User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
I say this fully aware that it's not really a fair thing to say, but I woke up this morning to a video in my Instagram feed of Stevie doing the "crack head dance" in Austin the previous night. I know they have tour dates scheduled and obligations to fulfill, which is why what I'm about to say is not fair, but man... it really disgusted me. They of course have to keep performing and I saw on Facebook that Neil and Mick made mention of Lindsey at different points in the show, but there was just something about her gyrating and whatnot that really bugged me. Maybe it's the fact that she's talked about that as if it's some sort of gift she's giving the audience... "I do it every night, and it breaks my back..." Oy.

I'm not saying any of this to throw another log on the anti-Stevie pyre... there's enough of that already. But as a longtime fan of this band and the people in it, I never thought I'd come to feel the way I do about them.

I noticed the same thing, and that's probably what goes on at every concert but yesterday night it was the first time I had the stomach to watch some songs, many of them from Stevie. It was a disturbing thing.

She stated so many times that if one of them were on their death bed the other one would be the first one to be at their side. Hard to believe it now…
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
What really follows me is that Lindsey likely would be dead if he would have been on tour with FM.
it could have happened 5 years ago or 5 years from now. it happened NOW for a reason. after a long highly stressful year. if he was now on tour with FM, like he was in 2013, or 2014 or 2015, he'd have his normal daily routine and probably be just fine, and this would maybe happen few years from now. or not.

we can never know. but we cannot pretend timing has nothing to do with what he went through last year. this happened exactly almost to the day a year since his ouster.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 02-10-2019 at 09:35 PM..
Old 02-10-2019, 09:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
My guess is that Beautiful Child was correct about the tracheotomy. His face also looks swollen. They probably had to assault him a bit to perform revival efforts...
I can't think of a situation where they'd do a trach unless they were unable to place the ET tube. The bandage looks more like he either had a central line (that's a common place for insertion) or possibly a carotid endarterectomy or stent. Most people who are bad off enough for open heart also have carotid occlusion. Also a trach would not have damaged his vocal cords, unless whoever performed it was a total hack, but the ET tube very often causes cord inflammation and though rare, permanent damage from scarring.
As always, this is just my opinion as I actually have no idea what's under the bandage, but if you can't speculate here...

Speaking of speculating, why hasn't anyone brought up the possibility that the time Stevie spent with Chrissie Hynde influenced her decision to fire Lindsey?

Last edited by justdreamin; 02-10-2019 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: To include a Chrissie Hynde conspiracy
Old 02-10-2019, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Seriously, she does have an ugly heart. She was in her glory last night in Austin. You could see it on her plastic face.
I heard that too. You know she probably wants him dead.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdreamin View Post
Speaking of speculating, why hasn't anyone brought up the possibility that the time Stevie spent with Chrissie Hynde influenced her decision to fire Lindsey?
What would point to that possibility?
Old 02-11-2019, 01:50 AM
Junior Ledgie

Yes. I've wondered about Chrissie Hynde for a while now. Can't stop thinking that Stevie changed after that epic tour and their time together. I wonder if it's a ME TOO thing about Stevie and Lindsey's physical past.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammsunday View Post
Yes. I've wondered about Chrissie Hynde for a while now. Can't stop thinking that Stevie changed after that epic tour and their time together. I wonder if it's a ME TOO thing about Stevie and Lindsey's physical past.
In what is such speculation rooted? Is Chrissie an outspoken "Me Too" activist or a public disparager of Lindsey Buckingham?
Old 02-11-2019, 05:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
In what is such speculation rooted? Is Chrissie an outspoken "Me Too" activist or a public disparager of Lindsey Buckingham?
I don't think FM has ever even been on her radar according to what she's said, but she wears the crescent moon Stevie gave her, which honestly is odd to me because it wouldn't appear they'd have anything in common. But Chrissie is a badass, her favorite word is f-off, and she is the LEADER of her band - regardless of who's in it. She's had no problem making a record under the Pretenders name without any original band member besides herself - and good for her!! She's a woman who knows her own mind. I'm just kind of making up that she instilled some F-off badassery in Nick's. This is probably total bullshirt, but it's crossed my mind, between that and Tom dying. Who knows, but given LB's "transgression" the reaction was over the top, even for her. I can just imagine Chrissie saying "is it your band or not? If you don't like how it's going tell them to f-off! If you don't like Lindsey running the show, tell them it's him or you! Now F-off girl, you're starting to piss me off!"
Old 02-11-2019, 05:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammsunday View Post
Yeah, I have no idea about the Me TOO stuff, but I thought she changed some too and that was before Tom passed away. Who knows. A good conspiracy theory can actually make your brain happy.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdreamin View Post
I don't think FM has ever even been on her radar according to what she's said, but she wears the crescent moon Stevie gave her, which honestly is odd to me because it wouldn't appear they'd have anything in common. But Chrissie is a badass, her favorite word is f-off, and she is the LEADER of her band - regardless of who's in it. She's had no problem making a record under the Pretenders name without any original band member besides herself - and good for her!! She's a woman who knows her own mind. I'm just kind of making up that she instilled some F-off badassery in Nick's. This is probably total bullshirt, but it's crossed my mind, between that and Tom dying. Who knows, but given LB's "transgression" the reaction was over the top, even for her. I can just imagine Chrissie saying "is it your band or not? If you don't like how it's going tell them to f-off! If you don't like Lindsey running the show, tell them it's him or you! Now F-off girl, you're starting to piss me off!"
All else aside, I think you greatly overestimate the degree to which these acts even speak with one another on the road. Plus, Stevie's not likely to have taken such life changing advice from a stranger.

I saw an interview with Chrissie (from before she and Nicks ever toured together) where she gently disparaged FM, saying that the music scene from which the Pretenders emerged was a reaction to music like FM that they didn't find particularly appealing (she specified FM).
Old 02-11-2019, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know about any of that in terms of activism, but didn't she say somewhere (her book I believe?) that she had been gang raped or something?
Old 02-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
All else aside, I think you greatly overestimate the degree to which these acts even speak with one another on the road. Plus, Stevie's not likely to have taken such life changing advice from a stranger.

I saw an interview with Chrissie (from before she and Nicks ever toured together) where she gently disparaged FM, saying that the music scene from which the Pretenders emerged was a reaction to music like FM that they didn't find particularly appealing (she specified FM).
Watch this interview https://youtu.be/NaWU2YisjFk
Also, like I mentioned, photos of Chrissie as recent as a month or so ago show her wearing the moon necklace.
Anyway, I think I made it pretty clear that I don't know.
Just a little conspiracy while we wait to hear how Lindsey is getting on.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I don't know about any of that in terms of activism, but didn't she say somewhere (her book I believe?) that she had been gang raped or something?
she was sexually assaulted by some guys in or around a biker gang she had fallen in with during her younger days. She caused quite a stir within the MeToo community by writing in her book that she blamed herself for the assault, saying she was stupid for having gotten involved with them in the first place. The MeToo movement pushed back on her saying if someone rapes you it's not your fault, it's THEIR fault for doing it.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
she was sexually assaulted by some guys in or around a biker gang she had fallen in with during her younger days. She caused quite a stir within the MeToo community by writing in her book that she blamed herself for the assault, saying she was stupid for having gotten involved with them in the first place. The MeToo movement pushed back on her saying if someone rapes you it's not your fault, it's THEIR fault for doing it.
Right, but life is also about making good choices. If I choose to walk through the ghetto at night, it's hard to bitch if I got mugged.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not familiar with what Chrissie said, but one should never confuse advising risk management with assigning moral culpability.