User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I remember in an interview, Stevie said that if either of them ever ended up in a life threatening situation and was in the hospital the other would be on their way to see them. Time to find out if that's true...
The situation wasn't life threatening by the time she found out about it. That said, if Lindsey and Kristen are agreeable, it would be nice for her to go see him after this leg of the tour.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

then again, if they're really so far gone, they may choose to tell themselves he brought it all on himself -- making them fire him, having the heart issue etc. Denial and ego are a powerful combination.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

did they acknowledge Bob W in any way onstage (or otherwise) when he DIED?
I'm not holding my breath they'll say anything.... open that whole can of worms as to why the hell he's not onstage with them....

As for Stevie getting to see LB, she's gonna have to go through Kristen first, and right about now I don't see that happening anytime soon.....

If any of them have any class they'd have sent flowers. Very showbiz and a very easy way to let someone know you are thinking about them. A feud doesn't mean you have to be a cold-hearted a$$hole..... I remember Joan Rivers talking about how she and Johnny Carson never spoke after she got her own show (even though he had no intention of her ever taking over his show) but then his son died, she sent him flowers because a stupid business disagreement pales in comparison to life and death. He never acknowledged it, and never sent flowers or any acknowledgement when her husband died. Some people are just flaming d*cks. Just because FM was in a nasty lawsuit doesn't mean they couldn't have a shred of human decency left in them.....but then again, it's Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-09-2019 at 01:56 PM..
Old 02-09-2019, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I believe there is good stress and bad stress and that the physical requirements of touring with the Big Machine is distinct from the emotions involved in being kicked out of the band and feeling anger, hurt, betrayal and depression. I don’t think the ouster was a boon to his health.

I know about his history. After all, Stevie is the one who boasted she handed the phone to him when he got the news that his father died. I think his brother’s death softened estranged relations with the band and caused him to appear at the end of the BTM tour. Yes, this fear has long been lurking. This is a family health problem, but like any other physical element it can be triggered and it was.
i hope this wakes the band up. we have all been incredibly lucky he made it through. they got the second chance. i hope they take it and don't blow it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i hope this wakes the band up. we have all been incredibly lucky he made it through. they got the second chance. i hope they take it and don't blow it.
Are you hoping Lindsey rejoins Fleetwood Mac?"

"I hope THEY take it and don't blow it" (second chances)???
Old 02-09-2019, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Are you hoping Lindsey rejoins Fleetwood Mac?"
no. we don't even know whether he'll tour in any capacity ever again, even if he fully recuperates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
"I hope THEY take it and don't blow it" (second chances)???
i'm talking on a personal level. reversing their public PR trashing of him and stop minimizing what he did for the band would be a good first step.

i hope each of the 4 says something at their next show. before they launch into SHN would be an opportunity for Mick to set the tone. this is their first chance. and make it real, and make it about him, not about themselves.

then again, these people had so many wake up calls in the last few years, and they blew past all of them and did exactly the opposite from what one would expect. i still hope they make an honest try, because they obviously hurt him deeply.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-09-2019, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no. we don't even know whether he'll tour in any capacity ever again, even if he fully recuperates.

i'm talking on a personal level. reversing their public PR trashing of him and stop minimizing what he did for the band would be a good first step.

i hope each of the 4 says something at their next show. before they launch into SHN would be an opportunity for Mick to set the tone. this is their first chance. and make it real, and make it about him, not about themselves.

then again, these people had so many wake up calls in the last few years, and they blew past all of them and did exactly the opposite from what one would expect. i still hope they make an honest try, because they obviously hurt him deeply.

Is it shocking for me to think Neil could actually do it before any of the remaining 4 do it? It would be so disingenuous for them to say something yet sort of appalling if they don’t
Old 02-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
any of the remaining 4 do it? It would be so disingenuous for them to say something yet sort of appalling if they don’t
i don't think it would be disingenuous. it could go either way - depends what they feel and what they say.

the social media message their PR put out which was copy / paste signed as "the band" was disingenuous. they can do better, and i hope they do.

Old 02-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey being taken so ill, will be an end to any thought of Rumours 5
ever being together again.
What this wake up call will do is make him realise life is so so short.

Even when he recovers fully, surely he won’t want to spend time touring with a bunch of t*****s that turned their backs on him.

But time is a great healer, so who knows.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i don't think it would be disingenuous. it could go either way - depends what they feel and what they say.

the social media message their PR put out which was copy / paste signed as "the band" was disingenuous. they can do better, and i hope they do.
Fair point and and yes, very dependent on what they say. Anything along the lines of “good friend”....utterly disingenuous. The statement when they announced he was out of the band was despicable. Nothing shocks me with them any longer
Old 02-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The discussions they must be having right now..... WE KNOW Stevie doesn't want to say anything, but feels they may have to or they will look bad. It's not about actually feeling anything for LB, because the woman is a bitter old shell of herself. Her only pleasure in life now is the applause for her fans. Like an aging Hollywood actress walking around the malls to be recognized, that's what she has become.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Its a very difficult situation. If Stevie says something a few hard core Mac fans could boo her. If they don't say something it makes them look cold and uncaring (really how they are).
But lets not forget. Lindsey was thrown out of the band because one member did not like the way he stood behind her at an awards show. Stupid YES but the worst part is the rest of the band gave the green light to let her get her way.

I may be in the minority but I actually think its worse if they say something than to not say something. Their. Words. Mean. Nothing. I mean really, you are going to feel better if Stevie dedicates Landslide to him when she stated she would never be on the same stage as him again.

I am sure (or at least hope) each band member called him personally. But I would be surprised either way for them to say something. IMHO its worse if they do say something pretending to care when they treated him like discarded and replaceable trash. Its appalling they are doing his songs live now. So why would they stop now?
Old 02-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Totally DISGUSTING that they are going to playing some of his songs tonight while he lay sick in bed. They all make me sick now. I'm sure Stevie is in her glory, that's how little I think of her now.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Is it shocking for me to think Neil could actually do it before any of the remaining 4 do it? It would be so disingenuous for them to say something yet sort of appalling if they don’t
I understand what you’re saying, although it really wouldn’t surprise me. Neil seems to be a class act. That said, my money is on Christine making the first public comment.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-09-2019, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
did they acknowledge Bob W in any way onstage (or otherwise) when he DIED?
I'm not holding my breath they'll say anything.... open that whole can of worms as to why the hell he's not onstage with them....

As for Stevie getting to see LB, she's gonna have to go through Kristen first, and right about now I don't see that happening anytime soon.....

If any of them have any class they'd have sent flowers. Very showbiz and a very easy way to let someone know you are thinking about them. A feud doesn't mean you have to be a cold-hearted a$$hole..... I remember Joan Rivers talking about how she and Johnny Carson never spoke after she got her own show (even though he had no intention of her ever taking over his show) but then his son died, she sent him flowers because a stupid business disagreement pales in comparison to life and death. He never acknowledged it, and never sent flowers or any acknowledgement when her husband died. Some people are just flaming d*cks. Just because FM was in a nasty lawsuit doesn't mean they couldn't have a shred of human decency left in them.....but then again, it's Fleetwood Mac.
I think their relationship with Bob Welch when he died in 2012 was pretty much non-existent. He had not been in the band for 35 years and they had a public disagreement over Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Lindsey, while not currently involved in the band, was involved as recently as 2018. LAST YEAR. His songs feature heavily on the band's most recent release, an anthology of greatest hits, many of which are his. And he was inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and performed at the induction.

There is, believe it or not, less love lost with Lindsey than there was with Bob.

They will say something.

If they don't, I'm going to smoke a cigarette...or a cigar. And enjoy it.