Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2002, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood Official Fan Club

Fleetwood is starting an official fan club, which you can read about over on his message board. It will cost U.S. residents up to $90 to join. Apparently, you will get a CD by Mick's band Mojo as well as the opportunity to buy concert tickets in some sort of special section two days in advance of the on-sale date, plus some other stuff like autographed photos & "discounts" on that site's shopping gallery.

I don't think I will be ... er ... joining. But my best wishes to those who do join.

In a thread on the Mick Fleetwood message board about Web sites that were around at the time of the 1997 tour, I posted something about the Penguin, & some self-appointed whip-cracker named jackie blasted me for saying anything about another Web site on Mick's board. Her angle seems to be that the official site will soon inevitably overtake this one as the Internet Central of FM information & entertainment -- I guess because of its direct connection to Mr. Fleetwood himself. (I'm not sure how you logically get from one point to the other, but I'm afraid to broach the subject with jackie.) She holds the recent live chat fiasco with Mick as an example of great things to come.

Here's how I feel about Mick's site: I'm not impressed. I am completely open to being impressed in the future, but that burden to impress is on Mick & his site operators, not me, & they have a long way to go. Quite frankly, I don't hold terribly high hopes, owing to my past experience with things official -- particularly pertaining to Fleetwood Mac.

I'm also a little afraid of posting anything over there again. Self-appointed whip-crackers don't exactly make one feel welcome.
Old 12-14-2002, 05:40 PM
joe

Talking

your post is about the funniest thing i've heard/read all day. THANKS!!!
Old 12-14-2002, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree. I don't give a s**t about many of the topics he has to chat about such as "Golf tips" or whatever it is. I think $90 is a rip-off to pay to join his club. And I wonder what kind of special tickets he will be selling? Probably not any better than I could get anywhere else. Now if there was a Fleetwood Mac fan club I might join. I like Mick, but not enough to only receive information/stuff pertaining to him which is basically all he is promoting on that site.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 12-14-2002, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Mick Fleetwood Official Fan Club

Quote:
Originally posted by David
....Her angle seems to be that the official site will soon inevitably overtake this one as the Internet Central of FM information & entertainment....
Those website moderators, along with Fleetwood Mac's management can continue to live in dream world if they want, but I wish they would just stop being stubborn and accept that THE PENGUIN is for all intents and purposes (at least from The Fan's point of view) the Internet Central of FM information & entertainment. This website should have been made the official one years ago, with Marty left fully in charge and in direct contact with FM's management.

But noooooooooo........they give us an "Official Website" which consists of two links to the Nicks Fix and Mick's Site, and four pretty much (however interesting they may be) random quotes from the members of FM.

Old 12-14-2002, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Uhhh...

$90 for a fan club??? Is he insane or just a "i-fit-iron-dick"??? I would never pay that much for ANY fanclub...EVER!!! And I agree with David, His website isnt that impressive to me...I have seen much BETTER fan sites ("The Penguin") than his quote "Official" website...Brian J.

ps-BTW, "i-fit-iron-dick" is an anagram for "Frickin Idiot" (Which appears courtesy of "Austin Power's Goldmember" DVD!!!!)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-14-2002, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Penguin!

I agree, The Ledge is Fleetwood Mac central. It will always be the place for "whats going on" with Fleetwood Mac. Thanks Marty!
Old 12-15-2002, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hmm... i'm wondering what kind of goodies he'll offer to those of us who paid 30 bucks to become lifetime members of the official Fleetwood Mac fan club in 1990.

I received a glossy pic of the band, and two newsletters.
I can only assume all of my other newsletters and goodies have been getting lost in the mail for the past twelve years.

Johnny Stew
Old 12-15-2002, 01:05 AM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Thats funny...

I keep receiving someone named Brian's "Fleetwood Mac" fan-club items ALL the time in the mail...LOL!!!!...Wonder "Why"???...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-15-2002, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

WTF?
I will just take that extra 90 and give it to my local scalper..(COUGH!) oh, excuse me, broker, when I need those tickets.

I find Mick's site incredibly boring and not very user-friendly.
Those folks over there scared me off in about a day. The Ledge is best for broad information and the coolest spin-off groups.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by thewhitewingedd
90 Bucks US....OH MY GOD...Thats almost 150 in Canada......RIPPPPPPPP OFFFFFFFFFF

Agreed!!!! I can't believe this... and you only get 4 tickets per year per membership! Give me a break!
Old 12-15-2002, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well the retort on Mick's board to David's post was a very interesting read.

"No arguments on Mick's board, unlike The Ledge", ummmm I think not.

And about the Fan Club, this is ridiculous, how much to join and for what, why is there a $10.00 premium for international members!!
Why has no discussion taken place on the critisium leveled at this Fan Club on Mick's board, seems an open discussion on the merits of Fan Club only suffice if you agree with everything they say.

This whole episode stinks of another way of Mick cranking out more $$$$ or £££££ from his fanbase.

Plus as Johnny Stew pointed out, the 1990 Fan Club was short lived, what happenes after 2003 when Fleetwood Mac and Mick start to wind down, another album straight away!! more like 5 or 6 years of no activity.

Of course I would post this on Mick's BB, but I'll get flamed for criticising!!

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 12-15-2002, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

$90 is very expensive to join a fan club. I'd never pay that much.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by nodmod
Well the retort on Mick's board to David's post was a very interesting read.

"No arguments on Mick's board, unlike The Ledge", ummmm I think not.

And about the Fan Club, this is ridiculous, how much to join and for what, why is there a $10.00 premium for international members!!
Why has no discussion taken place on the critisium leveled at this Fan Club on Mick's board, seems an open discussion on the merits of Fan Club only suffice if you agree with everything they say.

This whole episode stinks of another way of Mick cranking out more $$$$ or £££££ from his fanbase.

Plus as Johnny Stew pointed out, the 1990 Fan Club was short lived, what happenes after 2003 when Fleetwood Mac and Mick start to wind down, another album straight away!! more like 5 or 6 years of no activity.

Of course I would post this on Mick's BB, but I'll get flamed for criticising!!
You should post Neil. They should take the good remarks with the bad. I must admit I initially though great but have changed my mind somewhat

Pip
Old 12-15-2002, 01:13 PM

No opinion on Mick's site, but one about The Penguin . . .

I've watched this site grow "organically" over the years, which is usually the best way. It's a site by and for the fans. Very responsive, too. It's so well done.

Now, The Ledge is just a gem, IMHO. Yes, we have our fights and our hissy fits and all-out brawls. But isn't that what authentic interaction is all about? And it seems that after all that dies down and everyone goes and has a drink and/or a joint and a good night's sleep, we're all a family again.

And no one's asking us to pay $90 to be FM fans. I thought that's what CD and ticket purchases were for . . .
Old 12-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainman
[B

Now, The Ledge is just a gem, IMHO. Yes, we have our fights and our hissy fits and all-out brawls. But isn't that what authentic interaction is all about? And it seems that after all that dies down and everyone goes and has a drink and/or a joint and a good night's sleep, we're all a family again. [/B]
Umm.. Umm... comments just burning on my lips, here..
never mind, that wasn't the subject of this thread.

about Mick Fleetwood... whatever respect I had left for the guy has now diminished even more. $90?!?! haha! it must be a joke!