User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
just in case some don't know, this isn't the video that went viral, this is Mick's attempt to cash in on it for some attention for himself.

Here's the original: https://www.yoursun.com/dreams-tik-t...488b6bc02.html (lip-synching here is just as bad)
For me, Mick’s video appeared all over my time line this weekend. I saw it more places than I saw the original two weeks ago.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

GMA just did a segment on the video Dreams craze. They showed the Paris rehearsal of Dreams back in 1977, saying the song was popular again because of the viral video of the man riding a skateboard drinking Cranberry juice. They showed that video and then said Mick did it one better and showed his video doing the same thing. I thought it was nice it got picked up by the news.

I've been seeing it all over the internet, but really hadn't paid much attention to it. I didn't realize just how popular it was.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-06-2020, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Do we know if back on Billboard Top 100?
Old 10-07-2020, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
just in case some don't know, this isn't the video that went viral, this is Mick's attempt to cash in on it for some attention for himself.

Here's the original: https://www.yoursun.com/dreams-tik-t...488b6bc02.html (lip-synching here is just as bad)
Yes thank you for pointing it out cause I did not know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
For me, Mick’s video appeared all over my time line this weekend. I saw it more places than I saw the original two weeks ago.
That would have severely irritated me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
GMA just did a segment on the video Dreams craze. They showed the Paris rehearsal of Dreams back in 1977, saying the song was popular again because of the viral video of the man riding a skateboard drinking Cranberry juice. They showed that video and then said Mick did it one better and showed his video doing the same thing. I thought it was nice it got picked up by the news.

I've been seeing it all over the internet, but really hadn't paid much attention to it. I didn't realize just how popular it was.
Both videos are so boring. The only thing that saves them is the song. But the man drinking the cran juice is such a boring video that I cannot imagine people being so bored as to make that go viral.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don’t understand it. I need someone to explain to me why it is good.
My thoughts exactly. Mystifying.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

That would have severely irritated me.

It’s funny, because I don’t follow Fleetwood Mac fans. So it wasn’t them that posted the video. It was people from politics and television and the technology world. For instance, I like the actor Joshua Jackson and he posted Mick’s video.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Did everyone see the generosity for this guy? Someone bought him a new truck plus the 10K that was raised for him, he bought his parents a car with it. Good for him. I saw his interview and he is such a positive guy....true spirit. It seems the video captured his personality perfectly.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Did everyone see the generosity for this guy? Someone bought him a new truck plus the 10K that was raised for him, he bought his parents a car with it. Good for him. I saw his interview and he is such a positive guy....true spirit. It seems the video captured his personality perfectly.
It was the CEO from Ocean Spray. Their sales have went way up too just likeFleetwood Mac’s so he bought him a truck full of Ocean Spray.

Last edited by Jondalar; 10-08-2020 at 03:31 AM..
Old 10-08-2020, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Following the rise of the video’s popularity, the classic 1977 Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 hit garnered 8.47 million on-demand streams in the U.S. in the week ending Oct. 1, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data. That sum is up 125% compared to the previous week (3.76 million).

Previously, "Dreams'" best streaming week came in the week ending Sept. 10, with 3.83 million clicks.

“Dreams” also sold 7,000 downloads in the U.S. in the week ending Oct. 1 (up 584%) – its best sales week since the week ending July 24, 2011, when it sold 9,000.

“Dreams” makes moves on the Billboard charts (dated Oct. 10), too, as it re-enters at a new peak of No. 8 on the Hot Rock & Alternative Songs chart, climbs 19-1 on Rock Digital Song Sales, and rises 7-3 on Rock Streaming Songs. (Billboard's charts dated Oct. 10 will refresh to Billboard's websites on Oct. 6.)

The cut also impressively enters at No. 36 on the all-genre Streaming Songs chart, a list which is normally crowded with current hip-hop and pop tracks.

On the Billboard Global 200 chart, which ranks the most popular songs around the world, “Dreams” debuts at No. 51. On the Billboard Global 200 Excl. U.S. tally, it bows at No. 161.

Rumours also surges up Billboard’s lists, as it rebounds 47-27 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, marking the first time it’s been in the top 40 since early 2013. The set earned 19,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Oct. 1 (up 56%). The album also inches up 33-29 on the Album Sales chart with 4,000 copies sold (up 45%).

“Dreams” is also featured on the band’s Greatest Hits album, which jumps 169-103 on the Billboard 200 (9,000 units; up 35%) and moves 50-46 on Album Sales (3,000 sold; up 45%).

And finally, the new album The Alternate Rumours – released Sept. 26 exclusively on vinyl the latest Record Store Day Drop – enters the Billboard 200 at No. 165 (7,000 units – all from album sales). It also debuts at No. 12 on Album Sales and No. 6 on Vinyl Albums. The release presents an alternate view of the classic album, with different takes of the album’s tracklist subbing in for the original album versions.

(Editor's note: "Dreams" re-enters at No. 8 on Hot Rock & Alternative

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...-tiktok-video/
Old 10-08-2020, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So where is Stevie’s version...

She can lip sync as good the rest.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dreams is still #1. It is also #9 because it is being downloaded from a different album. They need to give that man some money.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
So where is Stevie’s version...

She can lip sync as good the rest.
it's weird she hasn't made any comment whatsoever.

Any of the younger stars would have made some sort of acknowledgement via their social media.

I guess since this guy is just an average Joe, he's not worthy of her attention. Her team has to know the impact of this video. Now, if a FAMOUS person had done this video (say, Harry Styles or one of the Haim girls etc) she'd be all over it. She really is a snob.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What is this Alternate Rumours thingy? Do I need to get that?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-08-2020, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i dislike Dreams
I don’t like you anymore!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-08-2020, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's weird she hasn't made any comment whatsoever.

Any of the younger stars would have made some sort of acknowledgement via their social media.

I guess since this guy is just an average Joe, he's not worthy of her attention. Her team has to know the impact of this video. Now, if a FAMOUS person had done this video (say, Harry Styles or one of the Haim girls etc) she'd be all over it. She really is a snob.
I am sure she has no idea. Karen probably hasn't told her yet.