Addicted Ledgie

I love crawdaddy.

This made me laugh:

http://www.afterellen.com/blog/karma...comment=484639
Old 04-02-2008, 05:45 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Honestly, I can't think of a studio album since "Tusk" that would really qualify as being great or worthy of the band going out on. Mirage, Tango, Mask, Time, and SYW all fall short -PAINFULLY short- of rising to that occasion. And, I have a hard time with people talking about this whole notion of "40 years" or whatever. Considering that the band didn't do ANYTHING 17 of those 40 years really minimizes the significance of the occasion.

Are you telling me you really loved BTM or did you omit it by accident?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Are you telling me you really loved BTM or did you omit it by accident?
My quote was:

Mirage, Tango, Mask, Time, and SYW all fall short -PAINFULLY short- of rising to that occasion.

Like all of the albums post-Tusk, there are moments, but overall it falls short.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-07-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
My quote was:

Mirage, Tango, Mask, Time, and SYW all fall short -PAINFULLY short- of rising to that occasion.

Like all of the albums post-Tusk, there are moments, but overall it falls short.
God I'm getting old and blind...
Old 04-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
God I'm getting old and blind...
It happens.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the Wichita Eagle:

http://www.kansas.com/entertainment/story/378285.html

As for one other rumored live venture -- touring with Fleetwood Mac, perhaps as soon as next spring -- Crow said her participation isn't as certain as recent media accounts suggest.

"I'm not really sure how that rumor got started," Crow said. "I don't know how my quote got attached to me that we were definitely doing it. That's not the case. Nothing's been planned. It's fun to get together and talk about things, but we haven't gone any further than that."
Old 04-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
From the Wichita Eagle:

http://www.kansas.com/entertainment/story/378285.html

As for one other rumored live venture -- touring with Fleetwood Mac, perhaps as soon as next spring -- Crow said her participation isn't as certain as recent media accounts suggest.

"I'm not really sure how that rumor got started," Crow said. "I don't know how my quote got attached to me that we were definitely doing it. That's not the case. Nothing's been planned. It's fun to get together and talk about things, but we haven't gone any further than that."
She's unbelievable, she started the whole thing and now she says she's not sure how that rumor got started. Damage control perhaps???

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
She's unbelievable, she started the whole thing and now she says she's not sure how that rumor got started. Damage control perhaps???
Or she was misquoted. I only saw a written quote. Was there a video clip where she said it?

In any event, that people actually give a damn is a remaining feather in the much plucked popularity hat of FM.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will Sheryl Crow join Fleetwood Mac, or will Fleetwood Mac join Sheryl Crow?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Will Sheryl Crow join Fleetwood Mac...

Stevie says she must or Stevie will not...while Lindsey thinks it over....to be continued...sheryl must be thinking twice to get between those two arguing
Old 04-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^

Unless I am forgetting an interview, I do not think La Nicks has made comments of Crow joing FM and/or any such ultimatum. La Nicks did say that without CM there, it is difficult for her and that she thinks LB is being a jerk to her and CM could make that situation better for Stevie. Am I missing an interview where Stevie has commented on this, other than the jokes in the initial SYW stuff? Are we just assuming, likely correctly, that La Nicks has issued this ultimatum basedon her CM coments?

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Are we just assuming, likely correctly, that La Nicks has issued this ultimatum basedon her CM coments?
My papa says never assume: It makes an "ass" of "u" & "me."

Fleetwood Mac might join Sheryl Crow on her South American tour, through the Azores, & ending in the Canary Islands, which are volcanic.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I don't mean to be rude or to come off as condescending. However, the Sheryl Crow matter comes down to this for me:

Lindsey is a genius.

Stevie is a genius.

Christine is a genius.

Sherly Crow is not a genius.
I think exactly that...I don't like the idea...I hate to say unpleasant things about a fellow artist.....but IMO Sheryl Crow will do ANYTHING to get her face out there....a commercial, a charity, a "guest shot"....she's right up there with Brett Michaels....ANYTHING for publicity....embarassing...nothing to do with music....everything to do with self-promotion of the worst kind.This next is a truly , truly horrible thing to say....but, IMO, and forgive me if I'm wrong.....even the marriage to Lance Armstrong smacks of a publicity stunt to me....There is an old one-liner in showbiz that" dying is a great career move". I ( and I know this sounds terribly mean spirited), I think that if Crow could manage to "die" somehow, for awhile...and then magically reappear...she'd do it. And BTW; recently my wife was (THANK GOD) MIS-diagnosed with a fast moving form of liver cancer...We were told, erroneously thank GOD, that the chemo and other treatment could completely bust our lifetime insurance cap....and that we better start thinking about maybe doing some fundraisers...we were panicked..I immediately got on the phone and started calling;....1st Mick Fleetwood...Mick said he would play(we weren't asking for money, just "time and talent)anytime, anywhere...so did Rick Vito...so did Billy Burnette...so did Walter Eagan....so did Jeff Baxter. Stevie Nicks and Lindsey didn't bother to even return my calls. The die is cast...I now know who's got a heart and who doesn't....REALLY got a heart, not the phony heart on sleeve BS that often passes for "empathy" in Hollywood. Sorry to have to say this...Stevie stiffed me and my wife....so did Lindsey....Mick and everybody else came through when we really thought Wendy was at death's door...A misdiagnosis, again, thank God. I will never forget who was a friend....and who wasn't.

Bob Welch
wx-Fleetwood Mac,Capitol Records artist etc. etc.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Blimey!

There's not a lot you can say say after that is there?

Gail

Last edited by Gailh; 04-24-2008 at 06:45 AM..
Old 04-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

RE: Missus Post

First of all, I am so glad that your wife Wendy is healthy. That must have been a terrible scare, the kind that devastates you with the news. It is times like those, that as humans, empathize and relate to one another.

Second, it appears that people can WRITE about love, kindness, souls, etc. etc., but when it comes time to actually BEING THERE, all bets are off.

Third, could it be a case of "the people who work for them" are lousy, egotistical and didn't pass your messages on? I am in no way, making excuses for La Nicks or Mr. B. Both have egos larger than the universe, (and of course, the universe seems to center around them.) In Denver and Boulder, I was disenchanted with this Jimmy guy who works for LB. Arrogance doesn't describe his demeanor but he seems to have it in his head that someone-died-and-made-him-God.

Back when I used to watch Oprah (and I don't anymore) she said that it is the job of the manager...to play the heavy and be rude, so that the star can look good.

Fourth, if you get a scare in the future, speaking for myself, I am available. If I can help, let me know. That's why we are humans, and it is our empathy that sets us apart from the rest of the animal kingdom. I am sorry that the other two didn't respond when you put out the call.

Go Bob!
Go Wendy!