Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well, more backingvocals could have caused less focus on the instrumental improvising. I really love the fact that they leave the singing to Stevie this time. She doesn't just sing the song here. She's telling the story as if she's coming to terms with it at the moment she performs it. It's gorgeous to the absolute max.
You're right.. I've listened to it again and again.... I miss the days of improv'd music with these guys...

It never really died... swallow all your pride...
Old 11-06-2015, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You're right.. I've listened to it again and again.... I miss the days of improv'd music with these guys...

It never really died... swallow all your pride...
You know? Normally she irritates the **** out of me when she changes lyrics (Normally to lesser poetics). But the different colors, phrasing, lyrics and tones in this one are giddimn spot on here.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While commuting to work this morning I discovered that it's on Spotify as well. Have listened to it only headphones a couple of times the train. Tonight I played it a couple times on my Sonos. Somehow it sounds a bit distorted, but still gorgeous. Played it back to back with the known Sara of the live-album and there she sounds a bit more tired or something, her voice is different, arrangements similar but different as well. Looking forward to the rest of the live stuff ...
Old 11-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Why is there six I Know I'm Not Wrongs? Do we really need six of those? Wait, there's the regular album version and the alternate album version, so eight. Do we really need eight I Know I'm Not Wrongs?
Because Papa was holed up in his house in Brentwood in the bathroom with tons of tile, a microphone gaffer taped to the floor, a drumstick and a Kleenex box on a chair. Not to mention his alt takes on the last Tusk reissue were gorgeous and really shows that if he actually wants, he could make pop music at the levels of anyone in this business today or yesterday. He just finds the idea abhorrent. What I want to know is if there's really a xylophone on That's All For Everyone or is he just fooling us with another instrument. This would make a fantastic Richard Dashut question. Someone please ask. I'm too lazy.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
Because if I'm reading this all correctly then it's my understanding that the format won't work properly in the States. If I'm wrong (and I hope I am) then disregard my comment lol!
Not to mention the shipping cost basically doubles the price ��
I played the Rolling Stone post of Sara on my '93 era stereo and it sounded crisp, clear and absolutely beautiful FWIW. I played it using iTunes. And I'm picky when it comes to the live shows.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
While commuting to work this morning I discovered that it's on Spotify as well. Have listened to it only headphones a couple of times the train. Tonight I played it a couple times on my Sonos. Somehow it sounds a bit distorted, but still gorgeous. Played it back to back with the known Sara of the live-album and there she sounds a bit more tired or something, her voice is different, arrangements similar but different as well. Looking forward to the rest of the live stuff ...
The spotifyversion sounds different. The Mojo version and the iTunes sound more distinctive.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I recall there being a recent Richard Dashut reference to a 'home studio'.
I wonder whether RD had any involvement in the new Tusk work.
Hmm...normally I would say no. But Richard made a sly reference of being back in LA, and that something was brewing. It's very feasible that he would be asked to assist in the production of this project.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Very excited about the Alternate Tusk tracks and the Live CD from the Tusk Tour.
Me too! Interesting to see the inclusion of a live version of That's Enough for Me. The only live performance of it that I know of is a one-off bootleg performance in Amsterdam.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
no. I my opinion it is not an extra guitar. What you hear is what jbrownjr calls 'the strings of the tack piano', I think.
I understand what you're saying. But piano strings resonate, they don't strum. There's a strumming sound in the mix that sounds like either another guitar or an electronic keyboard.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Me too! Interesting to see the inclusion of a live version of That's Enough for Me. The only live performance of it that I know of is a one-off bootleg performance in Amsterdam.
That is because we have a bootleg of that performance. It could have easily been performed at multiple shows during that time period.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's got a Gypsy like solo at the ending. Great version of this song. So much improv and wonderful improv at that.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://www.theguardian.com/music/mus...ernate-version

Fleetwood Mac – hear an unreleased version of Tusk

We’ve got an alternate version of the brilliant title track from Tusk – have a listen and let us know what you think

As regular readers of Guardian Music will know, we love our Fleetwood Mac. Specifically, we love the version of Fleetwood Mac whose members did blizzards of cocaine and kept divorcing each other. Imagine our excitement, then, at news of a deluxe edition of Tusk, the bizarre album with which they chose to follow Rumours. The 5CD edition – the one we’re putting on the Christmas list – has the original album, a load of demos, an “Alternate Tusk” album of outtakes, and a double-disc live set from the band’s 1979-80 tour. The 3CD edition dispenses with the live set.

Here, we’ve got the “Alternate Tusk” version of the title track, the bonkers tune for which the group hired the University of Southern California Trojan marching band and recorded them at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. But how does this rendition compare? Have a listen and let us know in the comments below.

Sadly, owing to record company restrictions, this recording is only available to hear in the UK.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 11-19-2015 at 02:45 AM..
Old 11-19-2015, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ Thanks Nicole

Just what I needed to hear first thing this morning, after a very weird sleep, and not much of it

I guess this will be probably be available in other countries later today, as Sara was.

It's interesting reading some of the comments at the bottom of the article.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm kinda bummed that the only unreleased version of Sara on Tusk Deluxe was the live version we got a few weeks ago. I was hoping there would be an alternate Sara on the "Alternate Tusk" and I was really hoping there was going to be some Sara outtakes, particularly one that was only Christine on piano and Stevie singing. Six freaking outtakes of I Know I'm Not Wrong and five outtakes of Tusk, but not one outtake of Sara?

Last edited by Wdm6789; 11-19-2015 at 07:55 AM..
Old 11-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Ledgie

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm totally confused... What's the difference between the Expanded and Deluxe versions? And which one are we pre-ordering on Amazon? To me it sounded like there's 5 discs but then I read more and it talks about the track listing for 10 Discs? Can someone explain this to someone who's brain is clearly not working? Thanks!