User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
didn't you leave this board in a huff and a puff, promising you will never ever bring your negativity here again?
Elle, sometimes you really rub me the wrong way...

Sometimes you don't.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Elle, sometimes you really rub me the wrong way...

Sometimes you don't.
You either do, or ya don't.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You either do, or ya don't.
Sometimes a little friction is good.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sometimes a little friction is good.
Sometimes a little friction is too good.... and sometimes you wish it had never happened....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Sometimes a little friction is too good.... and sometimes you wish it had never happened....
Well, I think the Ledge is different, in that it's not just a "fan site". There are dissenting opinions here, and people battle it out sometimes.

I think we all have to be a little thick skinned, and realize that everyone's not going to agree with our opinions, and when the spit hits the fan, just brush it off, and say **** em, in your head! That's what I do, anyway.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I think the Ledge is different, in that it's not just a "fan site". There are dissenting opinions here, and people battle it out sometimes.

I think we all have to be a little thick skinned, and realize that everyone's not going to agree with our opinions, and when the spit hits the fan, just brush it off, and say **** em, in your head! That's what I do, anyway.
That's what I'm learning to do too .... but you took out all the fun to my dirty joke!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-07-2017, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Exactly! And this is entertainment for people here not a serious real life where we have to watch our words and be super responsible. It's nice to have a place where you can let loose and perhaps even hone your arguing skills, about something you care about but in the end is inconsequential for all of us here.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-07-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Exactly! And this is entertainment for people here not a serious real life where we have to watch our words and be super responsible. It's nice to have a place where you can let loose and perhaps even hone your arguing skills, about something you care about but in the end is inconsequential for all of us here.
The truth of the matter is... I'm proud that Christine and Lindsey are out of the gate and doing what they are doing. This is a first!!
Some shows have tanked in some markets. Yep, they are new and nobody knows who they are.

Buckingham/McVie?? Who the hell is that??

In 2017, two older musicians (that never really had the stardom Stevie had) are doing it!!

That's brave. New album that charted beyond expectation. UK loving it.

3000k-6000k venue shows. The Greek is nearly sold out! NYC Beacon is nearly sold out. Vegas has picked up tremendously.. (it was looking bleak) WA is completely sold out. She's 74!!! (in 5 days) Like Wow!!

It made me think if FMac carried on w/o Stevie they really could be a viable entity. I know some of you want that. But I would like a Final 5 album. Not because of sales or venue $$. I want to hear those 3 part harmonies again. This last BuckVie album is fantastic. It flows so well when I listen to it. Certainly, Stevie could add to it. If not, I hope we get another Fleetwood Mac album.

If music be the food of love, THEN PLAY ON.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It made me think if FMac carried on w/o Stevie they really could be a viable entity. I know some of you want that. But I would like a Final 5 album. Not because of sales or venue $$. I want to hear those 3 part harmonies again. This last BuckVie album is fantastic. It flows so well when I listen to it. Certainly, Stevie could add to it. If not, I hope we get another Fleetwood Mac album.

I know I'm in the minority here (and I don't care ) but I also want a last FM album with the whole gang for exactly the same reasons.

But I know chances are slim so at this point I'll take what they want to give me.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The truth of the matter is... I'm proud that Christine and Lindsey are out of the gate and doing what they are doing. This is a first!!
Some shows have tanked in some markets. Yep, they are new and nobody knows who they are.

Buckingham/McVie?? Who the hell is that??

In 2017, two older musicians (that never really had the stardom Stevie had) are doing it!!

That's brave. New album that charted beyond expectation. UK loving it.

3000k-6000k venue shows. The Greek is nearly sold out! NYC Beacon is nearly sold out. Vegas has picked up tremendously.. (it was looking bleak) WA is completely sold out. She's 74!!! (in 5 days) Like Wow!!

all beautifully said. and they are actually getting their 2 names out there now, and getting more known, while finally getting to do what LB wanted to do with FM since SYW was first coming out - making, releasing and touring new music - so good for them! i for one am definitely grateful and proud that they went ahead with all of this, and hope for more in the future (hope they both stay in good health!!).

on another board i read several opinions stating what an unbelievable force of nature LB and CM are - and that it's astonishing how great and hooky their newly released music still is - that those 2 can produce a hook as easily as regular people go to the bathroom.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-07-2017, 12:07 PM

^^^^^ It takes guts to create something artistically that might flop. Play 8 songs of new music in front of 1/2 full arenas.

And look at the reward. Sales have picked up. Interest is starting to peak. The album charted. They've added 6 or so dates. There's interest overseas.

Christine McVie is such a beautiful artist. Her story is so authentic and beautiful.

Let the Carnival Begin.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BACK ON TOPIC. Great news! The album remains in the UK Top 20 for its 4th week on the UK albums chart, even increasing by one position to sit at #16. This is amazing! And with the current Top 100 chart featuring streaming, it makes it even more impressive that an album by people of their age can sell this well and keep up with the younger big artists . Other similar artists to them fail to do it. Even artists like Paul McCartney and Elton John have failed to stay in the Top 20 for longer than a couple of weeks over the last few years. This is very impressive and shows how the album is proving to have longevity here in the UK.

Its UK chart run and sales is as follows:

Week 1: #5 - 19,147 copies
Week 2: #10 - 10,462 copies (29,609 copies)
Week 3: #17 - 4,738 copies (34,347 copies)
Week 4: #16 - NOT AVAILABLE - approx 5,000 (>39,000 copies)
Old 07-07-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
BACK ON TOPIC. Great news! The album remains in the UK Top 20 for its 4th week on the UK albums chart, even increasing by one position to sit at #16. This is amazing! And with the current Top 100 chart featuring streaming, it makes it even more impressive that an album by people of their age can sell this well and keep up with the younger big artists . Other similar artists to them fail to do it. Even artists like Paul McCartney and Elton John have failed to stay in the Top 20 for longer than a couple of weeks over the last few years. This is very impressive and shows how the album is proving to have longevity here in the UK.

Its UK chart run and sales is as follows:

Week 1: #5 - 19,147 copies
Week 2: #10 - 10,462 copies (29,609 copies)
Week 3: #17 - 4,738 copies (34,347 copies)
Week 4: #16 - NOT AVAILABLE - approx 5,000 (>39,000 copies)
Wow! And thanks for putting us back on topic!
Old 07-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 07-07-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:

Well would you look at that!