Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Vote NOW - LB vs Jimmy Page (today only?) - greatest guitarist poll

http://www.guitarworld.com/poll-grea...medium=twitter
Old 06-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

AT 11:12 (ct) Jimmy is winning with 138 votes (LB 24 votes).
these polls are obviously answered by fans and I'm not surprised JP got more than LB. Besides I'm not a Led Zeppelin fan and don't know much about their music (except the singles), but probably even critics will think JP is better.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Won't allow more than one vote!
Old 06-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted Lindsey since I'm not a Led Zeppelin fan and I don't know very well how Jimmy plays guitar. For me LB is a guitar genius, it's a pity he received only 89 votes.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
I voted Lindsey since I'm not a Led Zeppelin fan and I don't know very well how Jimmy plays guitar. For me LB is a guitar genius, it's a pity he received only 89 votes.
yes, Lindsey got ripped off being paired against Jimmy so early.

even if people never heard either of them play, everybody has heard numorous opinions how Page is one of the 4 or 5 greatest rock guitarists... while most people don't even know Lindsey's name, let alone how amazing he is as a guitarist.

doesn't help that the video they have chosen to exemplify LB's guitar provess is Trouble.

so.... GO VOTE FOR LB people - so that at least he doesn't loose as badly as he currently is!!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Page always wins these guitar polls stuff is because he was responsible for this huge generation of guys that learned to play guitar because of him. And he's not a bad player of course. Discerning guitar players know the real answer, though.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, Lindsey got ripped off being paired against Jimmy so early.

even if people never heard either of them play, everybody has heard numorous opinions how Page is one of the 4 or 5 greatest rock guitarists... while most people don't even know Lindsey's name, let alone how amazing he is as a guitarist.

doesn't help that the video they have chosen to exemplify LB's guitar provess is Trouble.

so.... GO VOTE FOR LB people - so that at least he doesn't loose as badly as he currently is!!
You are right, Elle. Page is much better known than Lindsey, but if you talk about Fleetwood Mac almost everyone remember him. They chose a video that doesn't really shows all his talent with guitar. I would have chosen this, for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSwyh...eature=related (when he plays "Big love" it always amazes me).
Now he's 196 votes against 949 for JP...we should suggest them to change the video
Old 06-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Page always wins these guitar polls stuff is because he was responsible for this huge generation of guys that learned to play guitar because of him. And he's not a bad player of course. Discerning guitar players know the real answer, though.
I agree with you. Even if they started playing in the same country and in the same year of FM, the fact that FM have repeatedly changed the band members didn't help. English people still remember Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, Danny Kirwan and of course Bob Welch, since many people could see their concerts during those years, but when they left for U.S. in 1974 many things have changed. This was enough to reduce their popularity in their homeland (a lot of their n.1 hits in the U.S failed to enter in the top 10 in the U.K). The fact that Led Zeppelin have disbanded relatively quickly in 1980 after John Bohnam's death, has consolidated their myth. While FM have ceased to be a British national icon, LZ have always been from the start to the end. And we know that Britain sets trends
Page is not a bad guitar player, as you said. His style is different from Lindsey's style, so for those unfamiliar with both bands or guitar playing it's difficult to vote.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't matter who wins - WE know de truth!!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Don't matter who wins - WE know de truth!!!!

Old 06-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

It's such a shame they didn't put up a link to Big Love instead of Trouble. Most Page fans could have at least appreciated Big Love, however most of them probably ended up thinking that Lindsey is a complete and utter nobody after seeing the Trouble clip.