User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdudejim View Post
Hey there, does anybody know if the "Sisters Of The Moon" remix on disc two is the same as the single version which appeared on the 2004 Tusk remaster?
I don't know, but I sure do wish they'd give us the mix with the end lyric about choices and voices.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 11-24-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
The 'Buck Going Mental' -version.
And then some!!!!
Old 11-24-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I don't know, but I sure do wish they'd give us the mix with the end lyric about choices and voices.
Yes, I've been wanting that since the first time I've listened to Sisters of the moon 3rd and fourth demo.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Yes, I've been wanting that since the first time I've listened to Sisters of the moon 3rd and fourth demo.
Yes! And while I haven't looked at any of the tracklistings for this box, I am going to assume that no Tusk-era versions of Beauty & The Beast or The Dealer are included.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 11-24-2015, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Yep.

I'm going to buy Elle the mp3's for Christmas.
I think Elle would prefer compact discs. She likes to collect memorabilia.

Michele
Old 11-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Cheapest deal for Tusk Deluxe

The price of the Deluxe Tusk reissue is a bit hard to swallow, but being rabid fan, I can not settle for the lesser format versions, sans the live tracks.
I initially was resolved to suck it up and pay full price. I pre-ordered it from my local record store, but there are no obligations for me to purchase it. It was priced at $125.

Looking for better options, I was able to purchase it for $80 with free shipping at Target (with my Target Red Card). By no means am I motivated to endorse any merchandiser, but I just want to share my experience with people who might be daunted by the prospect of shelling out so much cash. 80 bucks is still a lot of money but it's the best deal I've seen so far.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-24-2015 at 10:46 PM..
Old 11-24-2015, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Vote for Best Reissue of the Year]

Reissue of the Year: 2015 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards
By Ultimate Classic Rock Staff November 23, 2015 4:22 PM

Read More: Reissue of the Year: 2015 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/2015-...ckback=tsmclip

With the golden era of reissues now behind us, and with most of music’s greatest artists from the past now collected on box sets of every size and shape, what’s left? Some of classic rock’s biggest names expanded their back catalogs in 2015 by digging deep in their vaults for new looks at old works.
From Bob Dylan and Led Zeppelin to Fleetwood Mac and Bruce Springsteen, the idea behind 2015’s best reissues was to grab a classic album or period (say, Springsteen’s classic The River album from 1980) and add a whole bunch of outtakes, alternate versions and live cuts from the era to document the process of the making of the LP (the Boss even included the original single-record version of the album).

But which of these 15 reissues was the year’s best? Depends. Do you prefer exhaustive chronicles of a particular period of an artist’s prolific career (see the latest volume of Dylan’s Bootleg Series) or just newly remastered vinyl that reveals fresh perspectives on music that’s now more than 40 years old (see Lynyrd Skynyrd‘s six-LP box set)?

For the next several weeks, your vote counts in the 2015 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards. Vote now for the Reissue of the Year (and all of the other categories while you’re at it). The polls will stay open until 11:59PM ET on Jan. 4, 2016. And you can vote once an hour every day until then, just in case you have some free time during the holidays.

Thank you for voting! This poll closes January 4, 2016, at 11:59PM ET. The results will be revealed at that time. You can vote once an hour until then!
The Beatles, '1+' 7.79%

David Bowie, 'Five Years: 1969-1973' 1.74%

Bob Dylan, 'The Cutting Edge: 1965-1966'' 2.65%

Fleetwood Mac, 'Tusk: Deluxe Edition' 3.07%

Judas Priest, 'Defenders of the Faith: 30th Anniversary Edition' 6.8%

Led Zeppelin Reissues 20.9%

'Lynyrd Skynyrd' (Six-LP Box) 2.74%

Paul McCartney Deluxe Editions 1.99%

Van Morrison Expanded Reissues 0.66%

Jimmy Page, 'Sound Tracks' 0.17%

The Rolling Stones, 'Sticky Fingers (Deluxe Edition)' 5.47%

Rush Vinyl Reissues 39.72%

Bruce Springsteen, 'The Ties That Bind' 4.64%

The Velvet Underground, 'Loaded: 45th Anniversary Edition' 0.66%

Roger Waters, 'Amused to Death' Expanded Reissue 1%

Read More: Reissue of the Year: 2015 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/2015-...ckback=tsmclip
Old 11-28-2015, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post

What about the album in the Fleetwood Mac catalogue that WMG own the rights to that have been completely neglected all together? I'm talking about:

Then Play On (1969)
Kiln House (1970)
Future Games (1971)
Bare Trees (1972)
Penguin (1973)
Mystery To Me (1973)
Heroes Are Hard To Find (1974)

And then from the Buckingham/Nicks era:

Fleetwood Mac Live (1980)
Mirage (1982)
Tango In The Night (1987)
Behind The Mask (1990)
At the Meet&greet, Mick said Tusk is his favorite (band) album. But i think the "White to Tusk" era is the most succesful commercially, so I don't thin the record company will release them. I'd love and still hope to get a deluxe or remastered Tango or Mirage some day (specially Mirage since the cd quality sucks), but I find it very difficult.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Deluxe Mirage would be awesome. I hope we get this someday. I don't think it's likely, but I'm hopeful. The full set from the Mirage tour would be awesome to have on my iTunes, live Hold Me, I can never have enough live versions of Sara, and live Eyes of The World.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Yes! And while I haven't looked at any of the tracklistings for this box, I am going to assume that no Tusk-era versions of Beauty & The Beast or The Dealer are included.
How developed did those songs get in the Tusk sessions? Seems like they might have been contenders early on, but were dropped in their rudimentary stage. Then Stevie stashed them in her "vault" for future reference.

All the digs that her 24 Karat Gold songs were "left in the vault for good reason"(inferring that they were substandard) are ignorant, revealing a complete misunderstanding of the creative process.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-29-2015 at 01:22 AM..
Old 11-29-2015, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

Looking for better options, I was able to purchase it for $80 with free shipping at Target (with my Target Red Card). . 80 bucks is still a lot of money but it's the best deal I've seen so far.
I've seen it at Pop Market for $84.00 with free shipping.
With a coupon code it could be had for 15% less than that.
I'm not sure if they charge tax or not.

The track listing for the DVD-A is interesting.
Unless the songs are listed twice because of
5.1 or 2.0 options.

If that's not it, would they dare release the
outtakes in 5.1? I doubt it.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
At the Meet&greet, Mick said Tusk is his favorite (band) album. But I think the "White to Tusk" era is the most succesful commercially, so I don't thin the record company will release them. I'd love and still hope to get a deluxe or remastered Tango or Mirage some day (specially Mirage since the cd quality sucks), but I find it very difficult.
I believe that Mirage and Tango will eventually get the deluxe treatment. Fleetwood Mac has massive universal appeal. Yet, despite the all the years the Rumours era band has been together, they haven't been the most productive/prolific band, with only five studio albums to their credit. Mirage and Tango were prominent and successful albums, even if they didn't match the massive commercial success of Rumours.

I see so many deluxe albums being released by groups and artists of lesser stature and/or obscurity. If there is a niche market for these releases, there is certainly a market for Mirage and Tango. It will be interesting to see how the new release of Tusk will be received. Is there the possibility it will make the charts? TUSK IS HERE...AGAIN!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-29-2015 at 02:35 AM..
Old 11-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I believe that Mirage and Tango will eventually get the deluxe treatment. Fleetwood Mac has massive universal appeal. Yet, despite the all the years the Rumours era band has been together, they haven't been the most productive/prolific band, with only five studio albums to their credit.
Do you think that even if we were lucky enough to have 30 albums from them, their live show would still be the same as it is now?
Old 11-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I know its expensive but the live tracks are what sold it for me. I wonder how many of these new Tusk editions they will sell? A big seller will make Lindsey so happy. Its Lindsey's, Mick's, and Christine's favorite Mac album.
BTW: I would pay double or triple for Mirage demos, re-mastered tracks, and live tracks
Old 12-01-2015, 02:46 AM
Junior Ledgie

Was hoping for another track aside from Sara and Tusk before release date .... Oh well , cant wait till friday to download the lot on itunes ! Most excited bout the live tracks