The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't know where you were in the last 10 months, Sodascouts. I had 10minutes for this search and the server is reeeaaaalllllyyyy slow.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/search...earchid=702334

In particular this one, but this is just the first that I found. No offence button-lip:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...7&postcount=48

and LOL! This one is from jmn3, sure that has nothing to do with her being a woman.
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...9&postcount=27
Quote:
The Destiny Rules documentary did the woman no favors in my view - but once the Say You Will tour was long over and she went on to bash Lindsey for the album and tour, I really lost any respect I had for her. As she keeps getting older, she honestly just comes across to me as a bigger and bigger narciscistic jerk.
She has become a bitter old woman who like most narcissists, finds a way to make every single event in some way about them.
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...0&postcount=12
Quote:
DISGUSTING that Tambourine B/witch is now running the show. WTF
The list goes on and on. You can use the search function yourself for further proof. I tried "b!tch", "Goat", "disgusting Stevie", you can search "misogynist" or "sexism" to see when people got called out for their behavior earlier.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always liked Madame Nicks. She's a clumsy wordsmith but a superb rock singer whose style is all hers. I always loved the effect she created on the stage, but middle age (hers, not mine) compromised that effect for me. I think Steve Real absolutely ruined her singing voice. He ought to be caned. The damage he did to her voice is irreparable.

Firing LB was an act of cowardice and stupidity—he was the last hope they had of ever again creating something enduring. But even he has deteriorated from the glories of his youth. But everyone in the band, not just Stevie, is responsible for that move.

It's amazing how much good will as a singer-songwriter-performer Stevie has built up in me—so much so that even though she can't sing anymore, can't perform dazzlingly anymore, and apparently can't write a decent tune anymore, I still "frame" her in my mind as The Great Stevie. That'll never wane, even if it means that she forces me to live in the past.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I really don't know where you were in the last 10 months, Sodascouts. I had 10minutes for this search and the server is reeeaaaalllllyyyy slow.

In particular this one, but this is just the first that I found. No offence button-lip:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...7&postcount=48

and LOL! This one is from jmn3, sure that has nothing to do with her being a woman.
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...9&postcount=27

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...0&postcount=12

The list goes on and on. You can use the search function yourself for further proof. I tried "b!tch", "Goat", "disgusting Stevie", you can search "misogynist" or "sexism" to see when people got called out for their behavior earlier.
You didn’t need to do this research but kind of shocking what a quick search reveals. Misogyny is all over this discussion board - anyone with a brain knows it. A shame that a positive thread like this is already headed down a nasty road but people like Homer can’t help themselves. For some reason they have made this all their life. It’s an obsession that makes it impossible for others to have an enjoyable conversation.

Last edited by Buster; 12-06-2018 at 05:14 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think Steve Real absolutely ruined her singing voice.
I had to look up who this is, and found the following interview with this quote: "‘Cheaper Than Free’ may be the best song [Dave Stewart or I] ever writes."
https://americansongwriter.com/2011/...tevie-nicks/4/

I appreciate the desire to promote one's recent work, but holy smokes what a lack of perspective.

For what it's worth, I think she sings brilliantly on The Dance. That may be the end of the road for her as a truly great vocalist. Her singing on the 1998 tour is also pretty strong. By 2003, she's demonstrated a considerable decline that has only continued.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-07-2018 at 04:19 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
You didn’t need to do this research but kind of shocking what a quick search reveals. Misogyny is all over this discussion board - anyone with a brain knows it. A shame that a positive thread like this is already headed down a nasty road but people like Homer can’t help themselves. For some reason they have made this all their life. It’s an obsession that makes it impossible for others to have an enjoyable conversation.
I am NOT A MISOGYNIST, and this falls under personal attack.

Moderators?????
Old 12-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I basically just come here to see what might be new with FM and Stevie, and try to stay out of the "discussions." Things are continually hijacked and the shocking barrage of insults and innuendo directed at Stevie and Mick and other posters coming from many here should have been stopped at some point. Continually calling people whores, goats, hags, and even twats is basically wrong, in my book but not the moderators.

As for "liking" Stevie I don't know what that means, really. As a person? As a singer? As a performer? I don't know. I love a lot of her music, I am continually frustrated by her lack of recording and her penchant for faux "rock".
Old 12-06-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Where was this said?!

You present it as a common theme, repeated often by those who criticize her; I can't remember it being said - in any form - even once. I haven't even seen it "elsewhere" (assuming you mean fan groups on social media) and while I'm sure there are some who say this because misogynists exist, it is hardly "raging" whenever this is discussed.

Believe me, I wouldn't have stood for such talk.

All your other points are fair, but this one is a misrepresentation.
I believe the "If she had just had children she probably wouldn't be such a bitter hag" comments a couple of people made fall into this bucket. As if anyone would have made this statement about any of the men in the band if they had chosen to forgo parenthood.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 12-06-2018 at 06:13 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Things are continually hijacked and the shocking barrage of insults and innuendo directed at Stevie and Mick and other posters coming from many here should have been stopped at some point.
With all due respect to this perfectly understandable point of view, I strongly disagree, and urge moderators not to intervene.

I always try to put across my point of view respectfully but disagreement, combativeness, and–short of cursing–even crass language from others are just fine with me.

I generally don't like to see conversation stopped or censored, and certainly not because people are trashing rock stars who will never even read the comment at issue.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-06-2018 at 06:46 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I am NOT A MISOGYNIST, and this falls under personal attack.

Moderators?????
Buster is OBSESSED with accusing people of misogyny. Buster, just because we don't like Goat Breath as she let the last chance for a final FM album go, and then fired Lindsey Buckingham, doesn't mean we don't respect women. We don't respect goat breath or Mick money grubbing Fleetwood.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Buster is OBSESSED with accusing people of misogyny. Buster, just because we don't like Goat Breath as she let the last chance for a final FM album go, and then fired Lindsey Buckingham, doesn't mean we don't respect women. We don't respect goat breath or Mick money grubbing Fleetwood.
Yet he's? continually allowed to keep calling us that, over and over.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Since we're discussing it---

I for one would like to see the end of all this goat bashing.

What have goats and their breath ever done to you, secondhandchain and David "Homer" McVie?

Call her by the name she deserves--"Stevie." (shudders)
Old 12-06-2018, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I for one would like to see the end of all this goat bashing.

What have goats and their breath ever done to you, secondhandchain and David "Homer" McVie?

Call her by the name she deserves--"Stevie." (shudders)
Exactly. Old Goat Breath.

You do understand that we're allowed to talk about the band, even make fun of them if we like? But name calling Ledge members is forbidden. You understand the difference, right? RULES ARE RULES.

If you don't like $tevie being called Old Goat Breath... well, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going to apologize to you or Old Goat Breath, because I'm within the rules of this board. Have a good evening, Joe.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly. Old Goat Breath.

You do understand that we're allowed to talk about the band, even make fun of them if we like? But name calling Ledge members is forbidden. You understand the difference, right? RULES ARE RULES.

If you don't like $tevie being called Old Goat Breath... well, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going to apologize to you or Old Goat Breath, because I'm within the rules of this board. Have a good evening, Joe.
You've missed my point. Re-read my post.

#goats_are_innocent
Old 12-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
You've missed my point. Re-read my post.

#goats_are_innocent
But that's the farm animal $he most resembles. Sorry.

#factsisfacts
Old 12-06-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I answered in the other thread about my excitement for her as an artist had left the building. I do still really love the Stevie of yesteryear from joining the band through to about the Wild Heart and then (mostly in hindsight) high points such as the early 90's killer vocals, late 90's Dance and Enchanted and parts of In Your Dreams and 24 K. Since then though- total meh. Her recent vocals and refusal to record have taken her off the pedestal I so proudly kept her on all these years. I agree with what many have said the refusal to record boils down to the insecurity around her lost gifts in the lyric and melody dept. although as far back as Tusk I remember a ridiculous statement she made that if the album didn't sell she'd be disappointed in all of us, including those who shelled out what was then a lot of money. Truth be told, she needs to call it a day when this tour ends.