User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2003, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Nope, I just know that the proper reaction would not be to stay among little kids reading fairy tales while my people are dying and the city of New York is under attack. It's simple logic.

If a plane crashes into your neighbors house, do you just sit on your ass and do nothing? I think not.
Bush was hailed by members of both parties for his handling of the immediate aftermath of the attacks. That incident could be spun anyway you want.

How did that negatively affect the aftermath?

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 12-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Blame Bubba for everything.

But it's ok as long as you blame Bush.

Quote:
And who cares if he got a blow job? That's nothing to shake a stick at.
His wife, maybe???

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 12-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67

His wife, maybe???

Rob
To quote Dolly Parton in "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" - "Don't you think the hens appreciate the time off when the rooster visits another coop"

Personally, I am all for blow jobs; in fact I say the more the merrier Just don't keep heads of state waiting while you are getting head and then send out your cabinet to perpetuate your lie, which Clinton did.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Rob
It's not about blame. It's about being held accountable for the lies Bush & Co. have told the American people. Bush is running for re-elction. The former president is not.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Personally, I am all for blow jobs; in fact I say the more the merrier Just don't keep heads of state waiting while you are getting head and then send out your cabinet to perpetuate your lie, which Clinton did.
Agreed, and, agreed.

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 12-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The Shrub is taking a beating today:

In Twin Setbacks For The Bush Administration's
War On Terror, Federal Appeals Courts On Opposite
Coasts Ruled Thursday That The U.S. Military
Cannot Indefinitely Hold Prisoners Without
Access To Lawyers Or The American Courts.
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20031218_2320.html
Old 12-19-2003, 02:59 PM

Ain't no shrub. Ain't nothin' but a weed.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bottom line is.... you can blame Bush for 9/11 if you want, or say that he didn't care(which I don't buy for one minute), but the fact remains that the seeds of terrorism were sown and reaped several times, long before he took office. Sorry, but catching one man for the '93 attack and imprisoning him did not prevent further terrorist attacks....as we all know.

You can spin it any way you want to.

Joe

Last edited by jwd; 12-19-2003 at 09:12 PM..
Old 12-19-2003, 10:08 PM

JWD, don't let the facts confuse you. I, for one, am not blaming The Weed for 9/11, but I believe the reports that this administration was so hateful of the Clintonites that it just discarded valuable intelligence that might have helped prevent this disaster.

Ultimately, terrorists are going to win some. There's no getting around that. But they sure won a big one, and I can't help thinking they didn't have to.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
CarneVaca:

JWD, don't let the facts confuse you. I, for one, am not blaming The Weed for 9/11, but I believe the reports that this administration was so hateful of the Clintonites that it just discarded valuable intelligence that might have helped prevent this disaster.

Ultimately, terrorists are going to win some. There's no getting around that. But they sure won a big one, and I can't help thinking they didn't have to.
Well I really didn't think I was confused. I would asssume that you would blame someone if they discarded valuable intelligence and something bad happened because of it. So you don't blame Bush...ok.

Yea, I guess you're right, terrorists are going to win some. The point I was making is that they've been winning some(and not just little ones) for a long time, and I can't help thinking they too could have been prevented by using valuable intelligence.

I guess we agree.
Old 12-20-2003, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

...My dream would be Braun and Kerry as running mates, but I'm just a silly dreamer...
I must be a silly dreamer too...
Old 12-20-2003, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
Yea, I guess you're right, terrorists are going to win some. The point I was making is that they've been winning some(and not just little ones) for a long time, and I can't help thinking they too could have been prevented by using valuable intelligence.

I guess we agree.

A logical assessment.

The whole intelligence system needed upgraded and the NSA, the CIA, the FBI, etc., have undergone many changes in the way they handle and share information since 9\11. A new cabinet position has even been created. So, steps are being made.

And people complain about the Patriot Act...but other then waiting a little longer at the airport security area, my life hasn't been affected by it in the least.

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 12-20-2003, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason T.
I must be a silly dreamer too...
You, too?!

Old 12-20-2003, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And people complain about the Patriot Act...but other then waiting a little longer at the airport security area, my life hasn't been affected by it in the least.
It's the idea of it. No one's rights should be compromised.

Bring on the stoning...

Old 12-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Rob67:

A logical assessment.

The whole intelligence system needed upgraded and the NSA, the CIA, the FBI, etc., have undergone many changes in the way they handle and share information since 9\11. A new cabinet position has even been created. So, steps are being made.

Thanks Rob.

Absolutely. At least something is finally being done. It's really quite tragic that it took us till 9/11 to wake up and start "getting it together". Say what you will, but Slick Willy's "war on terror" was at best highly ineffective.

Joe