The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who are you routing for to win the lawsuit?
I’m routing for Lindsey to win. 110 88.71%
I’m routing for Fleetwood Mac to win. 14 11.29%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
And? Isn't that what we're all doing here? Fanatically loving someone's music?
Wrong again. I loved Stevie , but then she turned out to be a jerk. Hence I didn’t let my fandom get in the way of seeing her for what she really is. I wasn’t just an LB fan, I was a fan of all of them. You on ther other hand...like our president says she could shoot someone on 5 th avenue and you would still defend her.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 10-23-2018 at 09:58 PM..
Old 10-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can we get 100?!

#Team Lindsey!
Old 10-26-2018, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thrown down, like a barricade.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Thrown down, like a barricade.
I LOVE YOU!!
Old 10-28-2018, 01:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Are you Team Lindsey or Team Fleetwood Mac? Who are u routing for in the lawsuit?
I’d rather he not sued at all. I’d rather see him just walk away with more dignity than seeming like the jilted ex girlfriend who’ll do anything to get back with their ex. That said I’m always on Lindsey’s side. Why was it okay for Stevie to control things with her absence? Her solo tour kept the band from touring and even turned an FM album to a duet with 4/5 members. Then Lindsey decides to do something with his solo career and it’s not okay? And to top it off she’s going to get in the RARHOF as a solo artist? I find that undeserving to say the least. My opinion.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
I’d rather he not sued at all. I’d rather see him just walk away with more dignity than seeming like the jilted ex girlfriend who’ll do anything to get back with their ex. That said I’m always on Lindsey’s side. Why was it okay for Stevie to control things with her absence? Her solo tour kept the band from touring and even turned an FM album to a duet with 4/5 members. Then Lindsey decides to do something with his solo career and it’s not okay? And to top it off she’s going to get in the RARHOF as a solo artist? I find that undeserving to say the least. My opinion.
So, please, give me your sources on that accusation. The general rule is that FM tours every 3 years, give or take (the 2014-2015 tour was an exception due to Christine). So it's been 3 years since the On with the Show tour, so this current tour is happening according to schedule. Keep in mind that Stevie's last solo album was released right in the middle of the last Fleetwood Mac tour. Did she whine and complain about not being able to do a solo tour or cut the tour short? No, because that FM tour went on for over a year. So not only did she participate in back-to-back FM tours in 2013 and 2014-2015, she recorded and released a solo album that she didn't promote due to her obligations with FM. That is a 180-degree contrast with what Lindsey is trying to do.

Regarding the RRHOF, you don't think that her solo career hasn't been successful or influential? "Edge of Seventeen" alone was the inspiration for two movies and a Broadway musical. She's released multiple platinum and gold Top 10 solo albums and continues to play arenas as a solo act. Many artists age out of the system or eventually fade away into obscurity; Stevie has continued to work consistently and her influence as a singer and songwriter is acknowledged among many of her peers. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge, objectively, the merits of her RRHOF nomination really defies credibility.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love to see your shrine. Really. I'll bet it's amazing! I am being serious.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
So, please, give me your sources on that accusation. The general rule is that FM tours every 3 years, give or take (the 2014-2015 tour was an exception due to Christine). So it's been 3 years since the On with the Show tour, so this current tour is happening according to schedule. Keep in mind that Stevie's last solo album was released right in the middle of the last Fleetwood Mac tour. Did she whine and complain about not being able to do a solo tour or cut the tour short? No, because that FM tour went on for over a year. So not only did she participate in back-to-back FM tours in 2013 and 2014-2015, she recorded and released a solo album that she didn't promote due to her obligations with FM. That is a 180-degree contrast with what Lindsey is trying to do.
the more important point you (purposefully, I'm sure) ignored was that your idol destroyed our chance of getting a final album from the Rumours lineup. There's really no spinning that one
Old 10-29-2018, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
the more important point you (purposefully, I'm sure) ignored was that your idol destroyed our chance of getting a final album from the Rumours lineup. There's really no spinning that one
You already got one. Its called Say You Will. It almost never materialized because your idol threatened to hold the masters hostage and showed that he no longer had the magic touch when it came to the production of the songs. John Shanks saved What's the World Coming to and preserved the Brian Wilson like feel to the song (it reminds me of Palisades Park). Chris Lord Alge mixed Destiny Rules to perfection. If that song isn't a Fleetwood Mac song I don't know what is. "The Master" ruined Smile At You and Shanks was once again tapped to finish Everybody Finds Out. Sure Murrow and Miranda are great and Bleed to Love Her is classic in the FM vein. I mean with 18 songs some were bound to be good if not even great. I did like his work on Thrown Down. The Chris Lord Alge remix of Say You Will is superior to the album version. There's a reason this is the last Rumours era record. The situation became completely untenable. And while Christine is on the record it's a crime they they didn't really let her record.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You already got one. It Shanks was once again tapped to finish Everybody Finds Out.
That's interesting seeing that Shanks did not work on Everybody Finds Out. He CO-producded with Buckingham two Lindsey compositions What's the World Coming To and Peacekeeper. He added keyboards to World and guitar to Peacekeeper.

I know you are passionate about this fight but Stevie is going to be just fine without you and Lindsey is going to be just fine without Stevie or his sycophants here and you don't have to tear him down at each turn with half-truthed narratives.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You already got one. Its called Say You Will. It almost never materialized because your idol threatened to hold the masters hostage and showed that he no longer had the magic touch when it came to the production of the songs. John Shanks saved What's the World Coming to and preserved the Brian Wilson like feel to the song (it reminds me of Palisades Park). Chris Lord Alge mixed Destiny Rules to perfection. If that song isn't a Fleetwood Mac song I don't know what is. "The Master" ruined Smile At You and Shanks was once again tapped to finish Everybody Finds Out. Sure Murrow and Miranda are great and Bleed to Love Her is classic in the FM vein. I mean with 18 songs some were bound to be good if not even great. I did like his work on Thrown Down. The Chris Lord Alge remix of Say You Will is superior to the album version. There's a reason this is the last Rumours era record. The situation became completely untenable. And while Christine is on the record it's a crime they they didn't really let her record.
Please. Smile At You went from a tepid, generic romp into an incredibly unique arrangement that made room for incredible bass from John, and it's one of Stevie's strongest vocals on the album. Maybe Stevie could have saved SYW, or BuckVie for that matter with her magical production touch.. oh wait..

And at the end of the day, with all the concessions Lindsey had reportedly been trying to make over the last 5 or so years to get her into the studio, bringing on Froom (there's even that one interview where he mentioned Dave Stewart was a possibility) writing in her key, you know, being an adult and opening the door to a true collaboration, only to have it slammed shut by a bitter old narcissist who'd rather play guest star on television shows, gush about Harry Styles or appear w Haim, or whoever else will praise her in some sad publicity stunt so she can lap up the attention rather than create as an artist.. you're so right, Stevie is not the petulant child at fault here. She didn't kill this band. Lindsey did.

Last edited by The Chain; 10-29-2018 at 08:24 PM..
Old 10-29-2018, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
Please. Smile At You went from a tepid, generic romp into an incredibly unique arrangement that made room for incredible bass from John, and it's one of Stevie's strongest vocals on the album. Maybe Stevie could have saved SYW, or BuckVie for that matter with her magical production touch.. oh wait..

And at the end of the day, with all the concessions Lindsey had reportedly been trying to make over the last 5 or so years to get her into the studio, bringing on Froom (there's even that one interview where he mentioned Dave Stewart was a possibility) writing in her key, you know, being an adult and opening the door to a true collaboration, only to have it slammed shut by a bitter old narcissist who'd rather play guest star on television shows, gush about Harry Styles or appear w Haim, or whoever else will praise her in some sad publicity stunt so she can lap up the attention rather than create as an artist.. you're so right, Stevie is not the petulant child at fault here. She didn't kill this band. Lindsey did.
That thing about nice guys finishing last.
Please also spare me the "but, but 40 years ago he may have been a GF beater once!" rhetoric.
Nice guy, trying to do the right thing and bending over backwards. Disheartening how seldom that seems to pay.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have the THICKEST HEAD I have ever come in contact with. HOW MANY TIMES do we have to say that for many of us, Stevie USED to be our idol too. SHE ruined that. "your idol" OMFG
Old 10-29-2018, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
That's interesting seeing that Shanks did not work on Everybody Finds Out. He CO-producded with Buckingham two Lindsey compositions What's the World Coming To and Peacekeeper. He added keyboards to World and guitar to Peacekeeper.

I know you are passionate about this fight but Stevie is going to be just fine without you and Lindsey is going to be just fine without Stevie or his sycophants here and you don't have to tear him down at each turn with half-truthed narratives.
That's it. I'm going to have to watch Destiny Rules again after like 10 years because I could swear Shanks finished that song. Maybe I'm getting it confused with Every Day from TISL which he wrote. That's another good song and a shame it didn't really hit.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You have the THICKEST HEAD I have ever come in contact with. HOW MANY TIMES do we have to say that for many of us, Stevie USED to be our idol too. SHE ruined that. "your idol" OMFG
Used to have equal love for all members of the Mac, and all 3 songwriters are so important to me, some of the biggest influences I have as a musician myself. But when it comes to the reality of their personalities, in the here and now, Stevie has just become an embarrassment, insufferable these days. Cringeworthy even. That said, I could never just blindly defend any of them, they're all guilty of being terrible, and terrible to each other, at some point in their lives. But we're talking about right now. Which is why its humorous to me when people like gldstwmn continuously try to deflect and project their own sycophantic tendencies onto those who are just pissed at what, for the time being, with all the info, seems to be a raw deal for Lindsey. But for a few people on this board, the ancient queen will always fart gold dust at the rainbow's end, and is totally incapable of any wrongdoing. It's so pathetic it's humorous.

Last edited by The Chain; 10-30-2018 at 05:52 PM..