User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
I don't think I've ever heard of Kasabian.
Check them out! Well, that is, if you like Brit rock. Maybe YouTube the songs "Fire" and "L.S.F."?
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 06-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Another Heart fan here. I wonder if Stevie/FM fans are predisposed to love Ann & Nancy also. My favorite Heart song is 'Straight On' followed closely by 'Never'.

Anyway, here ar my top 5 favorite bands:

1. The Beach Boys - My favorite band. Makers of such brilliant, beautiful, emotionally satisfying music the likes of which I will never know again. They're (or specifically Brian Wilson is) responsible for all-time favorite album, Pet Sounds, a work of unbelievable genius. It is home to my #1 favorite song in the entire universe, 'Wouldn't It Be Nice'. Their music has changed my life for the better. When they were at their best, they left everyone else in the dust with their rich, complex harmonies, perfect melodies and production aesthetic. Total heart music for me.

2. The Beatles - 2nd favorite, and that's saying a hell of a lot. Everything they did musically was absolute gold. My favorite Beatle, John Lennon, is right there on my personal Mount Olympus of Songwriters (the others are Brian Wilson, Neil Finn, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Jackson Browne and Stevie Nicks). So many incredible songs that speak for my heart. And hey, the whole band is kinda like that and every album is unforgettable. It's the Beatles, man! I shouldn't have to explain.

3. Crowded House - A band from Australia (though singer/songwriter Neil Finn is from New Zealand) that is really underrated her in the States. A shame since they make some of the most creative, enjoyable pop tunes ever to be heard. Neil Finn is one of the two or three greatest songwriters alive. Check 'em out.

4. Fleetwood Mac - I know this thread is about OTHER bands, but they're (meaning for me the Rumours lineup) freakin' FLEETWOOD MAC fer crissakes. Home of three brilliant singer/songwriters, particularly my beloved Stevie, who, as I said is on my musical Mount Olympus as the goddess of rock. But I must reiterate I adore the whole band, truly.

5. Led Zeppelin - A favorite since high school (I was obsessed with them then, even though I was born a year before they broke up), Zeppelin has made nothing but great albums and they're possibly the best live band. Zeppelin is pretty deep-seeded in me and I doubt I'll ever outgrow them. After all, me and Zeppelin go way back, 25 long years. I thought I'd mellowed out here in my thirties, but I guess I still have the need for something loud and heavy.

"No one ever leaves, everyone stays close 'till the fire fades..."

Last edited by The Highwayman; 06-10-2016 at 03:49 PM..
Old 06-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[CENTER]

Each day living out a lie
Life sold cheaply forever, ever, ever
Under neon loneliness motorcycle emptiness

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 06-10-2016 at 03:33 PM..
Old 06-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highwayman View Post
Another Heart fan here. I wonder if Stevie/FM fans are predisposed to love Ann & Nancy also. My favorite Heart song is 'Straight On' followed closely by 'Never'.

Anyway, here ar my top 5 favorite bands:

1. The Beach Boys - My favorite band. Makers of such brilliant, beautiful, emotionally satisfying music the likes of which I will never know again. They're (or specifically Brian Wilson is) responsible for all-time favorite album, Pet Sounds, a work of unbelievable genius. It is home to my #1 favorite song in the entire universe, 'Wouldn't It Be Nice'. Their music has changed my life for the better. When they were at their best, they left everyone else in the dust with their rich, complex harmonies, perfect melodies and production aesthetic. Total heart music for me.

2. The Beatles - 2nd favorite, and that's saying a hell of a lot. Everything they did musically was absolute gold. My favorite Beatle, John Lennon, is right there on my personal Mount Olympus of Songwriters (the others are Brian Wilson, Neil Finn, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, Jackson Browne and Stevie Nicks). So many incredible songs that speak for my heart. And hey, the whole band is kinda like that and every album is unforgettable. It's the Beatles, man! I shouldn't have to explain.

3. Crowded House - A band from Australia (though singer/songwriter Neil Finn is from New Zealand) that is really underrated her in the States. A shame since they make some of the most creative, enjoyable pop tunes ever to be heard. Neil Finn is one of the two or three greatest songwriters alive. Check 'em out.

4. Fleetwood Mac - I know this thread is about OTHER bands, but they're (meaning for me the Rumours lineup) freakin' FLEETWOOD MAC fer crissakes. Home of three brilliant singer/songwriters, particularly my beloved Stevie, who, as I said is on my musical Mount Olympus as the goddess of rock. But I must reiterate I adore the whole band, truly.

5. Led Zeppelin - A favorite since high school (I was obsessed with them then, even though I was born a year before they broke up), Zeppelin has made nothing but great albums and they're possibly the best live band. Zeppelin is pretty deep-seeded in me and I doubt I'll ever outgrow them. After all, me and Zeppelin go way back, 25 long years. I thought I'd mellowed out here in my thirties, but I guess I still have the need for something loud and heavy.

For some of us in the summer of 75 radio didn't play a whole lot the variety and both, this version of Fleetwood Mac and Heart just released their first albums
Old 06-12-2016, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Animals
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (12.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-21-2016, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kim Carnes, Juice Newton, Leo Sayer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download (1).jpg (8.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg download (7).jpg (5.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg download (9).jpg (7.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 07-21-2016, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The great thing about Fleetwood Mac is it's sort of one stop shopping... all the different incarnations to savour and appreciate, the live shows through the ages, all the offshoots (Mick Fleetwood Blues Band) and solo works... guests of note like Waddy Wachtel and different producers of note... the vast umbrella that is FM has appeal on so many levels for me. I mean really, even the Rolling Stones can't compete in some ways which is saying something.

One thing, maybe the only thing, I can definitely say about Mac fans is their other interests are absolutely all over the place, which is only fitting. It's almost pointless for me to wax rhapsodic about say Davy Graham or Taj Mahal or Stereolab or Warren Zevon or The Roots here because there really is no 'Mac fans will love this for sure' possibility I don't think. Maybe like the old David Bowie song said, we dig everything? Like musical bears we are omnivorous?
Old 07-21-2016, 02:33 PM

Default Some other photos of people I'm a casual fan of

Old 07-21-2016, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post

One thing, maybe the only thing, I can definitely say about Mac fans is their other interests are absolutely all over the place, which is only fitting. It's almost pointless for me to wax rhapsodic about say Davy Graham or Taj Mahal or Stereolab or Warren Zevon or The Roots here because there really is no 'Mac fans will love this for sure' possibility I don't think. Maybe like the old David Bowie song said, we dig everything? Like musical bears we are omnivorous?
Yes, we are indeed a very diverse bunch which I find healthy and exciting- great to have your eyes opened to new things.
Stereolab- wow! I can't proclaim to be a huge fan but when I was at university one of my house mates in Leeds played 'Emperor Tomato Ketchup' all the time, non-stop which has led to a mild affection. I think they recently dibanded (?).
Old 07-21-2016, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
Kim Carnes, Juice Newton, Leo Sayer
Leo Sayer- I held him in such esteem as one of the sounds of my childhood. However, my high regards for him were shattered after he appeared on 'Celebrity Big Brother' in the UK (which I am always addicted to). I was so excited when he was announced as a 'housemate'. However, it soon became clear he was... well...sadly...a complete knobhead (pardon the phrasing).
Small-man syndrome.
I was so disappointed.
Still great music back in his day though.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Leo Sayer- I held him in such esteem as one of the sounds of my childhood. However, my high regards for him were shattered after he appeared on 'Celebrity Big Brother' in the UK (which I am always addicted to). I was so excited when he was announced as a 'housemate'. However, it soon became clear he was... well...sadly...a complete knobhead (pardon the phrasing).
Small-man syndrome.
I was so disappointed.
Still great music back in his day though.
Wow! I... uh, really don't know what to say. However, that "knobhead" remark gave me a much needed laugh!
Old 07-24-2016, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ain't he cute, no he ain't,
He's just another burden on the welfare state,
You've done too much, much too young,
Now you're married with a kid when you could be having fun with me
Old 07-24-2016, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

I caught the tail end of the 2-Tone ska boom when I picked up an LP titled Dance Craze. The Specials had some great performances on that.

The Stereolab albums I played over and over were Dots & Loops and Mars Audiac Quintet for some reason. It was very good to work to.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
I caught the tail end of the 2-Tone ska boom when I picked up an LP titled Dance Craze. The Specials had some great performances on that.

The Stereolab albums I played over and over were Dots & Loops and Mars Audiac Quintet for some reason. It was very good to work to.
That album was basically 'The best of 2 Tone'.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's, let's stay together
Loving you whether, whether
Times are good or bad, happy or sad