The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Has Stevie’s behavior killed the Ledge?

People don’t post here like they used to and I noticed that it really started going downhill when she refused to be on a new Fleetwood Mac album. After she got Lindsey fired, it seems like hardly anyone posts. To me, she has basically destroyed the legacy of Fleetwood Mac and has almost killed the Ledge. That may be her legacy.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It is not Stevie, it is the quality of the posts here. The board has been really really ugly since the firing and many people have been trolled away. Plus who wants to log on and read the same sh!t over and over about how evil she is and how precious a victim Lindsey is? Every hour of every day for over a year?
Old 04-12-2019, 07:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
It is not Stevie, it is the quality of the posts here. The board has been really really ugly since the firing and many people have been trolled away. Plus who wants to log on and read the same sh!t over and over about how evil she is and how precious a victim Lindsey is? Every hour of every day for over a year?
Yep......
Old 04-12-2019, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ditto!
Old 04-12-2019, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
People don’t post here like they used to and I noticed that it really started going downhill when she refused to be on a new Fleetwood Mac album. After she got Lindsey fired, it seems like hardly anyone posts. To me, she has basically destroyed the legacy of Fleetwood Mac and has almost killed the Ledge. That may be her legacy.
No, but the behavior of people on the Ledge has killed the Ledge.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
Indeed.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Or here's a novel thought....there's nothing new left to discuss

It's always easy to pile on and put the blame on other factors.

Where's your initiative in starting up interesting threads of discussion?
Old 04-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some of you seem to forget that Lindsey is a father, husband Uncle etc and didn't deserve to be treated the way he was. How would you feel if someone slandered you and made baseless allegations about you and then on top of that the public comes after you as well with their own senseless attacks. I don't know anyone who has EVER said Lindsey was a saint. We are all aware of his past but as I have said before Stevie Nicks is not Mother Theresa herself and those that keep defending her like she is the victim need to stop. I am aware that people do complain allot about the firing etc but can you blame them? Every time you turn around the Band does another pathetic interview and attacks him again. People have a right to be angry and express themselves. The band hasn't done anything new or groundbreaking in a long time so what else is there to discuss if not the firing or the current stale set list. If you don't like the comments then move on. Why get all upset.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Nope. People are turned off by the bitterness of the Lindsey cult. I am. They're everywhere whining, moaning and attacking Stevie. It's boring as hell. Destroyed the legacy? Oh, criminy. Drama much?
Old 04-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Amen. It's disgusting.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Or here's a novel thought....there's nothing new left to discuss

It's always easy to pile on and put the blame on other factors.

Where's your initiative in starting up interesting threads of discussion?
I tried that a few weeks ago. I posted about Stevie's videos getting uploaded to Youtube and the reply i got was "I hope she trip. Ingrate."

That instance might be indicative why this isn't such a fun place to discuss this stuff sometimes

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 04-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Some of you seem to forget that Lindsey is a father, husband Uncle etc and didn't deserve to be treated the way he was. How would you feel if someone slandered you and made baseless allegations about you and then on top of that the public comes after you as well with their own senseless attacks. I don't know anyone who has EVER said Lindsey was a saint. We are all aware of his past but as I have said before Stevie Nicks is not Mother Theresa herself and those that keep defending her like she is the victim need to stop. I am aware that people do complain allot about the firing etc but can you blame them? Every time you turn around the Band does another pathetic interview and attacks him again. People have a right to be angry and express themselves. The band hasn't done anything new or groundbreaking in a long time so what else is there to discuss if not the firing or the current stale set list. If you don't like the comments then move on. Why get all upset.
What utter baloney, who is saying Stevie is a victim?!

And thanks for proving my point with your post.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
I tried that a few weeks ago. I posted about Stevie's videos getting uploaded to Youtube and the reply i got was "I hope she trip. Ingrate."

That instance might be indicative why this isn't such a fun place to discuss this stuff sometimes
An excellent case in point. Anything anyone does gets sabotaged by a troll brigade.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
Yes, and it started way before Lindsey got fired. The nasty misogyny of some Ledgies had me avoiding the Ledge for some time. With Lindsey’s firing, that ratcheted up 1000x and there is no room for any thoughtful discussion. You either hate Stevie and the current iteration of the band or you were never a true FM fan.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you don't like the comments then move on.
A lot of us have done precisely that. Don’t run everyone off and then bellyache about how no one comes to the Ledge anymore (which is exactly what the OP is doing).