User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472 View Post
It'd be a flashback to 1979, thats for sure.
Ryan the Police were an absolute bore last night.

Sorry I just needed to tell you that because my AIM is gone!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i thought the Police were great last night.
they obviously have been rehearsing - and i love the idea of Sting leaving behind his snoozy "adult contemporary" innocuous solo career.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Blah, what a weak lineup...

no way this lineup will help this show be bigger than Live Aid, Wishful thinking Al:

Pharrell, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Snoop Dogg, Lenny Kravitz, Bon Jovi, Paolo Nutini, Sheryl Crow, AFI, Melissa Etheridge, John Mayer, Damien Rice, Corrine Bailey Rae, Duran Duran, Snow Patrol, John Legend, Black Eyed Peas, Akon, Enrique Iglesias, Fall Out Boy, Mana, Keane, Kelly Clarkson, Korn, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, Ray LaMontagne, Robin Thicke, and Kenna.

Dont get me wrong, there's a few good artists in this lineup, but no one who help to draw attention as the Pink Floyd re-union did for Live 8.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I am not mistaken, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw are the only arena players in that line up. The rest play much smaller venues, though Sheryl C. did do the Central park thing like 8 years ago.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

If Gore wants to hit a homerun he needs something like the impact from a reunion of the original Guns N Roses lineup at this show, otherwise this show wont have any impact from the artists on the bill - Where's the major legendary acts that were hinted at in recently hyping of this event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
If I am not mistaken, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw are the only arena players in that line up. The rest play much smaller venues, though Sheryl C. did do the Central park thing like 8 years ago.
I dont see Hill & McGraw drawing anything....But flies

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 02-15-2007 at 04:49 PM..
Old 02-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Speaking of Zeppelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77 View Post
I don't know about Fleetwood Mac, but I have heard of Madonna, Pink Floyd, and a Reunited LED ZEPPELIN!
here's an interesting article that I saw this evening:

ROBERT PLANT Says That He And JIMMY PAGE Are Out Of Touch

According to Howie Edelson from Launch, ROBERT PLANT says that, although there's no bad blood between him and LED ZEPPELIN co-founder JIMMY PAGE, the two have fallen out of touch. Plant spoke to Britain's Mojo magazine, who asked him if the he and Page, who co-wrote most of the band's most popular material, are still in contact. Plant said, "No. I'd like to talk to him but I never do. Lives change. The unfortunate thing is that whenever John (Paul Jones), Jimmy and myself meet up, the points of reference are always about the past. If there wasn't any previous triumph then we probably wouldn't be in touch."

We asked Plant why he hasn't been gung-ho for a full scale Led Zeppelin reunion: "It's not that I've been obstructive. It's just that it meant what it meant when it meant it, and beyond that there was no story, and with John's (Bonham) passing and all that stuff, it was gone. There's no need for it."
Old 02-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472 View Post
How absolutely amazzzzzz would that be?! Floyd and Zeppelin playing a show together in 2007. hahahahaha.

Think of all the acts that will be on the road at that time anyways: Stevie, The Police, Genesis, Van Halen, The Killers, Elton John, Justin Timberlake, XTina Aguilera. Basically everyone you could imagine is touring this year, so a giant benefit concert would be coming at just the right time for a lot of big acts. I hope this all goes down!
You're leaving out lindsey. TSK TSK....

Old 02-27-2007, 03:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
You're leaving out lindsey. TSK TSK....
Even more of a possibility of the Mac showing up for one of these gigs.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

More artists added to Al Gore's "Live Earth" Concerts?

According to Jim Welte from MP3.com, climate change awareness shows reportedly will include the METALLICA, ROLLING STONES , and possibly a SPINAL TAP reunion.

Al Gore's plans to hold seven star-studded Live Earth concerts on seven continents on 7/7/07 is to raise awareness about global warming.

ROGER WATERS, SNOOP DOGG, PHARRELL, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, BLACK EYED PEAS, FALL OUT BOY, AKON, JOHN LEGEND, KELLY CLARKSON, JOHN MAYER, THE FOO FIGHTERS, AFI, and SHERYL CROW have all been announced as performers, although there is no indication of who will be playing at which shows.

Concerts are set to be held in Sydney, Australia; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Shanghai, China; London, England; Kyoto, Japan; Johannesburg, South Africa; and a US city that has yet to be determined.

Also on the bill are LENNY KRAVITZ, BON JOVI, PAOLO NUTINI, MELISSA ETHERIDGE, DAMIEN RICE, CORINNE BAILEY RAE, DURAN DURAN, SNOW PATROL, ENRIQUE IGLESIAS, MANA, KEANE, KORN, FAITH HILL, TIM MCGRAW, and BLOC PARTY.

In addition, Fox News reported today that THE POLICE will be headlining the US show.

---------------------------------

I'm sure this event will be televised, but STILL what a very weak lineup even with the reported adding of the Rolling Stones & Roger Waters.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What this "event" needs is Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Santana, David Bowie, & Eric Clapton.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
What this "event" needs is Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Santana, David Bowie, & Eric Clapton.
Nah, none of those guys are famous or respected enough.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Online Rock Radio has issued the following report:

ROLLING STONES, PAUL MCCARTNEY, THE WHO and U2 might all be signing on for this summer's Live Earth concerts on July 7th. According to foxnews.com, the Stones will headline the London concert at Wembley Stadium, on a bill that will also include MADONNA, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, METALLICA, singer-songwriter JAMES BLUNT, and modern rock outfit BLOC PARTY. The report adds that McCartney, The Who, and U2 will likely sign on in the coming weeks, but there was no indication of where they might perform.

It should be noted that The Who have a gig in Roskilde, Denmark, on July 7th, while the Stones are booked to play in Rome the night before (July 6th), so this would be the only time on their European tour that they'd play back-to-back shows.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If it was near my hometown, I'd go, but none of these acts are worth traveling for, imo.

Plus, the crowd will probably be annoying as hell, and it'll be on youtube the next day. And I won't even watch it then, unless something crazy happens.

Otherwise.. zzzz. E for Effort, Al.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More Live Earth Concerts Details Revealed

Organizers today announced sixteen of the headliners who will perform at the U.S. leg of the 7-continent, 24-hour Live Earth concerts on 7/7/07. The concert will be held at Giants Stadium in New Jersey, Live Earth Founder and Executive Producer Kevin Wall said. Tickets for the show go on sale Monday, April 16 at 10 a.m. EDT.

“Capping Live Earth with a blockbuster show like this will ensure we meet our challenge of building a mass audience to combat global warming,” Wall said. “Live Earth will be a monumental event both in terms of entertainment and in turning the tide against global warming.”

The global concert on 7/7/07 will begin in Sydney and continue across all 7 continents, concluding with the U.S. show.

“We hope the energy created by Live Earth will jump start a massive public education effort,” Live Earth Co-Chair Vice President Al Gore said. “Live Earth will help us reach a tipping point that’s needed to move corporations and governments to take decisive action to solve the climate crisis.”

The U.S. show will feature live on stage:
AFI
AKON
ALICIA KEYS
BON JOVI
DAVE MATTHEWS BAND
FALL OUT BOY
JOHN MAYER
KANYE WEST
KELLY CLARKSON
KT TUNSTALL
LUDACRIS
MELISSA ETHERIDGE
RIHANNA
ROGER WATERS
SMASHING PUMPKINS
THE POLICE

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. EDT on Monday, April 16 and will be available at livenation.com/liveearth or by calling Ticketmaster at (212) 307-7171. All ticket information is available at LiveEarth.MSN.com. All proceeds will go to The Alliance for Climate Protection and other international NGOs.

Live Earth is a monumental music event that will bring together more than 2 billion people to combat the climate crisis. Live Earth’s 24 hours of music across 7 continents will deliver a call to action and the solutions needed to answer the call. Live Earth marks the beginning of a multi-year campaign led by The Alliance for Climate Protection to move individuals, corporations and governments to take action.

Earlier today, Wall announced that the following artists will perform at the London leg of Live Earth at Wembley Stadium:

BEASTIE BOYS
BLACK EYED PEAS
BLOC PARTY
CORINNE BAILEY RAE
DAMIEN RICE
DAVID GRAY
DURAN DURAN
FOO FIGHTERS
GENESIS
JAMES BLUNT
JOHN LEGEND
KEANE
MADONNA
PAOLO NUTINI
RAZORLIGHT
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
SNOW PATROL

Exclusive online media partner MSN is helping Live Earth reach people in every corner of the globe. The concerts will be streamed live on 7/7/07 at LiveEarth.MSN.com. MSN’s 39 localized web portals worldwide attract 465 million monthly users. The concerts will be broadcast on the NBC in the U.S. and on more than 120 networks around the world.

Wall also announced that smart car, Stonyfield Farm and Pepsi have joined Live Earth as corporate partners. In addition to working with Live Earth to create corporate efforts to combat global warming, this growing list of partners will help ensure a mass audience for Live Earth is reached. These efforts will be detailed at a later date.

Wall also announced today that Live Earth will stage concerts at Sydney’s Aussie Stadium; Rio de Janeiro’s Copacabana Beach; Johannesburg’s Cradle of Human Kind; Tokyo’s Tokyo Stadium and the Shanghai, TBD.