The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Has Stevie's decision to not record new FM album affected the way you feel about her?
Yes. I will never forgive her and I am no longer a fan. 0 0%
No. I respect her decision and will always be fan. She has earned the right to say no. 43 43.43%
Yes. I hate her guts, hope she rots in hell and spit on her grave. 1 1.01%
No. It's all Lindsey's fault. She should not tolerate the working conditions. 2 2.02%
Yes. She is a selfish, self centered Diva, who only cares about herself. 10 10.10%
No. It's all Christine's fault. Her return spoiled Stevie's plans. 1 1.01%
Yes. She has spoiled Fleetwood Macs last opportunity to have an album with all 5 members. 36 36.36%
No. Thank God! Stevie will only hurt the album anyway with lackluster songwriting & worn voice. 6 6.06%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2016, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Has Stevie's decision to not record new FM album affected the way you feel about her?

Has Stevie's decision to not record a new Fleetwood Mac album affected the way you feel about her?
Old 12-22-2016, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good poll, although I kinda would like one something more along the lines of...

Yes, I am disappointed in her lack of commitment as a final album with all 5 fireflies could be magic and would be fantastic for their legacy
Old 12-22-2016, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It may sound contradictory with what I'm about to say,but I do like what she's done solo in the last few years. I can say that if I scratch the last few Mac-related years off my brain and focus on the great music the band has created, they are still my favourite. I was pleased to see Christine come back and it's been a huge let down that almost 3 years later, we still don't have an album, that's not acceptable to me. With with these ridiculous antics, yes, it most definitely has changed the way I view Stevie Nicks in the context of the band. I also cringe and absolutely hate the living legend persona she is milking. There are also just way too many dry years with some poor performances and bad recordings to adorn her with that type of adoration, at least since the horrid Rock a Little, now 31 years ago. She may be a legend in my mind and the minds of the fans, but not in a broad based appeal in the same way that the Beatles and others are. There are only 3 truly great albums and that's not much in a 50 year career. One of the biggest problems with Fleetwood Mac in my view, is that she and the band squandered her vast treasure trove of classic music and left it "in the vaults" during a time they could've crafted it into something beautiful.

What it boils down to for me is her participation in the cash cow tours whilst skewering the band at every chance she gets makes me want to throw up. This is what has really turned me off especially for a band that took a huge risk back in 79 to become the anti-rumours-anti-corporate rock are now the very definition of same. I have not been to one of their concerts since 2004. If the band was truly a legacy band we'd be hearing 3-4 Rumours tracks at a concert-max. At this stage, it's really sad that it is all about the money and I just don't have a grand to shell out for 2 hours of going through the motions performances.

What will grab my attention is in hearing some creative new music and if that doesn't happen, I'm tuning out to whatever happens 2017 and beyond. I remain hopeful that something good can still happen.

Last edited by On Ice; 12-22-2016 at 09:18 AM..
Old 12-22-2016, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hahahahahahaha.This poll made me LOL......I voted number 2.

One even voted number 3.

The not announcing BS in what shes going to do with the band got to stop is my only gripe with her.Also goes for the rest of the band too.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-22-2016, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
It may sound contradictory with what I'm about to say,but I do like what she's done solo in the last few years. I can say that if I scratch the last few Mac-related years off my brain and focus on the great music the band has created, they are still my favourite. I was pleased to see Christine come back and it's been a huge let down that almost 3 years later, we still don't have an album, that's not acceptable to me. With with these ridiculous antics, yes, it most definitely has changed the way I view Stevie Nicks in the context of the band. I also cringe and absolutely hate the living legend persona she is milking. There are also just way too many dry years with some poor performances and bad recordings to adorn her with that type of adoration, at least since the horrid Rock a Little, now 31 years ago. She may be a legend in my mind and the minds of the fans, but not in a broad based appeal in the same way that the Beatles and others are. There are only 3 truly great albums and that's not much in a 50 year career. One of the biggest problems with Fleetwood Mac in my view, is that she and the band squandered her vast treasure trove of classic music and left it "in the vaults" during a time they could've crafted it into something beautiful.

What it boils down to for me is her participation in the cash cow tours whilst skewering the band at every chance she gets makes me want to throw up. This is what has really turned me off especially for a band that took a huge risk back in 79 to become the anti-rumours-anti-corporate rock are now the very definition of same. I have not been to one of their concerts since 2004. If the band was truly a legacy band we'd be hearing 3-4 Rumours tracks at a concert-max. At this stage, it's really sad that it is all about the money and I just don't have a grand to shell out for 2 hours of going through the motions performances.

What will grab my attention is in hearing some creative new music and if that doesn't happen, I'm tuning out to whatever happens 2017 and beyond. I remain hopeful that something good can still happen.
It bothers me as well that all she wants to do is tour. It says to me that is no longer creative and not very deep. I feel sorry for the rest of the band.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:37 AM

I seriously hope some of the options of this poll aren't serious.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default That last one...

I'd just like to point out...Stevie isn't the only one with a worn voice. Christine and Lindsey have their own vocal issues. Stevie did sound pretty damn good when I saw the Seattle show earlier this month. She wouldn't need to whisper creepily or anything in a song...
Old 12-22-2016, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It pained me to choose the option with the apostrophe error, but I did: "Yes. She has spoiled Fleetwood Macs last opportunity to have an album with all 5 members." I don't hate Stevie now - not even close; I still love her. However, I do think a bit less of her.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
I'd just like to point out...Stevie isn't the only one with a worn voice. Christine and Lindsey have their own vocal issues. Stevie did sound pretty damn good when I saw the Seattle show earlier this month. She wouldn't need to whisper creepily or anything in a song...
Shes in with the rest of her age group with the older voices .I heard Olivia N John struggling on some of the notes during her appearance on the Hollywood Christmas parade the other night. I still love them and other artist and bands at that age and still go out and do it.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-22-2016, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Yes, I am disappointed in her lack of commitment as a final album with all 5 fireflies could be magic and would be fantastic for their legacy
This, right here.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
This, right here.
High five !
It's true right?

I am disappointed as I feel she should suck it up...give them one month of her life...give another producer two songs/ vault demos to sort out....do a few backing vocals...just as she did for the TITN album...and if really necessary avoid Lindsey throughout most of it if it pains her too much to be in the studio with him.....really is it that hard for her to do this?
Old 12-22-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
High five !
It's true right?

I am disappointed as I feel she should suck it up...give them one month of her life...give another producer two songs/ vault demos to sort out....do a few backing vocals...just as she did for the TITN album...and if really necessary avoid Lindsey throughout most of it if it pains her too much to be in the studio with him.....really is it that hard for her to do this?
This is a recipe for a failure honestly; in fact Tango wasn't certainly a good period for her music-wise.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
This is a recipe for a failure honestly; in fact Tango wasn't certainly a good period for her music-wise.
I agree her music for Tango was poor but don't you feel if she allowed herself one month to at least contribute and be marginally on a final record would be better than not contributing anything at all to a final 5 album?
Old 12-22-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I agree her music for Tango was poor but don't you feel if she allowed herself one month to at least contribute and be marginally on a final record would be better than not contributing anything at all to a final 5 album?
Well, the last word may not yet have been spoken. I would like a last album by the 5 members too but I don't see why anyone should be coerced into doing something they don't want to to achieve it. I don't want another Tango, if it comes down to it I think I will settle for a Say You Will, but without Stevie instead of without Christine.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not if it brings the album down. She's made it clear that she wants no part of it, and I suspect she'll give an uninspired, listless performance that will only kill the mood.

THE Stephen Hopkins