User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking SOTM - Live video version

Sesly, I am listening to this...and I get chills during the part when those lights come on and BAM, the audience goes into MANIC MODE!!!!!!

Dammit, why was I born in 1976 instead of like, 1956 or something! LOL To be there during the Tusk and Mirage tours, when the audiences went crazy instead of today...sitting on their duffs, arms crossed, half dead.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hear ya. Those were the days!!! (so I've heard...)
But not everyone sits there half dead these days......I know one person who doesn't at least!

~*~Becky~*~
Old 01-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb No, not everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInTheWind
But not everyone sits there half dead these days
No, not everyone, but a majority of the crowd are more concerned about beer and food, bathrooms and smoke breaks. Pfftt.

That's why I am a spoiled brat now concerning being in the first few rows at any concert I go to these days. If you sit far back, you are mostly with the "I'm only here because there was nothing good on TV" crowd.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
That's why I am a spoiled brat now concerning being in the first few rows at any concert I go to these days. If you sit far back, you are mostly with the "I'm only here because there was nothing good on TV" crowd.
LOl was in the back for Oklahoma City, LOL! Yes that was basically the crowd! Although there was this one girl twirling around during Rhiannon that she trew her beer and in got all over me! Damn that happed at the Van Halen concert I was at a couple months ago as well! JEBUS!
lol
Old 01-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes it's totally different when you are in the first few rows. Alot more fun!!!
When you sit further back, the people usually suck. And how can anyone go and get beer in the middle of a FM concert! I can't take my eyes off the stage for a second.
~*~becky~*~
Old 01-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

that's one of the reasons that i promised myself when i saw them in Oakland 2003, that if i ever saw them again, I would be in the front row. I couldn't believe the people around me just sitting there. Though i guess when you're far back, maybe it's not as exciting? But i was dancing my bun off, anyway, and was kinda pissed at the other poeple.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 01-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The worst are the ones that tell you to sit down. This is a concert, if you want to sit on your a$$ and watch go buy the DVD!!!!

~*~Becky~*~
Old 01-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The ones at the front I think in general are bigger fans, ie: thats why they are willing to pay more.

Tynan
Old 01-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Sesly, I am listening to this...and I get chills during the part when those lights come on and BAM, the audience goes into MANIC MODE!!!!!!
This is one of my favorite FM video moments, EVER. I get goose bumps just thinking about that part. In my head I can see John wearing his cool white pantsuit, getting all into it.

And kudos to Curry Grant for the cool lighting, I suppose.

Years ago I used to save up to rent the tape from the 'newly opened' video store, and then for the days that I had it, I'd rewind that song SO many times, just to watch that part. It's like it captures one of those 'instant sparks' between the band and the audience, like what john always talks about.... watta rush, to have been up onstage and get that kind of response. I used to hate to bring that tape back..... I contemplated telling them I lost it just so I could keep it. I was too scared of my mother to actually do that though!

-Lis
Old 01-09-2005, 01:53 AM
joe

Quote:
[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Sesly, I am listening to this...and I get chills during the part when those lights come on and BAM, the audience goes into MANIC MODE!!!!!!

which video are we talking about? Tusk tour doc or Mirage? If i recall the lights come on in both performances. However, i do recall a shot of the audience in the tusk doc literally getting on their feet. Is this the one you're talking about? If so, that's a great shot. Still keeping my fingers crossed and hopes up that the entire concert will surface one of these years. I think i could die happy if i saw the entire "sara".

The one thing, though, about the Tusk doc live performances that gets me is the added audience applause. It's so blatant and noticable especially when you hear the same loop throughout the whole thing. Did they NEED to do that? They tried to make it a la "beatles on ed sullivan" you know?

Has anyone noticed that someone in this audience loop is saying "FLEETWOOD!" and you hear that during every song? I swear. Go back and watch it. I can't tell you what points it's at but it's there.

Last edited by joe; 01-09-2005 at 02:00 AM..
Old 01-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is one of the best moments, EVER!

The part that I like is when Stevie thrusts her hand into the air and the audience jumps up. Chills. Everytime.

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 01-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
which video are we talking about? Tusk tour doc or Mirage? If i recall the lights come on in both performances. However, i do recall a shot of the audience in the tusk doc literally getting on their feet. Is this the one you're talking about? If so, that's a great shot. Still keeping my fingers crossed and hopes up that the entire concert will surface one of these years. I think i could die happy if i saw the entire "sara".

The one thing, though, about the Tusk doc live performances that gets me is the added audience applause. It's so blatant and noticable especially when you hear the same loop throughout the whole thing. Did they NEED to do that? They tried to make it a la "beatles on ed sullivan" you know?

Has anyone noticed that someone in this audience loop is saying "FLEETWOOD!" and you hear that during every song? I swear. Go back and watch it. I can't tell you what points it's at but it's there.

I wish I had the original Tusk Doc. I have the copied LaserDisk version that cuts SOTM. I guess I have to go shopping on eBay.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:05 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I wish I had the original Tusk Doc. I have the copied LaserDisk version that cuts SOTM. I guess I have to go shopping on eBay.

yeah, you can find a copy of it floating around. check out brian's(estrangedforlife) page. i'm sure he's got it.

why does your copy cut SOTM? that's odd.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
yeah, you can find a copy of it floating around. check out brian's(estrangedforlife) page. i'm sure he's got it.

why does your copy cut SOTM? that's odd.

The LaserDisk just doesn't have it on there for some, odd reason. I'm in no hurry to buy the VHS of it since the rest of the Doc is included.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInTheWind
The worst are the ones that tell you to sit down. This is a concert, if you want to sit on your a$$ and watch go buy the DVD!!!!

~*~Becky~*~
Funny you should say that. I was listening to a Talking Heads bootleg this morning, and I heard a rather funny argument on the tape between people who were yelling at people to sit down, and people who were yelling at them to stand back up. And they were stoned too

I hate that though.