User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoscascott View Post
Sorry I didnt see you last night, I would have said hello. We were rushed backstage after the show as they were in a hurry to leave. Hope to see you again soon.
hey! not sure whether you are talking to me or Pattie but definitely! Beacon show if nothing else?

here is the Philly version of the intro to LIHTS / Red Sun -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hey! not sure whether you are talking to me or Pattie but definitely! Beacon show if nothing else?

He was talking to you. I didn't go to Philadephia. We are trying to make The Beacon happen.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

If he didn't ramble on so much they might be able to add on another song. He's starting to sound like SN.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
If he didn't ramble on so much they might be able to add on another song. He's starting to sound like SN.
lol, he actually rambled less in Philly than in DC for this intro. i think he's trying to be more off the cuff and it's turning into a complete rambling. i had to laugh watching Brett in the background... next Brett will start fixing drums during these little speeches.

here's great Everywhere from Philly - this guy has tons of great vids from the show -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

a phone video somebody took from close to the stage / speakers, but guess worth sharing since it's a rare one of Too Far Gone - people are all rocking out too much to record it on that song - it almost invariably gets standing Os!

Old 07-02-2017, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

this time around Christine brought out a bat during shackin' up line

some snippets including a few Chris-Lindsey interactions (plus Christine's bat!) during Tusk and GYOW -

Old 07-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Haha, love the bat! Thanks, Elle, for all of the vids, recaps, updates. I love the energy these two are bringing!

A friend said a minor set change in that songs 2&3 were flipped?
Old 07-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
My photos from Philly if anyone is interested: https://goo.gl/photos/1KvWKiy7H6trEp339
Those are really good photos. Thanks for putting them up.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
Haha, love the bat! Thanks, Elle, for all of the vids, recaps, updates. I love the energy these two are bringing!
Yes, I loved the bat too.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post

A friend said a minor set change in that songs 2&3 were flipped?
yup, WYWH before NGBA in Philly. here's the setlist - https://www.facebook.com/groups/8972...98999898595669

i didn't get to check yet what happened tonight, other than just saw that GOP was acoustic tonight, keyboard broke - it sounded really nice, actually, with just the guitar and Christine's voice.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...istine-mcvie-/

Mini-Mac: Buckingham and McVie trot out new duets and classic Fleetwood songs on current tour

By Eric Althoff - The Washington Times - Sunday, July 2, 2017
ANALYSIS/OPINION:

PHILADELPHIA | Even 20 percent of Fleetwood Mac — plus a backing section of some of the best session players in the biz — can bring in a solid evening of rock old and new. Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie, who are touring behind their eponymous new duet album, came to the Mann Center for the Performing Arts in Philadelphia Friday evening in support of the album.

Despite stifling summer heat, the duo brought an energy and verve to the outdoor arena — even as many of the fans left early in the evening swelter. Mr. Buckingham and Miss McVie made a fanfare-free entrance, immediately taking places at center stage and strumming into an acoustic set featuring “Trouble” and “Wish You Were Here.” Mr. Buckingham then took his place in the spotlight alone, strumming his guitar to the strains of “Never Going Back Again,” one of Fleetwood Mac’s signature songs, and one that has continued to provide Mr. Buckingham with a prominent launching pad for his stellar tenor vocals. He expertly modulated the tune to suit both his desired inflections and timing, stretching out the brisk tune into a masters class of vocal control and showmanship.

Then joined by their backup musicians, the duo launched into a mini-set from their new album. Many of the 2017 songs, including “Feel About You” and “Too Far Gone,” have the energy and the harmonic joy of the best of the duo’s time with their bandmates, and Miss McVie and Mr. Buckingham complement one another nicely on vocals on the lively new songs.
Miss McVie and Mr. Buckingham told only brief stories of recording the album together, and of how, when Miss McVie rejoined the band in 2014, she began writing songs again and sharing the samples with the guitarist, who helped fill them out.

“Now we’ll do a few songs you’ll probably recognize,” the artists said before setting up more Mac covers, including “You Make Loving Fun,” “Little Lies” and “Hold Me,” proving that even in the absence of Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks and John McVie, the joy of performing many of the band’s most famous songs can stand even in their absence. (It must be noted, however, that Miss McVie struggled for some of the higher notes on “You Make Loving Fun,” but given her lengthy time away from the spotlight, this can be forgiven.)

Mr. Buckingham, righteously praised as one of the greatest guitarists in rock, delivered the goods on what are, arguably, two of his signature songs from the Fleetwood Mac repertoire. As the percussively hushed nature of “Tusk” began, Mr. Buckingham began the verses in his quiet register, allowing the chords and the low percussion to do the talking for him. However, as the rock anthem, a favorite of college marching bands such as the University of Southern California — of which I am an alum — strode on toward its later verses, Mr. Buckingham became ever more animated, screaming for the Mann’s rafters in between lyrics. It was rock ‘n’ fanfare of the highest order.
And yet, as any Mac fan knows well, the highlight of any of their performances is the late-show duet between Mr. Buckingham and Mr. Fleetwood on “I’m So Afraid,” which, like “Tusk,” starts off sotto voce before attaining a fierceness of epic rock proportions. Even in the absence of Mr. Fleetwood for the call-and-response nature of the tune from “Rumours,” Mr. Buckingham and his able fill-in percussionist gradually rose the beautiful terror of the song to an assured, all-enveloping ecstasy. Nearby, I could see a gray-haired bloke I had run into in the men’s room not long before positively leaping in joy as Mr. Buckingham wailed on his strings, spun his axe about his waist and eventually brought the song to a satisfying, exhausted finale, pulling the audience to their feet in appreciation.
It was the evening’s high point, hands down.

Unsurprisingly, Mr. Buckingham and Miss McVie finished their set with that apex paean of breakup songs, “Go Your Own Way,” trading off the delightful harmonies that for four decades have belied the painful nature of the lyrics of separation.

Cheering for more, the duo and their band returned for “Everywhere,” the synth-heavy Mac tune Miss McVie still continues to elevate to ecstasy with her vocals.

Mr. Buckingham said they would cap the evening with two more new tunes, a bit of a head-scratcher for an encore after such a high-energy past few songs, and even more surprising given that so many audience members continued to depart from the heat. (A few more Mac songs might have kept at least some of them in place.)

Overall, in 90 minutes and change, this highly talented micro-configuration of one of rock’s classic acts — which, Miss McVie told me recently, will likely celebrate its half-century in 2018 with a tour — proved that there is always something new to be written by talented musicians and more songs yet to be born from their musical fonts. But also, the old tunes remain vibrant so long as their performers do.

In the latter case, we need not worry.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default another Mann show review

[i was surprised how relatively unpopulated this venue was - Mann is probably one fifth of the Wolftrap size (or maybe that was just the audeince size?), and while Wolftrap was completely full, in Mann upper parts and lawn were far from being filled. for a performance art center, although the security and a lot of the audience behavior was annoyingly fitting for a symphony rather than a rock concert - sit down!! was heard over and over to fans standing and dancing - the sound was not nearly as fantastic as the wolftrap sound.]

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.c...2c61ea156.html

Buckingham-McVie focus on the new and the deep at the Mann
By Patrick Berkery, staff writer

McVie Buckingham
Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham teamed at the Mann.
Photo by Joe Russo

If you like the album Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie released last month (and if you're a fan of the duo's collaborative efforts on Mac albums like "Tusk," "Mirage" and "Tango in the Night," you have plenty to like about this Buckingham-McVie album) thank Stevie Nicks. Her unwillingness to participate in sessions for a new Fleetwood Mac album following the band's wildly successful 2014-15 world tour — the first with McVie since she retired from the road in 1998 — prompted the band's singer-guitarist-studio wizard and singer-keyboardist to carry on writing and recording without her.

They've taken to the road without her too, playing the Mann Center for the Performing Arts Friday as part of a summer tour that sandwiches two big Fleetwood Mac stadium shows in Los Angeles and New York later this month.

Without the star-power of Nicks, it's smaller venues like the Mann and a smaller crowd than the pair are used to with Mac (the Mann was about half-filled). More importantly, a show without Nicks (or Mac founding fathers John McVie and Mick Fleetwood, both of whom play on the Buckingham-McVie album) afforded the duo the opportunity to unearth some deep cuts and dig deep into the new album.

The pair began digging deep early on during a four-song acoustic set which opened the hour and 45-minute show, showcasing disparate skill sets that have always blended so seamlessly within the context of Fleetwood Mac. Few do love songs as well as McVie, and her swooning ballad “Wish You Were Here” (the closing track on 1982’s "Mirage") soared despite her somewhat diminished vocal range and a sparse arrangement. Buckingham answered that longing love song with tightly-coiled intensity on “Shut Us Down” (from his 2006 solo album "Under the Skin"), blending acrobatic finger-picking with a hushed and heated vocal.

Backed by four musicians (including Jersey Shore native Jimmy Paxson on drums) for the full-band portion of the show, Buckingham and McVie went where most veteran artists fear to tread, playing a whopping eight songs from their new album. And though some of the new stuff felt a bit canned with drum triggers and sampled backing vocals used to re-create the finer sonic details of the studio versions, the buoyant bounce of McVie’s “Feel About You” and Buckingham’s moody “In My World” fit quite nicely alongside Mac hits like “Everywhere,” “Go Your Own Way,” and “Hold Me.”

Quibbles could be made that Buckingham didn’t play that ripping solo at the end of “Hold Me” (the song closed instead with an a capella reprise of the chorus) or that some seemingly obvious fits for a Buckingham-McVie live show went untouched (whither Buckingham’s solo version of “Big Love” and Christine’s sublime “Songbird”?). But credit the duo for not just giving the people what they know and love under the guise of a separate project. They could easily be resting on well-earned laurels at this stage in the game. Instead they poured their energies into a solid new record and they’re standing behind it with a live show that isn’t merely a re-creation of the day gig.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Jim Powers' Buckingham McVie videos

Hi all

Unfortunately Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie have forgotten that a little continent called Australia exists. Either that or they don't think there's a market for them as a duo down under.

For anyone who like me can't afford overseas travel for one concert, do yourself a favour and check out Jim Powers' close to pro quality footage of the Philadelphia shows.

I'm including one here so you can see how good his filming is. The sound quality is sublime. HOLD ME:

Old 07-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Hi all

Unfortunately Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie have forgotten that a little continent called Australia exists. Either that or they don't think there's a market for them as a duo down under.

For anyone who like me can't afford overseas travel for one concert, do yourself a favour and check out Jim Powers' close to pro quality footage of the Philadelphia shows.

I'm including one here so you can see how good his filming is. The sound quality is sublime. HOLD ME:

Wow! This is great. Thanks!
Old 07-06-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Wow! This is great. Thanks!
I hope you go to Denver. I'm going to be dressed like stevie.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, fantastic audio, thanks for sharing!

It sounded to me like Christine started the song quite low with Lindsey trying to do the higher notes instead; but as the song progressed she seemed to sing it not as low as she did initially. That's as precise as I can be not being a professionally knowledgeable singer..