Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Ledgie

Dear Jeremy,

as I understand it, reading some of your interviews, you didn't like most of the music of FM's contemporaries, Are there any exceptions from that era that you like to listen to?

Last edited by Karl-Heinz; 10-02-2009 at 10:29 AM..
Old 10-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re Teenage Darlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynBlue View Post
Hello Jeremy,

I realize the unfairness in asking you to recall events of forty years earlier, but I was curious if you have any recollection of approximately when 'Teenage Darlin'' was added to the set lists?

The first available full performance of the number currently available is from a January 1970 show at the Fillmore West -

However (there is always an however...), during a show from Den Haag from February 28th 1969, (it is in circulation as being from April of that year but that is incorrect), after a terrific version of 'Blue Suede Shoes', John McVie seems to be playing the bass line of 'Teenage Darling' as the audience wildly applauds that last number.

'Teenage Darling' does not get played, the next song is 'Twist and Shout', (which also remains unheard again until that same 1970 show at the Fillmore)

Would you remember if 'Teenage Darling' was being played as early as February of '69, or was it not introduced until much later?

Again, perfectly understandable if you do not remember - just an itch I was hoping you might be able to scratch

thanks
I could have played this number as early as February 69. Depends on when my first solo album was released. I forget exactly. I would have performed it after that.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default re contemporaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz View Post
Dear Jeremy,

as I understand it, reading some of your interviews, you didn't like most of the music of FM's contemporaries, Are there any exceptions from that era that you like to listen to?
True, Karl. Although I earnestly desired some, I was hard pressed to find anything current I liked, ( and we were handed stacks of releases for free from the record labels!). That's why I went for the 50's.
I liked Neil Young's 'After the Goldrush', however, and some contemporary country stuff from that time, but that music was anathema to the hippie movement! Merle Haggard, Don Gibson and Loretta Lynn etc!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hi Jeremy! One question only.........if you were asked, would you rejoin Fleetwood Mac now?
Old 10-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default would I?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Hi Jeremy! One question only.........if you were asked, would you rejoin Fleetwood Mac now?
If I was asked? No.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Better still, how about joining the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band...now that I would want to see!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default It wouldn't be that much different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Better still, how about joining the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band...now that I would want to see!
Because I would be more or less obliged to tread mostly old ground.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
Because I would be more or less obliged to tread mostly old ground.
Hola Jeremy!

Listened to wat i can of your recent material and from what i´ve heard i prefer it to your stuff with FM. Your obvious passion still shines through but i´m hearing a lot more sophistication for want of a better word....so im looking forward for anything new coming.

Well my question if poss, did you ever get the chance to jam with jimi hendrix or clapton?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Music to my ears, Manastrat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmanastrat View Post
Hola Jeremy!

Listened to wat i can of your recent material and from what i´ve heard i prefer it to your stuff with FM. Your obvious passion still shines through but i´m hearing a lot more sophistication for want of a better word....so im looking forward for anything new coming.

Well my question if poss, did you ever get the chance to jam with jimi hendrix or clapton?
What better compliment can you pay to a musician in his early sixties who feels his best is yet to come?
To answer your question, I never jammed with Jimi, but after playing at a London press conference in 67, he came up to me and told me I had the right thing for Elmore James that other cats didn't. That was quite the encouragement! Eric? Pete was jamming with him at a rehearsal in Boston and he asked me if I wanted to join in. I declined out of fear and intimidation, and Joe Walsh took my place!
Anyway, thanks,
Jeremy.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
What better compliment can you pay to a musician in his early sixties who feels his best is yet to come?
To answer your question, I never jammed with Jimi, but after playing at a London press conference in 67, he came up to me and told me I had the right thing for Elmore James that other cats didn't. That was quite the encouragement! Eric? Pete was jamming with him at a rehearsal in Boston and he asked me if I wanted to join in. I declined out of fear and intimidation, and Joe Walsh took my place!
Anyway, thanks,
Jeremy.
Cheers Jeremy, awesome to have questions answered by a genuine legend of blues!

Im feeling cheeky and i would like you to have a listen to some songs i made if you can get the chance
http://www.reverbnation.com/leewymer
Old 10-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Songwriting

Jeremy,

I'm curious about the writing of the original songs on Precious Little. In the notes, you mentioned that the title track had been recently written, and the melody for Maria de Santiago had been written seven years earlier. Is there any other information you can share on how and/or when the songs on the album were written?

Do you currently write songs regularly?

P.S.
I attended the slide guitar workshop at the Chicago blues festival and the earlier Fitzgerald's show, and very much enjoyed both of them.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default I have seen this one earlier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Jeremy,

I'm curious about the writing of the original songs on Precious Little. In the notes, you mentioned that the title track had been recently written, and the melody for Maria de Santiago had been written seven years earlier. Is there any other information you can share on how and/or when the songs on the album were written?

Do you currently write songs regularly?

P.S.
I attended the slide guitar workshop at the Chicago blues festival and the earlier Fitzgerald's show, and very much enjoyed both of them.
There was a lot to answer, Hitch! But I appreciate your interest. Did I meet you there?
Actually 'Maria' temporarily had lyrics before about a totally different subject, which I was not satisfied with, so to my mind it was definitive when it changed to be about the saint . The liner notes of Precious Little covered the writing of "Psychic Waste' and "Serene Serena" I believe. "Many Sparrows" I wrote in England in 2001 and 'Bitter lemon' I wrote just before doing the 'In Session' video/CD a couple of months prior to recording 'Precious'.
'Trouble and Woe' I wrote with a piano playing friend while doing the 2000 Indian concert.
I have a few songs in the works, I just have to get down to business and finish them! It's often a lyrical issue. If you are a praying man, please do so for my lyrical laziness!
Sincerely, Jeremy.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Thanks

Jeremy,

Thanks for the information on the songs.

“Did I meet you there?”
No, I didn't have the opportunity to meet you, but again, really enjoyed the performances.

“If you are a praying man, please do so for my lyrical laziness!”
I'll see what I can do! Both for you and for those of us who look forward to hearing more of your work.

Best regards,
Hitch
Old 10-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Ledgie

Jeremy,
Question for you.... When an Original Fleetwood Mac album is released like the Shrine 69 concert from Dinky Dawson or The BBC Sessions, or any of the other 'unreleased recording sessions' that have been released to the public in the past 10+ years or so, are you ever asked about your material that is to be included? Do you have any input into which of your songs are used?
-Al
Old 10-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And related to the above question - do you get proper royalties from these collections of old material? Sometimes it doesn't seem all that clear who owns the music. I'd like to think that when I buy this stuff, the musicians still see the benefit.