User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2020, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I love when they ask about the letter Steve he supposedly wrote and Brett answered with one word. No.

That just made me laugh and laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It really cracked me up. And to everyone reading it, it's funny. Why? because she's such a liar.

One word answer was amazing!
she's doubling down on the note(s) apparently in some NME interview that came out at the same time as Brett's RS article -

Stevie Nicks says Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey Buckingham “haven’t had any communication” since his heart attack
"You know, it lasted 43 years, so we had a really, really good run"

By
Sam Moore
15th October 2020
Fleetwood Mac
Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, and John McVie of Fleetwood Mac arrive at the 60th Annual GRAMMY Awards on January 26, 2018 in New York City. (Picture: Steve Granitz/Getty Images)

Stevie Nicks has revealed that she and her Fleetwood Mac bandmates “haven’t had any communication” with Lindsey Buckingham since they last exchanged letters following his 2019 heart attack.

Buckingham, who was fired from the band in April 2018, required open heart surgery in February 2019 after experiencing chest pains.

Nicks revealed last month that she sent Buckingham a letter following his health scare, urging him to “take care of yourself… and get your voice back and feel the grace that you have made it through this”.

Speaking to NME in a new interview, Nicks said that Buckingham’s heart attack “was serious” and that she and her Fleetwood Mac bandmates “wrote to him and told him that he’d better get well”.

“Being an ex-girlfriend, I wrote more than that. I said: ‘You’d better stay well and you’d take care of yourself’. The same old thing, right?

“But we haven’t had any communication [since the letter]”, she added. “It’s OK. If it’s ever meant to happen, it will. If we’re meant to communicate ever again, we will. It’s not happening right now.”

Asked if Buckingham had acknowledged the letter they sent, Nicks said that he “wrote a kind of group letter to us all” in return.

“None of us have had any communication with him since,” she said, adding: “You know, it lasted 43 years, so we had a really, really good run.”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/stevi...P7zbioG6AgfOsY

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-15-2020, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do not like the term “redemption” for Lindsey. He did nothing to be forgiven for.

If Brett had allowed me to write the email, it would’ve stated “I hope one day there will be some vindication for Lindsey.”
Old 10-15-2020, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Giving her the benefit of the doubt - How do we know this letter didn't end up in the same ditch as all those uncounted mail-in ballots?

Old 10-15-2020, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I respect Brett for the way he has always been supportive of Lindsey and his solo work. I recall though that when Lindsey was first a good friend of mine who was in the know with FM gossip was saying on social media that their sources had been saying that Brett spoke up and defended Lindsey and that was why he was also fired. Wonder if there is any truth to that?

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 10-15-2020 at 09:23 PM..
Old 10-15-2020, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So what if Bret did speak up -it doesn’t excuse or change anything. Good for Brett for perhaps being one of the few adults in the room.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
she's doubling down on the note(s) apparently in some NME interview that came out at the same time as Brett's RS article -

Stevie Nicks says Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey Buckingham “haven’t had any communication” since his heart attack
"You know, it lasted 43 years, so we had a really, really good run"

By
Sam Moore
15th October 2020
Fleetwood Mac
Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, and John McVie of Fleetwood Mac arrive at the 60th Annual GRAMMY Awards on January 26, 2018 in New York City. (Picture: Steve Granitz/Getty Images)

Stevie Nicks has revealed that she and her Fleetwood Mac bandmates “haven’t had any communication” with Lindsey Buckingham since they last exchanged letters following his 2019 heart attack.

Buckingham, who was fired from the band in April 2018, required open heart surgery in February 2019 after experiencing chest pains.

Nicks revealed last month that she sent Buckingham a letter following his health scare, urging him to “take care of yourself… and get your voice back and feel the grace that you have made it through this”.

Speaking to NME in a new interview, Nicks said that Buckingham’s heart attack “was serious” and that she and her Fleetwood Mac bandmates “wrote to him and told him that he’d better get well”.

“Being an ex-girlfriend, I wrote more than that. I said: ‘You’d better stay well and you’d take care of yourself’. The same old thing, right?

“But we haven’t had any communication [since the letter]”, she added. “It’s OK. If it’s ever meant to happen, it will. If we’re meant to communicate ever again, we will. It’s not happening right now.”

Asked if Buckingham had acknowledged the letter they sent, Nicks said that he “wrote a kind of group letter to us all” in return.

“None of us have had any communication with him since,” she said, adding: “You know, it lasted 43 years, so we had a really, really good run.”

[url]https://www.nme.com/news/music/stevie-nicks-fleetwood-mac-lindsey-buckingham-havent-had-any-communication-since-his-heart-attack-2785964?fbclid=IwAR1EkG2Q7lU3grr0UnL46yyCNyj9hj5RZIKs8_4XFIoVsP7zbioG6Agfurl]
"Being an ex-girlfriend, I wrote more than that....." She's truly batty. Would the group letter be the incessant emails he sent to you after you fired him, that you all ignored. Is the letter you alll sent that heartfelt instagram post after you found out about his surgery...After all he's your ex-boyfriend Stevie. I am sure you were the first phone call once he got out of the OR.
She talks about being "divorced" from him, because her dead parents told her it was time. Umm--never married to him Stevie. Honestly, living with someone for 6 years when you are 25 isn't like being married.
Mentions being his ex girlfriend....from practically 50 years ago. I think the tides turned when Chris returned because there was no sexual tension between them. There was likely "work tension" but overall, Just a respect for the music and each other (which is why Christine is as shameful as Stevie in all of this) Stevie just comes across as bitter. She dumped him--almost 50 years ago, he moved on to a happy personal life and she can't get over that.
I thought it was mean when he said it in the interview, and I was disappointed he went there, but I think LB is right, she's jealous of his life.

Last edited by Storms123; 10-15-2020 at 09:25 PM..
Old 10-15-2020, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s pretty hilarious to hear about somebody so off their effing rocker that they’re firing touring musicians over having the audacity to work with other members of the band on separate tours.

Brett is out there trying to make a living and they put him out to pasture too!?

And then replace him with Ricky Peterson who was on Stevie’s band? Talk about a double standard and total hypocrisy.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
It’s pretty hilarious to hear about somebody so off their effing rocker that they’re firing touring musicians over having the audacity to work with other members of the band on separate tours.

Brett is out there trying to make a living and they put him out to pasture too!?

And then replace him with Ricky Peterson who was on Stevie’s band? Talk about a double standard and total hypocrisy.
LOL--She's not the boss of FM. HA
Old 10-15-2020, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Power hungry cancer of the band is more like it. What a small, terrible human being.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Power hungry cancer of the band is more like it. What a small, terrible human being.
$he's the worst thing that ever happened to the band. $he's turned into a bitter old manipulative hag.

I'd love for her to read Brett's article. $he would just dismiss it as lies, though. I'm sure $he believes that $he's a saint.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The people at Rolling Stone know she’s a liar, even if no one else does.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$he's the worst thing that ever happened to the band. $he's turned into a bitter old manipulative hag.

I'd love for her to read Brett's article. $he would just dismiss it as lies, though. I'm sure $he believes that $he's a saint.
As we type, Karen is running around LA gobbling up all copies of RS, all the while, one of Stevie's fairy god-bank account draining dependents are deleting all apps on her phone, that she only keeps so she can do bathroom selfies at 3am.
Brett Tuggle who Stevie?
Brett is now my favorite member of FM EVER!!
Old 10-15-2020, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was kinda like a marriage people. Lindsey would not deny that.

Deep dense, baby.

I don’t think the term divorce was wacky.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How is that hypocritical?

Yeah, it stinks Brett got fired, but he was uneasy about what happened and played defense for Lindsey after they had already started working with Neil and Mike. So, Brett got fired from something he didn’t truly believe in anyway.

Mick already knew Ricky and would jam with him at the bar when Ricky was on vacation. Since the tour, Ricky was part of the house band at the Peter Green tribute and played on the new version of “These Strange Times.” Yeah, he was in Stevie’s band, but bringing him in seems totally Mick driven.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-15-2020, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The people at Rolling Stone know she’s a liar, even if no one else does.
I think that's why the magazine went after Brett. The media has been trying to get to the truth since the firing. While the whole 1st part of the article is interesting, they went for the kill at the end with all the difficult questions that everyone's been dying to know, and Brett didn't disappoint. I do feel that he tried to be neutral with his answers, but the facts are the facts.