Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Greeny & Duane Allman 1970 session?

A recent post from dansven on another thread jogged my memory, and I unearthed from a stack of papers a post I had printed out from the old "Views for Greeny" forum. The post, from January '99, was by "Mick" and includes the following info (some of this I'm typing word-for-word, some is paraphrased):

Reissue of Duster Bennett Blue Horizon albums on CD with an expanded version of Duster Live at the Goldaming (sp?) featuring many unreleased tracks featuring Greeny.

Capricorn records is said to have discovered numerous lost sessions featuring Duane Allman, Toy Caldwell, Eric Clapton, Dicky Betts, and Peter Green. Many vocal & guitar demos recorded by Green circa 1970 at Muscle Shoals are said to be incredible. A compilation CD featuring primarily Duane Allman will include some of the Green numbers plus a breathtaking acoustic guitar duel between Duane and Peter previously not known to exist. Apparently there is enough Green material to warrant a second release featuring just Peter.

There are newly discovered Mayall BBC and live tapes, many featuring the Hard Road touring band. There are two or three tracks featuring Mick Taylor and Peter playing together.

I have no idea what the sources for this information were, or if the info is accurate in any way - but WOW, that would be something if all of this actually surfaces (at this point, it would be something if any of it actually surfaces). But just as a caution, the post also mentioned that a cover of "Hey Joe" was said to be included on the then-upcoming Shrine '69 release, so we know the accuracy of that information. We can still hope, though...