whipple said.

Doctors at a Wichita, Kansas, hospital where Babcock was taken told McFarren that an infection in her legs had damaged her nerves and could leave her in a wheelchair. She was still at the hospital Wednesday night.

McFarren's first court appearance will be in April, Crosswhite said
Thanks for the update. I wonder how "dependent" this woman is in terms of her mental health. I also wonder if she has any family; parents, siblings, children. And if so then why weren't they alarmed and call authorities alot sooner than the bf? This whole story is whack!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

this is so sad and disgusting at the same time. I'm with Tucky that my legs go numb within a couple minutes. there's a reason for the saying "**** or get off the pot"! not that I say that or anything.

with respect to the boyfriend being charged, it's odd. I mean, she's a grown woman. I understand he should've recognized she needed help. maybe he needs help too. it gets me that we (as a society) are always looking for someone to blame. no one is ever forced to take responsibility. now, if she's clearly unstable and he was intentionally ignoring her need for treatment, that's one thing. but I guess until more is known about the situation, I'm just speculating.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

...wtf?!
Old 04-28-2016, 07:40 AM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:53 AM

At first I didn't understand what this thread was talking about, then I searched for newer info on this woman and I found this piece from the last year:

The woman who sat in the toilet bowl for 2 long years
Updated on April 14, 2015

P R E F A C E: Pam Babcock , 35, is the name of the Ness City woman whose bizarre story was sensationalized in the press and the internet worldwide as the woman who sat in the toilet bowl for 2 solid years. Remember the incident?

T E X T: This story began on the 27th day of February when Pam's boyfriend, Kory, 37 called Police to report that something had gone wrong with his girlfriend who prefers to remain seated on the toilet bowl where she had been for 2 years. At this juncture, Sheriff Whipple expressed surprise why it took Kory 2 years to report the matter. It was alleged that Kory failed to explain the reason why.

The responding police officers found Pam sitting on the toilet seat, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. Whipple said that Pam was somewhat disoriented and her legs and muscles looked like they had atrophied. A closer look at the woman reveals that her skin had grown around the seat. A newspaper report dated March 13 quoted Sheriff Whipple as saying: "... medical personnel had to remove her from toilet bowl because she was bound to it by 'natural means' ". She was not tied. She was not glued. Her body was physically stuck to the seat

Pam vehemently opposed the move to have her extricate from the bowl. She said she need no help, that she was okay and that she doesn't want to leave the toilet. Kory- Pam's boyfriend of 16 years- told KAKE news he tried to convince her everyday to leave the bathroom. "She had a phobia of coming out. Most of her fears from coming out is from her relatives. She doesn't want to see them". Sheriff Whipple voiced out Pam's refusal to cooperate with medical providers and law-enforcement investigators. He stated authorities don't know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Finally- responders and Kory succeeded in convincing Pam that she be brought to the hospital for medical check-up. With a pry bar, hospital authorities pried the toilet seat off. The seat went with Pam to the hospital in Wichita. The hospital authorities reported she had developed sores especially in the part of her body affected by the toilet seat. The sores were discovered after the seat was disengaged by hospital personnel.

James Ellis- a neighbor- said the incident after being played by media spread far and wide like wild fire. He said he had known Pam since her childhood and that he had not seen her for the last 6 years. He said Pam's mom died when she was still young; he believed Pam had an unhappy childhood. He knew Pam had once got a job outside her home but wasn't aware of the kind of work she did. The toilet incident doesn't surprise Ellis at all. It's the fact that nobody was called in earlier to report the matter surprises Ellis even more.

Medical personnel estimated Pam had sat in the bowl for at least a month. She's now under the protection of a guardian appointed through the legal department of the hospital where she received treatment.

Kory was charged in court regarding Pam and the bowl incident. On Tuesday- July 29 (2008), a judge sentenced him to 6 months for a misdemeanor count of mistreatment of a dependent adult. He was granted probation- however- after Pam, the victim, asked for leniency.

Also that same Tuesday, Kory McFarren was sentenced a separate imprisonment of another 6 months for an unrelated charge of lewd and lascivious behavior for exposing himself repeatedly to a neighbor's daughter while having her bath in their yard in march 2008.

Kory McFarren is under the custody of the police department.

Another unrelated bizarre and unbelievable turn of events is Kory's winnings in the state lottery. The Associate Press, in its Oct. 7, 2008 news reported that Kory McFarren had bagged another $20,000 in the state lottery. It was his 2nd win in the same year 2008.

http://hubpages.com/relationships/KO...rre-Love-Story
Old 04-28-2016, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is nuts.I read and heard idiots locking their pets in the bathroom.This is crazy.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016