The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-29-2019, 08:50 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,139
Default Get Tusked

I did a quick search to see if anyone posted about this. Apologies if I missed it.
I'll delete this if there's a thread already. This is just one of the links I saw for the book.



https://www.target.com/p/get-tusked-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 05-29-2019, 09:07 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,455
Default

I wonder how many copies get sold of this stuff. I mean, we're die hards, and buy it, but will 10K people do that? It's difficult to imagine that it would be worth publishing to only sell 1K copies.

I googled CAH's Storms, for copies sold, and couldn't find an answer...
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-29-2019, 11:05 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I wonder how many copies get sold of this stuff. I mean, we're die hards, and buy it, but will 10K people do that? It's difficult to imagine that it would be worth publishing to only sell 1K copies.

I googled CAH's Storms, for copies sold, and couldn't find an answer...
Depends on marketing budget and distribution.
We shall see. Only 5 more months. haha
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-29-2019, 01:40 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,073
Default

while I'm sure Ken would love to rake in beaucoup bucks from his book(s), one has to also consider that maybe he also wants to document things for the "historical record" as it were. Like other people in the band or whomever may go on to write their own books which will reflect their own perspectives and biases, or... maybe none of the band will and it'll all be lost once everyone involved is gone, so he wants to put his version of the story out there. I also think based on stuff he's said in various interviews etc that he kinda feels a bit slighted by Lindsey, that he (and maybe to some extent Richard also) don't get their fair dues in regards to what they contributed to these FM albums-- what ideas they contributed etc and all credit tends to go automatically to LB (e.g., Richard saying the band didn't really see the potential of Dreams but he did and pushed in his way to get them to give it a go; and Ken saying it was his idea to do the pre-chorus on Dreams (stillness....lonely....heartbeat....etc). People want their contributions recognized
So maybe his goal in getting a book out goes beyond just the NYT best seller list or lots of royalties.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-29-2019, 08:19 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
while I'm sure Ken would love to rake in beaucoup bucks from his book(s), one has to also consider that maybe he also wants to document things for the "historical record" as it were. Like other people in the band or whomever may go on to write their own books which will reflect their own perspectives and biases, or... maybe none of the band will and it'll all be lost once everyone involved is gone, so he wants to put his version of the story out there. I also think based on stuff he's said in various interviews etc that he kinda feels a bit slighted by Lindsey, that he (and maybe to some extent Richard also) don't get their fair dues in regards to what they contributed to these FM albums-- what ideas they contributed etc and all credit tends to go automatically to LB (e.g., Richard saying the band didn't really see the potential of Dreams but he did and pushed in his way to get them to give it a go; and Ken saying it was his idea to do the pre-chorus on Dreams (stillness....lonely....heartbeat....etc). People want their contributions recognized
So maybe his goal in getting a book out goes beyond just the NYT best seller list or lots of royalties.
yes, because Caillat and Dashut actually got both the producer credit and royalties that go with that, in addition to accolades. unlike Lindsey who got no credit and no money for producing those albums with them.

he definitely seems to have some bones he wants to pick with Lindsey, that's been pretty obvious for a while now.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-29-2019, 08:38 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, because Caillat and Dashut actually got both the producer credit and royalties that go with that, in addition to accolades. unlike Lindsey who got no credit and no money for producing those albums with them.
Good news elle. On my original copy of Tusk from 1979 it says: Produced by Lindsey Buckingham with Richard Dashut & Ken Calliet. And somewhere in it's liner notes it says: Special thanks from the Band to Lindsey Buckingham.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Billy Burnette Vintage 80's Pin Pinback Badge Rockabilly
$22.5
Billy Burnette Vintage 80's Pin Pinback Badge Rockabilly picture1980 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette during a performance - hcp33944
$19.88
1980 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette during a performance - hcp33944 picture1992 Press Photo Singer Billy Burnette - hcp33942
$19.88
1992 Press Photo Singer Billy Burnette - hcp33942 picture1980 Press Photo Pop singer Billy Burnette - hcp33946
$19.88
1980 Press Photo Pop singer Billy Burnette - hcp33946 picture1986 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette - hcp33945
$19.88
1986 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette - hcp33945 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved