The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:36 AM
Registered

Now I wonder what could have sparked that argument. Maybe Christine McVie smirked at the Goat Queen. But no, women aren't abusive! Only Lindsey is!
Old 10-26-2018, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Now I wonder what could have sparked that argument. Maybe Christine McVie smirked at the Goat Queen. But no, women aren't abusive! Only Lindsey is!
The "victims" have their wagons in a circle, and they're not listening. Men are bad and mean!
Old 10-26-2018, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if it was the Second Hand News chair during the Rumours tour.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-26-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I wonder if it was the Second Hand News chair during the Rumours tour.
And Christine was still playing it with her little drum-sticks.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
According to Ed it is, when it's a woman committing the violence. #edtoo
I didn't say that, so stop it. Look, if you think man-on-man or woman-on-woman violence is equivalent to man-on-woman violence, then you're truly sick. Get help.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I didn't say that, so stop it. Look, if you think man-on-man or woman-on-woman violence is equivalent to man-on-woman violence, then you're truly sick. Get help.
Unless we are talking about self-defense, violence against another human is wrong. It ends there. There aren't varying degrees of acceptability - it is always wrong.

With respect to Fleetwood Mac, Stevie is on record as talking about how she went after Lindsey and attacked him. I don't care how short she is, how much she weighed at the time, what prescription drug was forcibly shoved down her throat by Dr. Meanie, it was wrong. Him doing whatever he did to her in that concert in 1980 was wrong. It's all wrong and why this ancient history even gets rehashed as any justification for what happened in 2018 to this band is beyond me.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You get help, Ed. Three different people have messaged me today, concerning YOU. They say you're a nice person in real life, and don't know why you're such an ASS on the Ledge. Seriously. Get some help, Ed.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:40 PM
Registered

Quote:
So Stevie thwacking Christine with a chair is not a problem? It is not abuse or violence? What an utter lack of morals or sense

Admin! What has happened to my request to be delisted? It shames me to be in the same forum with such amoral people who can actually defend Stevie attacking Chris with a chair.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Unless we are talking about self-defense, violence against another human is wrong. It ends there. There aren't varying degrees of acceptability - it is always wrong.

With respect to Fleetwood Mac, Stevie is on record as talking about how she went after Lindsey and attacked him. I don't care how short she is, how much she weighed at the time, what prescription drug was forcibly shoved down her throat by Dr. Meanie, it was wrong. Him doing whatever he did to her in that concert in 1980 was wrong. It's all wrong and why this ancient history even gets rehashed as any justification for what happened in 2018 to this band is beyond me.
Of course it's all wrong. Geez, I've already stated that a bajillion times! My point is about false equivalence.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You get help, Ed. Three different people have messaged me today, concerning YOU. They say you're a nice person in real life, and don't know why you're such an ASS on the Ledge. Seriously. Get some help, Ed.
I don't know 3 people who remain on the Ledge so quit yer lying. Also, um, isn't calling me an "ASS" technically in violation of the code of conduct here? Moderator, please look into this.

And, seriously, for YOU to call me that? Seriously??!!
Old 10-26-2018, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So Stevie thwacking Christine with a chair is not a problem? It is not abuse or violence? What an utter lack of morals or sense

Admin! What has happened to my request to be delisted? It shames me to be in the same forum with such amoral people who can actually defend Stevie attacking Chris with a chair.
Ugh, another failure at reading comprehension. I never defended anyone. If it happened (which I suspect a mountain is being made of a molehill), of course it's wrong. But it doesn't rise to the level of man-on-woman violence. To make those equivalent is the very definition of amoral. So, yes, you should be ashamed.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:58 PM
saniette
This message has been deleted by saniette.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:07 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Ugh, another failure at reading comprehension. I never defended anyone. If it happened (which I suspect a mountain is being made of a molehill), of course it's wrong. But it doesn't rise to the level of man-on-woman violence. To make those equivalent is the very definition of amoral. So, yes, you should be ashamed.
No, it's actually amoral to assert a special difference between male and female violence. They are equals from a moral/legal standpoint, and thus there is no false equivalency. Female violence is not somehow less bad than male violence, just because of biological differences. Which by the way is an interesting argument to make in this day and age.

And I think mountain out of molehill would also describe Lindsey's onstage incident brought up ad nauseam around here.

Last edited by saniette; 10-26-2018 at 01:10 PM..
Old 10-26-2018, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
No, it's actually amoral to assert a special difference between male and female violence. They are equals from a moral/legal standpoint, and thus there is no false equivalency. Female violence is not somehow less bad than male violence, just because of biological differences. Which by the way is an interesting argument to make in this day and age.

And I think mountain out of molehill would also describe Lindsey's onstage incident brought up ad nauseam around here.
Ed's on his high horse. Don't waste your time...
Old 10-26-2018, 01:20 PM
Registered

Quote:
So you are accusing me of being unable to read? Personal insult!

And how is a man attacking a woman different from a woman doing so? How? Does the chair consider whether it is being wielded by a male or a female before being thrown? So it's all right for Chris to be thwacked with a chair as long as it's Stevie and not John doing it, that is not abuse? And you have the temerity to say I should be ashamed? Who the F do you think you are!

Disgraceful. You just can't accept your Goat Queen is an ogress.

Last edited by NotonRodeo; 10-26-2018 at 01:24 PM..
Old 10-26-2018, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
If you don't want your name to be visible on the forum, this isn't the way to go about it.