User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-27-2019, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
what the hell.....?? that cape is GHASTLY. Dead baby heads on the shoulders and down on the bottom trim..??

although it shows her exactly where she loves to be --- in the center of attention. She won't go quietly from that.
She was backstage at the Met Opera and was wearing one of the costumes from a cast member.

Anyway, it was just announced that Stevie will be on the Ellen show on dec 4, she has no reason to be there unless she will make some kind of announcement.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 11-27-2019, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
She was backstage at the Met Opera and was wearing one of the costumes from a cast member.

Anyway, it was just announced that Stevie will be on the Ellen show on dec 4, she has no reason to be there unless she will make some kind of announcement.
Like what? She said she’s not the boss in FM, so she can’t make any announcement regarding the band.
Probably something about her solo tour, or she was invited to talk about her recent happiness now that Lindsey’s not there anymore.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
or she was invited to talk about her recent happiness now that Lindsey’s not there anymore.
Probably so ..since Lindsey and Ellen shared a girlfriend that might Ellen sympathetic to some LB bashing.

Old 11-28-2019, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She's doing a show on January 17 at a golf tournament

https://www.desertsun.com/story/spor...nt/4273006002/

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-29-2019, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And on Dec. 5th she'll be on Jimmy Kimmel performing with Sheryl Crow, so something's in the works.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
And on Dec. 5th she'll be on Jimmy Kimmel performing with Sheryl Crow, so something's in the works.
I agree. When she was on Ellen with Rod Stewart is when she officially announced that tour. I think the odds are really good for a Stevie/Sheryl joint tour announcement!

He Will Burn You Down
Old 11-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I agree. When she was on Ellen with Rod Stewart is when she officially announced that tour. I think the odds are really good for a Stevie/Sheryl joint tour announcement!
Yuck, let's hope it is a brief tour. Not a fan of Sheryl at all.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
looks like i will skip seeing Sheryl live this year. unless she opens for Brandi Carlile instead of SN somewhere close to me.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-30-2019, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Like the previous post, I’m betting on a Stevie Nicks tour with Sheryl Crow as the opener (a la Stevie/Pretenders) to begin as early as May of 2020 and continue throughout the summer. Although Stevie last played arenas, I’m wondering if they’ll hit the outdoor sheds like other dinosaur acts (Heart, Journey, Bob Seger). The Pretenders are opening for Journey next summer playing the sheds. Sheryl has a new duets album out and needs to hit the road to fill her retirement kitty.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
The Pretenders are opening for Journey next summer playing the sheds.
The Pretenders on a bill with Journey? These are obviously the end times.

(You could characterize the Pretenders and their extraordinary legacy as being a sustained critique of everything that Journey ever represented and undoubtedly still represents.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-17-2019, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The Pretenders on a bill with Journey? These are obviously the end times.

(You could characterize the Pretenders and their extraordinary legacy as being a sustained critique of everything that Journey ever represented and undoubtedly still represents.)
Abominable..who is Journey's lead singer these days ? Still the dwarf karaoke singer from Manila ?

Old 12-20-2019, 06:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Abominable..who is Journey's lead singer these days ? Still the dwarf karaoke singer from Manila ?
I was never a Journey fan but last year I watched a high def full youtube video of their concert and was blown away. The band blew everyone out of their seats and yes the guy from Manila still is the lead vocal and does an amazing job.
They come to rock.

On another note. The Pretenders are great but fit better as an opening band for Journey than Stevie Nicks
Old 12-20-2019, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw Journey in Oct, at their residency in Vegas. A number of the group that we were with were very....."meh..." about seeing them. I was super excited and I've seen them on their tours.

Every single person was completely stunned at the quality and professionalism that they displayed. And although Arnel is not Steve Perry, he is every bit as good vocally.

It was really fun, high energy and we all sang Journey songs all the way back to the hotel.
Old 12-20-2019, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, sure, Stone in Love is on my playlist, too. (I concede its value as a workout tool.) But while Journey was churning out empty, fist-pumping pseudo-cocky sing-along anthems and schmaltzy ballads that could have been written by record label execs, Chrissie Hynde and James Honeyman-Scott and Pete Farndon and Martin Chambers were making rock history on their first two albums, kicking the living daylights out of all the bland corporate crap that monopolized the airwaves in 1980. I know many years have passed—and the loser now will be later to win, in Dylan’s great words—but it’s still weird to see the Pretenders tour with Journey. What hath time wrought? Is John Lydon going to go out on the road with Air Supply? Public Enemy and Bruno Mars—an idiotic publicist’s dream?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-20-2019, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Well, sure, Stone in Love is on my playlist, too. (I concede its value as a workout tool.) But while Journey was churning out empty, fist-pumping pseudo-cocky sing-along anthems and schmaltzy ballads that could have been written by record label execs, Chrissie Hynde and James Honeyman-Scott and Pete Farndon and Martin Chambers were making rock history on their first two albums, kicking the living daylights out of all the bland corporate crap that monopolized the airwaves in 1980. I know many years have passed—and the loser now will be later to win, in Dylan’s great words—but it’s still weird to see the Pretenders tour with Journey. What hath time wrought? Is John Lydon going to go out on the road with Air Supply? Public Enemy and Bruno Mars—an idiotic publicist’s dream?
Journey's worst song played backwards is still better than anything on Rock A Little