Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Junior Ledgie

Exclamation *** Via : Wendy Welch ***

*** VIA : WENDY WELCH *** RE: BOB WELCH for the RRHOF ~ Wendy Welch
March 13 near Nashville, TN
Well, I got another worthless email from Mick tonight, just giving me the run around once again, like I still fall for it. Basically he's just too busy and has turned the problems over to his management company, which I will believe when I see it. He told me they were taking care of it 6 months ago. Obviously not! The last two messages from him before that were in December where he said he couldn't get reception in the mountains and would get to me when he get back with good things and then in January where he was so busy doing press releases in Europe and would get back to me regarding the Tribute Album and the RRHOF. How much of this being manipulated and being shined on should I take. And he just had Christine playing with him in Hawaii. Who does he think he's kidding when he ends each email with how much he loves me and Bob. I could go on and on about his emails, but they're all the same bs.

Please keep sending emails saying this is not acceptable. I beg of you, Welch Warriors.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone recall if Bob ever got the royalties, for which he was suing them?

Just wondering if it was worthwhile....
Old 03-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've thought of doing this ^^^ too, but I'm not sure it's cool to lift her exact posts from FB, and repost them here. I would actually think not...
Old 03-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Does anyone recall if Bob ever got the royalties, for which he was suing them?

Just wondering if it was worthwhile....
They settled out of court, 1996 I think it was.
bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php?page=index_v2&id=6936&c=8
Lawsuit Settled (Hollywood Reporter) < Bob Welch < Main Page

Lawsuit Settled (Hollywood Reporter)
Penguin

BODY:
More than 20 years after he left Fleetwood Mac, singer Bob Welch settled a royalties lawsuit against his ex-bandmates, Warner Bros. Records and the group's former lawyer. Welch, who departed the band to pursue a solo career in the early 1970s, agreed Tuesday to undisclosed settlements with Mick Fleetwood and John and Christine McVie as well as the record company and attorney Michael Shapiro. The original complaint, filed in March 1994, didn't specify what Welch sought, and attorneys for both sides said they were barred from discussing terms. But lawyers for both Welch and his former bandmates said they were ''extremely happy'' with the agreement. A lawyer for Warner Bros. said the company was ''pleased'' with it. ''Not only does it represent substantial compensation for what he claims he didn't receive before, it also gives him the opportunity to focus on his career rather than litigation,'' said Anthony Kornarens, Welch's lawyer. Welch contended in the lawsuit that the McVies and Fleetwood negotiated higher royalty rates for themselves over the years without telling Welch, despite deals in the 1970s in which band members agreed to split such money.

Last edited by jenniferuk; 03-18-2013 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: added source
Old 03-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well she's coming across a bit snooty and entitled. Gift horse much? The bottom line is that Mick doesn't owe Wendy squat, and whatever he is or is not doing in Bob's memory is a charitable gesture that Mick can effect whenever he gets around to it. So she should put on her big girl britches and just be appreciative. I am sure she is not currying any favor from Mick by airing her dirty laundry with him in a public forum.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer6861 View Post
Please keep sending emails saying this is not acceptable. I beg of you, Welch Warriors.
I know Wendy is having a hard time, and anyone who has lost a loved one can attest to that... but you know, her seeming attitude in the messages she's posting is not helping her cause. It certainly doesn't make me want to help her when I read stuff like that.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can understand her frustration and despondency, it doesn't make me think Bob deserves to be in the HoF any less. To me it doesn't seem like Bob's only claim to inclusion is Mick's good graces, rather it's Mick's (or someone's) lack of fairness that's resulted in him not being where he deserves. Without really needing to cast anyone as a villain, I hope she gets this for Bob.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
Is Mrs. Welch getting all her info from Mick? Maybe she doesn't know the whole story (that I'd presume Mick knows) either.
that occurred to me too. i'm not sure how reliable or complete the info that Mick's transmitting is, at least in this case.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
They settled out of court, 1996 I think it was.
bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php?page=index_v2&id=6936&c=8
Lawsuit Settled (Hollywood Reporter) < Bob Welch < Main Page

Lawsuit Settled (Hollywood Reporter)
Penguin

BODY:
More than 20 years after he left Fleetwood Mac, singer Bob Welch settled a royalties lawsuit against his ex-bandmates, Warner Bros. Records and the group's former lawyer. Welch, who departed the band to pursue a solo career in the early 1970s, agreed Tuesday to undisclosed settlements with Mick Fleetwood and John and Christine McVie as well as the record company and attorney Michael Shapiro. The original complaint, filed in March 1994, didn't specify what Welch sought, and attorneys for both sides said they were barred from discussing terms. But lawyers for both Welch and his former bandmates said they were ''extremely happy'' with the agreement. A lawyer for Warner Bros. said the company was ''pleased'' with it. ''Not only does it represent substantial compensation for what he claims he didn't receive before, it also gives him the opportunity to focus on his career rather than litigation,'' said Anthony Kornarens, Welch's lawyer. Welch contended in the lawsuit that the McVies and Fleetwood negotiated higher royalty rates for themselves over the years without telling Welch, despite deals in the 1970s in which band members agreed to split such money.
Well, 1996 is pretty darn close to 1998. And if I were Mick, John, and Chris, I would still have been pissed. I am not convinced any one of them would have had enough power to say no to Bob's induction. But for Bob to sue them and then expect to be honored on stage with them is a pretty tall order. Mind you, he also talked very poorly of that core trio in the British doc on the band that came out in the mid 90s.

I love most of Bob's music with FM. His time with the band can never be erased. That's a good a legacy as anything else.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know why it's so important. The HOF has become a joke. Recent inductees are either acts should have been inducted YEARS earlier or acts that have little to do with rock, and the list of acts that still haven't been inducted is pretty amazing. And really, that moment for Fleetwood Mac passed 15 years ago. Bob wasn't included. Inducting him now won't change that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Well, 1996 is pretty darn close to 1998. And if I were Mick, John, and Chris, I would still have been pissed. I am not convinced any one of them would have had enough power to say no to Bob's induction. But for Bob to sue them and then expect to be honored on stage with them is a pretty tall order.
Even if he had been inducted, there was no way that he was going to appear with the band. If he had gone on stage with them for the induction, I suspect it would have turned very Blondie-esq. (So much for all of that "healing" crap they love to spew at us.)

Quote:
Mind you, he also talked very poorly of that core trio in the British doc on the band that came out in the mid 90s.
That's forgivable. The forgave Stevie, and she said even worse things about them.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Even if he had been inducted, there was no way that he was going to appear with the band. If he had gone on stage with them for the induction, I suspect it would have turned very Blondie-esq. (So much for all of that "healing" crap they love to spew at us.)
See, this is why I'm dying to find out just how the induction process works. If a band member, or even most of the band, had the clout to keep another member out, some of the guys from Blondie never would have gotten in. As part of the Blondie debacle, Debbie Harry and Chris Stein even complained that the guys who were getting in only played with them for 5 years (but it was during their heydey which was the reason for their induction), while their replacements, who were not being inducted, had been playing with them for much longer than that. That's why I think the HOF committee uses their own criteria to determine who is worthy, regardless of how happy the band is about it.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if all about this will be detailed in Mick's new book
Old 03-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know why it's so important. The HOF has become a joke. Recent inductees are either acts should have been inducted YEARS earlier or acts that have little to do with rock, and the list of acts that still haven't been inducted is pretty amazing. And really, that moment for Fleetwood Mac passed 15 years ago. Bob wasn't included. Inducting him now won't change that.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Pete Rose will be inducted to the Baseball HoF before Bob will be in the R&RHoF.