User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This thread is like a dog chasing its tail
Its also like a giant flashback 15 months ago when there was huge speculation there was going to be a Mac album last year. I bet my life that Stevie would join them in the studio. Boy did I have egg on my face. I would have never thought that after the limelight of Christine coming back that Stevie would say no and walk away. Unbelievable. I don't get this speculation that somehow Stevie is going to change her mind and they have time to ever record anything.
This is a dream, right?
Deja vu?
Old 03-15-2018, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Rusty should do a solo album.
Rumor has it that he almost released a comedy
album about a year ago. The "label" pulled the
plug when they found out ole' Alec was going to
be on it.

With Rusty, nothing's more important than
loyalty. And he's loyal to a fault. Even with
controversial friends such as Alec. Which
yet again cost him big money.

He really reminds me of Lindsey in that way.
He cares more for the art than the money.
Not like Stevie at all, if you ask me.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Its also like a giant flashback 15 months ago when there was huge speculation there was going to be a Mac album last year. I bet my life that Stevie would join them in the studio. Boy did I have egg on my face. I would have never thought that after the limelight of Christine coming back that Stevie would say no and walk away. Unbelievable. I don't get this speculation that somehow Stevie is going to change her mind and they have time to ever record anything.
This is a dream, right?
Deja vu?
She should write a song:

Maybe Cash Will Change Your Mind.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
This is a dream, right?
Deja vu?
I just saw a flashback post on my Facebook timeline where reliable sources placed them all at Village Recorder in 2014. If that's true then I wonder what they were doing there?

Last edited by gldstwmn; 03-15-2018 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 03-15-2018, 03:46 PM
Ledgie

In answer to the question posed by this thread- it pains me to say this , but it wouldn't really bother me if there isn't a tour........we had a wonderful tour with 'On with the Show' a few years ago and why not leave it at that? The thought of another long drawn out trek around the world with the same set list just doesn't excite me any more. Let it be.......
Old 03-15-2018, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What can we realistically expect from this band at this point?

What can we realistically expect from this band at this point?

Seriously, I don't know. I look at other bands that have been around about the same time, and it's clear that nothing is realistically guaranteed. And it's not just in music, but that's the opening question. The Eagles lost Glenn Frey, which was totally unexpected. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers lost Tom, which was a shock. Prince is gone. Some bands carry on. I think we have to take every show as a gift- maybe every moment in life as a gift.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
In answer to the question posed by this thread- it pains me to say this , but it wouldn't really bother me if there isn't a tour........we had a wonderful tour with 'On with the Show' a few years ago and why not leave it at that? The thought of another long drawn out trek around the world with the same set list just doesn't excite me any more. Let it be.......
Well, it maybe doesn't excite you anymore but in my case I never had the chance to follow the band on a tour, so I'd like to do that. I understand that many fans are tired of the same setlist and the same tour over and over again but many of us are new fans, so I'd like to enjoy it at least one time.

Besides, FM needs to say their goodbyes before going their own way I don't say they owe it to us, but it'd be the right thing to do.

I'd love for both a LB's solo tour and a FM tour. And if there's chance for only one of them, I won't complain, as long as they give us something to look forward to.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, it maybe doesn't excite you anymore but in my case I never had the chance to follow the band on a tour, so I'd like to do that. I understand that many fans are tired of the same setlist and the same tour over and over again but many of us are new fans, so I'd like to enjoy it at least one time.
The thing is, there are probably fifteen songs they have to do with this particular lineup, which gives them six or seven songs they could play with. It’s the way they don’t switch up those songs that frustrates a lot of us.

For example, they did SOTM on the 2013 tour. Did it need to back in 2014? “Straight Back” would have been a better choice since Christine, the whole reason there was a 2014 tour, was so prominent in the vocal mix. Similarly, I would have skipped IKINW in favor of “Steal Your Heart Away,” which was one of the only songs featuring Christine on SYW and which has never been played live at a Fleetwood Mac show.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-16-2018, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't some billionaire fan offer Stevie 5 million to record? She'll be there in two shakes of a tambourine.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Can't some billionaire fan offer Stevie 5 million to record? She'll be there in two shakes of a tambourine.
Nah. Who wants bribery and no passion. As an artist you must be self motivated to create something good. Lindsey and Christine love to make new music. Stevie I think does like so too. But she does not want to be around Lindsey.
I fear that we will get 3 new live songs with the tour. They will be average at best and not officially recorded. I don't want that and don't want another EP either.
You either do or you don't. Go hard or go home. I am tired of half baked projects with no passion. I don't want new music for new music's sake. I want the full monty. The real deal how the Mac does things. Take a full year to record an album.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nah. Who wants bribery and no passion. As an artist you must be self motivated to create something good. Lindsey and Christine love to make new music. Stevie I think does like so too. But she does not want to be around Lindsey.
I fear that we will get 3 new live songs with the tour. They will be average at best and not officially recorded. I don't want that and don't want another EP either.
You either do or you don't. Go hard or go home. I am tired of half baked projects with no passion. I don't want new music for new music's sake. I want the full monty. The real deal how the Mac does things. Take a full year to record an album.
Well I was joking.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
Doesn't excite me, either. Buck Vie follow up does. I would love for Mick and John to tour with them as a four piece. That would be amazing.