Old 01-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peter Green & Friends in UK

Did he ever leave?

Maybe, but now we know he's back!

See the photo.

Mario.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_53a8fe7b857244ccbf72e6d1b087d2ef.jpg (90.0 KB, 67 views)
Old 01-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default WOW! Thats a schedule

I guess everyone who wnats to see him in GB, can.

lucky, lucky

Thanks for posting Mario

vinnie c
Old 01-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thank you, just got tickets for Leamington
Old 01-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This blog catalog website has a collection of entries about Peter Green

http://www.blogcatalog.com/blogs/pet...=Yahoo%21+Mail

Saturday, January 16, 2010
Formation of Fleetwood Mac
The name of Green's new band was Fleetwood Mac. Originally billed as "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac"; it originated from the band's rhythm section that comprised Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, both of whom, like Peter Green, had played most recently in Mayall's band. Initially this was a straight-up blues-rock band playing blues classics and some original material, but in the mid 1970s the band topped the charts with mainstream pop/rock. Peter Green wrote "Black Magic Woman", which was later covered by Santana. Peter Green was the leader of the group throughout its initial period of success in the late 1960s, with hits including "Oh Well", "Man of the World", "The Green Manalishi" and the #1 British chart hit "Albatross". Peter Green remains ambivalent about his songwriting success, telling Guitar Player "Oh, I was never really a songwriter. I was very lucky to get those hits. I shouldn't have been distracted from my fascination with the blues... I have been known to come up with the odd bit, but I'm not all that wild about the big composer credit."

Peter Green - The End Of The Game

Peter Green quit Fleetwood Mac in 1970, performing his final show as a member on 20 May 1970. Peter Green recorded a jam session and released it as the album The End of the Game and faded into obscurity, taking on a succession of menial jobs. During this period Peter Green sold his trademark 1959 Sunburst Gibson Les Paul Standard to Irish guitarist Gary Moore and recorded with Bobby Tench's band Gass on their eponymous album.

Peter Green had a brief reunion with Fleetwood Mac when Jeremy Spencer left the group (Green flew to the USA to help them complete the tour) and Peter Green was also an uncredited guest on their 1973 Penguin album, on the track "Night Watch". Peter Green also appears on the track "Brown Eyes" from 1979's Tusk.

Peter Green - Style, tone, and instruments
Peter Green is praised for his "swinging shuffle grooves" and "soulful phrases," and favored "the minor mode and its darker blues implications. His trademark tone is exemplified on "The Super-Natural," an instrumental Peter Green composition on the second John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers record, A Hard Road (1967). Played on the 1959 Les Paul sunburst, the song shows off Green's "uncanny control of harmonic feedback." The sound is characterized by "shivering vibrato and clean, cutting tones," and a "series of 10-second sustained notes"; "to this day, these haunting tones define controlled feedback on a Les Paul."

Many rock guitarists have cited Peter Green as an influence, most notably Gary Moore, guitarist Joe Perry Wishbone Ash guitarist Andy Powell

Peter Green Splinter Group and Tours
Apart from his solo work in the late 1970s and early 1980s, Peter Green contributed to "Rattlesnake Shake" and "Super Brains" on Mick Fleetwood's solo album, The Visitor, and recorded various sessions with a number of other musicians.

A late 1990s comeback saw Peter Green form the Peter Green Splinter Group, with the assistance of fellow musicians including Nigel Watson and Cozy Powell. The Splinter Group released nine albums between 1997 and 2004. It was in the latter part of this period that Peter Green picked up a black Gibson Les Paul again. Peter Green signed and sold this Les Paul, which had been tweaked for Peter Green to sound like the famous 'green burst' and is now owned by a UK enthusiast. A tour was canceled and recording of a new studio album stopped in early 2004, when Peter Green left the band and moved to Sweden. Shortly thereafter he joined The British Blues All Stars, but their tour in 2005 was also canceled after the death of saxophonist Dick Heckstall-Smith.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
I guess everyone who wnats to see him in GB, can.

lucky, lucky

Thanks for posting Mario

vinnie c
Yes, those brits are lucky. I am going to London in March, but are not there long enough to go up north and see them - unfortunately. Would have loved to go to the 22nd of March concert in Union Hall, London.

Anyway, Doodyhead and others in the US. With the tour of Australia there is hope that PG and Friends will also tour the States. Hopefully soon!

Ms Moose
Old 01-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From Nightwatchers House of Rock, January 26, 2010
http://nightwatchershouseofrock.blog...expand-uk.html

Planet Rock is reporting that Peter Green & Friends have expanded their forthcoming UK tour to a whopping 19 dates.

The legendary former Fleetwood Mac guitarist and his band will play shows throughout February and March, culminating in a date at the Union Chapel in London on 22 March.

Tickets for the shows are on sale now.

Here are the dates:

Feb 13 Villa Marina and Gaiety Theatre Complex Douglas
Feb 18 Opera House Buxton
Feb 19 Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal
Feb 20 Holmfirth Picturedrome
Feb 22 Glee Club, Birmingham
Feb 23 Huntingdon Hall, Worcester
Feb 24 The Globe, Cardiff
Feb 26 Phoenix Arts Centre, Exeter
Feb 27 Phoenix Arts Centre, Exeter
Feb 28 The Brook, Southampton
Mar 8 The Maltings, Farnham
Mar 9 Stables Theatre, Milton Keynes
Mar 11 The Junction, Cambridge
Mar 12 Nottingham Rescue Rooms
Mar 13 Irish Centre, Leeds
Mar 15 Assembly Rooms, Leamington
Mar 16 Bath Komedia
Mar 17 Komedia Theatre, Brighton
Mar 22 Union Chapel, London
Old 02-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After I said to Martin Celmins that my Epiphone Les Paul Gold Top 1956 reissue was just arrived, I got this sms from him:

"And today I ordered an Epiphone Les Paul Standard 1959 to commemorate getting
5 Jet Martin supports for Peter Green & Friends - start Buxton next week!"

So now we all know that Martin will be opening five UK shows.....

The guitar I bought it's just like the one Peter and Mike Dodd are currently playing
on stage, so for me it's a real Greeny reminder...

The only big trouble is that I can't play it, call me crazy!

Mario.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Epiphone Les Paul Gold Top 1956 Reissue.jpg (23.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Congratulations to both of you.

Congratulations to you Mario for getting that new guitar - even thought you can´t play it. You are NOT crazy - just a dedicated man!
And congratulations to Martin Celmins - also a very dedicated man. I bet he is happy opening for PG again!

Imagine getting sms's from Martin Celmins!

Ms Moose
Old 02-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Congratulations to you Mario for getting that new guitar - even thought you can´t play it. You are NOT crazy - just a dedicated man!
And congratulations to Martin Celmins - also a very dedicated man. I bet he is happy opening for PG again!

Imagine getting sms's from Martin Celmins!

Ms Moose
We are good friends.....even from afar!

I do remember I rang him for the first time back in 1996 after the Splinter Group gig in Guildford......

Mario.

ps: it's time to get an Orange CR20LDX!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orange.jpg (73.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 02-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Redditch Advertiser
http://www.redditchadvertiser.co.uk/..._the_Midlands/

Founder of Fleetwood Mac Peter Green playing again in the Midlands
2:08pm Thursday 11th February 2010

By Adam Smith »

One of Britain’s greatest guitarists and Blues performers is coming to Birmingham’s intimate Glee Club for one of the gigs of the year.

Hot on the heels of his triumphant concert at The Robin at Bilston in December Peter Green and Friends return to the Midlands on Monday February 22.

As a teenager in the 1960s Peter was at the vanguard of the British Blues scene and at 19-years-old he replaced Eric Clapton in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers.

A year later he founded Fleetwood Mac and within three years they were the biggest Rock band in the world outselling the Beatles and the Stones.

Hits like Black Magic Woman, the achingly beautiful Man of the World and the million selling Albatross broke new ground and brought the band critical and commercial acclaim.

However, as well as being arguably Britain’s finest exponent of the Blues Peter also became one of our country’s first casualties to the drug taking celebrity lifestyle.

Already showing the signs of the pressure during an ill fated trip to Munich in 1970 Peter had a life-changing mind-altering night on acid and subsequently decided to quit Fleetwood Mac.

He then suffered with several mental health issues and consequently dropped out of the public eye.

Despite only a short time at the top Peter Green is still regarded as a legend in the music world with BB King and Carlos Santana lavishing praise on the Londoner.

In 1998 he was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and recently was included in the Rolling Stone 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.

And now with his new incarnation, Peter Green and Friends, he is enjoying performing before crowds again and is enjoying his music.

His set will include a few of his classic compositions and fresh renditions of his very own blues, R&B and soul favourites.

Tickets to see Peter Green and Friends at the Glee Club on Monday February 20 are £25.00 and are available from 0871 472 0400 or www.glee.co.uk.