Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
^^^^
. Also, I know what you mean about your Miss T fandom being different from your Stevie or Mac fandom. Entirely different animals.
One key difference IMO is that Tori actually plays to her hardcore fanbase and nurtures her cult ..Fleetwood Mac and La Nicks seem far more interested in pleasing the casual fan /nostalgic boomer audience.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpai View Post
She really is a show everyone should see. So super-talented. I've seen every tour since Choirgirl, but I have to admit I've kind of faded out on it as she went one direction in life and I went another.
This is a sentiment I totally agree with! Tori really is an incredible live act, I've seen a few of her tours also and I love the way she mixes things up and avoids churning out the same tried and tested material. Her on-stage banter is great too!

Oh, and TBK and SLG definately have their great moments. I respect Tori for experimenting even although she hit on a winning formula very early on in her career. I think she's probably one of the wittiest lyricists in music. Ever.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
One key difference IMO is that Tori actually plays to her hardcore fanbase and nurtures her cult ..Fleetwood Mac and La Nicks seem far more interested in pleasing the casual fan /nostalgic boomer audience.
Oh, yeah, that's absolutely true. Tori is much more personally involved with the fans than I think it would ever even occur to the Mac to be. She will play those "obscure" songs that are fan favorites (whereas we can all hold our breaths til we die for SOTM live and still not hear it, methinks), and if you make it to the venue in time, you'll often be able to go say hi to her before the show and she'll actually spend a few minutes with each person that made it to the meet & greet area, she'll take song requests and do them, etc.

She seems like she very much understands how important her music is to us and makes it a point to connect on some kind of personal level as much as she can. I appreciate that about her.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 02-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake Girl View Post
This is a sentiment I totally agree with! Tori really is an incredible live act, I've seen a few of her tours also and I love the way she mixes things up and avoids churning out the same tried and tested material. Her on-stage banter is great too!
For sure, lol. At a show on the Choirgirl tour, she had a little yellow Volkswagon Beetle toy up on her piano that she'd periodically push back and forth between songs, and at one point turned and looked directly at my friend John, who was very tall and had very crazy hair, easy to spot out, and sang a little song at him, calling him Obi Wan and asking would he buy her a real Beetle.

I thought he was going to faint.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 02-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I once read in a local, hipster newspaper that Tori's music sounds like it should be played in tampon commercials..........

Old 02-28-2009, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour View Post
I once read in a local, hipster newspaper that Tori's music sounds like it should be played in tampon commercials..........

Sounds like the hipsters in Seattle are just as annoying as the ones in San Francisco.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Registered

I'd be curious to know which songs they feel would make for a good tampon commercial...

I somehow doubt Tori would approve, though (warning, contains language):

As an aside, I just spent 5 minutes typing out bastardized versions of Tori lyrics that could work as tampon commercial slogans, but decided to delete them, for they were completely uncouth, and I would prefer you all not know exactly how demented I am at 5 AM when I haven't slept yet.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tori is cool... and kinda cute
Old 03-01-2009, 05:48 AM
Ledgie

I'm a Tori fan - and I actually liked the Beekeeper album - maybe because I had recently lost my mom so that "motherly" kind of feel to the songs resonated with me - I thought the concert was awesome - I was seated in the upper-center mezz alcove of the opera house in San Francisco with the hive light-show floating all around me during her performance of the title song - the effect was personally stunning! I remember she started the show late because she was calming her daughter before she was sent off to bed - and once on stage Tori was of course Tori and totally with us. I like how Tori has the luxury and ability to switch her song sets around which is a lot easier to do with a one-woman band than a huge stage-organization like Fleetwood Mac! I'm looking forward to more Tori!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
I'd be curious to know which songs they feel would make for a good tampon commercial...

I somehow doubt Tori would approve, though (warning, contains language):

As an aside, I just spent 5 minutes typing out bastardized versions of Tori lyrics that could work as tampon commercial slogans, but decided to delete them, for they were completely uncouth, and I would prefer you all not know exactly how demented I am at 5 AM when I haven't slept yet.

OMG, I think I just found the quote of the day!!! Thanks for that.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveDreamer View Post
I like how Tori has the luxury and ability to switch her song sets around which is a lot easier to do with a one-woman band than a huge stage-organization like Fleetwood Mac! I'm looking forward to more Tori!
IMO, that's bollocks!
Even with the band, Tori shakes up her setlists every night. Each night has a different setlist to the one before it. Even on Plugged, To Dallas And Back, Scarlet's Walk and American Doll Posse with the band all had kick arse setlists that were all over the place. The Mac could totally shake up the set every night but they won't. I think Lindsey would like to - but Stevie certainly won't. I mean, look at the opening night for Scarlet's Walk:

Wampum Prayer
a sorta fairytale
In The Springtime Of His Voodoo
Bliss
Crazy
Take To The Sky
Pancake
Caught A List Sneeze
Mrs. Jesus
Crucify
Wednesday
Cloud On My Tongue (solo)
Cool On Your Island (solo)
Cooling (solo)
Strange
Concertina
Sweet Sangria
Lust
Amber Waves
Don't Make Me Come To Vegas
Hotel
I Can't See New York
Spring Haze

1st Encore

Virginia
Past The Mission

2nd Encore

Tear In Your Hand
Hey Jupiter

and the closing night set list:

Wampum Prayer
a sorta fairytale
Talula
Sweet Sangria
Cornflake Girl
Scarlet's Walk
Precious Things
Hey Jupiter
Wednesday
Flying Dutchman (solo)
Not The Red Baron (solo)
Live To Tell (solo)
Bells For Her
Sweet Dreams
Father Lucifer
God
Hotel
I Can't See New York
Iieee

1st Encore

Taxi Ride
Pretty Good Year

2nd Encore

Tombigbee
Tear In Your Hand

3rd Encore

Cooling (solo)
Strange

Get the idea? Mac - leaf. out of book. take it.

Last edited by TheWILDheart; 03-01-2009 at 10:56 AM..
Old 03-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh this is too funny! I'm a huge Tori fan and where do I find the title to her new album? On The Ledge!! I'm always in eager anticipation of the next new Tori record. I love them all differently, with actually TBK being one of my favs. It is definitely a lighter, different sound for her but I find her voice and the harmonizing she does so beautiful. As far as her concerts go, I have seen her several times and I think she's an incredibly talented live performer. The fact that she does a different set list every night just blows me away. (A certain band I know should take some lessons from her!) The shows from her last tour were simply wonderful. I do hope her new record is shorter than her last 3. They're all great records but ADP in particular runs way too long.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Oh this is too funny! I'm a huge Tori fan and where do I find the title to her new album? On The Ledge!! I'm always in eager anticipation of the next new Tori record. I love them all differently, with actually TBK being one of my favs. It is definitely a lighter, different sound for her but I find her voice and the harmonizing she does so beautiful. As far as her concerts go, I have seen her several times and I think she's an incredibly talented live performer. The fact that she does a different set list every night just blows me away. (A certain band I know should take some lessons from her!) The shows from her last tour were simply wonderful. I do hope her new record is shorter than her last 3. They're all great records but ADP in particular runs way too long.
It's 17 tracks. Each track will be accompanied by a "visualette" (sort of an audio/visual) thing. She's previewing tracks from the new album at Universal's SXSW showcase later this month.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Sounds like the hipsters in Seattle are just as annoying as the ones in San Francisco.
Well, we are VERY similar cities.............
Old 03-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post

Old 03-01-2009, 07:03 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.