Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You have to know that when Stevie refused to record with FM it's when it went way downhill. I'm sure Lindsey was not happy with her after that and much of the major reason for them not getting along after that. She is to blame for all of it IMO.
Agree, it's the main reason. He wants to create, and she wants nothing to do with it. She'd have to write and give her material to someone she has secretly despised for many years. (This is where I say, "told ya")

And then........ he had the nerve to record with FM and tour w/ Christine. That added a lot to the conflict.

It's not about money or fame. It's about who's the boss. The more she said she wasn't, the more she thought she should be.
And then her fame and $$ took over as an instrument to achieve such bossness. $he played it well.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Agree, it's the main reason. He wants to create, and she wants nothing to do with it. She'd have to write and give her material to someone she has secretly despised for many years. (This is where I say, "told ya")

And then........ he had the nerve to record with FM and tour w/ Christine. That added a lot to the conflict.

It's not about money or fame. It's about who's the boss. The more she said she wasn't, the more she thought she should be.
And then her fame and $$ took over as an instrument to achieve such bossness. $he played it well.
And with Tom dead she was free from her eternal moral compass to do whatever she wanted. She was free to get rid of Lindsey and to bring Mike into the band.

She probably wasn't expecting what happened with Lindsey after his firing, but at the same time I doubt she cared much. She lives in her own world now.

Buckingham McVie was an offense to Buckingham Nicks. That was her thing with Lindsey, something only she shared with him. And he destroyed it by doing the same with Christine. Her reasoning, not mine.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 05-09-2019 at 01:46 PM..
Old 05-09-2019, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And with Tom dead she was free from her eternal moral compass to do whatever she wanted. She was free to get rid of Lindsey and to bring Mike into the band.
This is sooo sooo true, and at the real root of the whole debacle. I truly believe she wouldn't want Tom seeing this side of her. And from all I have read about Tom, even though I don't know him personally, I have gathered he was the type of guy that would have been mortified at such actions.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
This is sooo sooo true, and at the real root of the whole debacle. I truly believe she wouldn't want Tom seeing this side of her. And from all I have read about Tom, even though I don't know him personally, I have gathered he was the type of guy that would have been mortified at such actions.
If you read Warren Zanes biography of Petty, you will see how much he values loyalty. He put up with an abusive marriage (as the recipient of the abuse) for over a decade before cutting things off.

He put up with heroin abuse by Howie Epstein for over a decade without letting him go until Howie just could not do the gig, barely showed up for a few concerts. He overlooked fireable offenses from Stan Lynch for seven years (arguably more, if you count failure to execute in the studio) before finally pulling the plug. One manager his entire career.

It may well be he was not one to judge others for doing otherwise, but he obviously lived his life placing a high value on loyalty.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How could she even say that?! What a total diss to Lindsey Buckingham. She treats him like an afterthought or an insignificant part of the most popular incarnation of FM that SHE shared with him.. But then again that speech she gave was so thoughtless, unprepared, rambling, ungrateful, and just so full of narcissistic self glory. I guess that's to be expected.?