User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Mick could roll her out in a wheelbarrow .LOL.

Sorry I stole that from your sig.
I'm sure that he doesn't want credit, but I stole that from "David", years ago.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm sure that he doesn't want credit, but I stole that from "David", years ago.
Hshshshshsha.OK.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-11-2016, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Personally, I just want all members of the band to be happy. They need to either come to an agreement or set their differences aside to make a compromise that works for everyone. Hopefully something happens that makes all fans happy too. At the end of the day we can take solace in the fact that all 5 current members of FM are still with us and have given many years of great music. We as just fans can not necessarily control or influence what FM do and arguing is really getting us nowhere other than dividing the fanbase based on things that are out our hands. At least we can all agree that we joined this website because of our love of Fleetwood Mac!
Old 12-11-2016, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I remember as a kid waiting in line for Fleetwood Mac tickets listening to "fans" say the most horrible things about the rest of the band. "No one comes to see Christine.....Stevie is so beautiful, Chris is so ugly." "I wish Lindsey did not sing so we can hear more Stevie songs." This all coming from people who would camp out to be first in line to get tickets to a Mac show.
sounds like FM fans were always divided. and that sentence about judging Stevie's vs Christine's looks? wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
Just because Stevie is my favourite member doesn't mean I don't love the other 4. I'm actually really proud of Stevie for going out and doing what makes her happy with this solo tour. While I would love a new album with all 5, I understand Stevie's reluctance. However, if the other 4 want to go ahead and release an album that's fine with me; I would love to hear new music. And while I personally wouldn't attend a show without Stevie there, I have no problem with a small 4 piece tour for those who would like to see it.
i can understand this, i think. i was trying to dissect which members of the band i would go see solo or in different combinations, and who i would not. unlike many people here who are primarily FM fans, i am primarily LB fan. FM without Lindsey is not interesting to me (well, Peter Green's original version would be, but that version will never tour again). i would not go see Fleetwood Mac if Lindsey was not there. so i can understand when SN fans say they will not go see FM without Stevie.

i would go see Mick solo / with his blues band. i would love to see him with Steven Tyler at the roof of his restaurant in Maui! i would be really curious to see Christine solo. i have no interest in seeing Stevie solo, and even though i'd love to see the Pretenders, i skipped their show with Stevie in my area and will wait for Chrissie or the Pretenders to come around on their own, hopefully in smaller venues.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think that SN fans are bitter about FM...

It's the other way around...FM fans are bitter about SN.

Some more bitter than others and the main reason is lack of new music.

I also (as others do) think SN is not capable of writing new material.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nope, she said that it wouldn't be good. that they can never recapture the magic of their heyday anymore. plus that it wouldn't sell so what's the point.
Stevie thinks touring is the better plan, simply because of Fleetwood Mac's dynamics.

"Do we want to go and close ourselves up in a studio for a year, [and] make a record that’s really good but that probably won’t sell, because records don’t really sell that much?" she asks. "And then we'll have been stuffed together for a year in one room, and...when you come out of that room, we may not want to go on a tour!"

http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/...wood-mac-album

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 12-11-2016 at 12:30 PM..
Old 12-11-2016, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I don't think that SN fans are bitter about FM...

It's the other way around...FM fans are bitter about SN.

Some more bitter than others and the main reason is lack of new music.

I also (as others do) think SN is not capable of writing new material.
see what you are saying would all reasonably make sense. but every time someone would mention a possibility of FM album being released without SN, we would see bunch of hate being thrown that person's way - and bunch of badmouthing of the other members of FM, basically claiming that without SN they are nothing. that sure sounds like bitterness (or worse) to me.

i think someone here said it's because many SN fans behave like they have to stand behind anything she says and does, and are defending her honor somehow. i've seen many posts or groups on social media where saying - hey i didn't like the boots SN wore today - would get you banned. people on those sites praise how "positive" those sites are, vs a place like here where all opinions and civil arguments are welcome. probably even if you go to SN forum here, you will read a lot of dumping on the Rumours forum and how there are just bunch of SN "haters" here.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Probably even if you go to SN forum here, you will read a lot of dumping on the Rumours forum and how there are just bunch of SN "haters" here.
Actually 90% of the posts there are me and Danielle's reporting reviews and photos of Stevie's current tour.
People both here and there have a wrong perception of what's in the other forum, I wasn't aware that so many people never (or almost) venture in the other sub-forums to this point.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Actually 90% of the posts there are me and Danielle's reporting reviews and photos of Stevie's current tour.
People both here and there have a wrong perception of what's in the other forum, I wasn't aware that so many people never (or almost) venture in the other sub-forums to this point.
but it makes sense. if i am not SN fan, why would i go into forum that discusses her solo career? or the other way around, people who obviously don't like LB or CM and are belittling them at every opportunity, without ever hearing any of their solo music, why would they go to their solo forums?

if someone is actually just SN fan, unless they are also a FM fan, they probably don't have much interest in what the whole band is doing, unless Stevie is doing something with the band.

just for the record, there were a few times i went to SN forum and posted something. if i get an info that i think would help fans there (like presale passwords), i have no reason not to share with fans who'd like to have that. but there were also times (usually the same day!) when i expressed my opinion about something or other there, and was rudely attacked and told to stay out of SN forum.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
but it makes sense. if i am not SN fan, why would i go into forum that discusses her solo career? or the other way around, people who obviously don't like LB or CM and are belittling them at every opportunity, without ever hearing any of their solo music, why would they go to their solo forums?

if someone is actually just SN fan, unless they are also a FM fan, they probably don't have much interest in what the whole band is doing, unless Stevie is doing something with the band.

just for the record, there were a few times i went to SN forum and posted something. if i get an info that i think would help fans there (like presale passwords), i have no reason not to share with fans who'd like to have that. but there were also times (usually the same day!) when i expressed my opinion about something or other there, and was rudely attacked and told to stay out of SN forum.
I wasn't talking about you in particular, just noticing a particular general tendency as more people happened to say something similar.
However if I am a fan of the band in its entirety I'd check once in a while all the forums (even if I wouldn't comment) of its members, especially as you say during the periods of activity together. I just couldn't really say that I love a band If I don't care about a part of its input.
I don't doubt someone said that to you, in truth since I write at least every once in a while in every sub-forum it happened to me at least once in each one of them. But I don't think we shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 12-11-2016 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 12-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What I see which I find worthy of ridicule and mockery is those who have an opinion on something that they've never heard or experienced. So many people don't know anything about someone's solo career or about the Say You Will album or the EP, yet they never hesitate to tell you how awful it is. Or they say they listen to something for 15 seconds and concluded it was bad. If attention deficit is so egregious that you can't listen to something, then have the courtesy not to talk about it. Just recuse yourself from that particular conversation. And the fact that you hated something someone has done in the past is no excuse to conclude that *everything* they do is trash. People change, talent changes.

Just like I don't want casual fans to judge all of Fleetwood Mac by One album, be in a good or a bad one, I don't express opinions about individual artists based on what I haven't seen or heard, as opposed to what I have.

Once you tell me that something is awful but you've never heard it, then I lose complete interest in anything you have to say. Michele
Old 12-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
However if I am a fan of the band in its entirety I'd check once in a while all the forums (even if I wouldn't comment) of its members, especially as you say during the periods of activity together. I just couldn't really say that I love a band If I don't care about a part of its input.
right, and that's why it's so surprising that all these people who are claiming to be Fleetwood Mac fans have been coming out saying how "if Stevie's not there, i don't care about the band".

if 4/5th of the band are doing something, i don't see how you can claim you can't care less about their output if you are a fan of the band. in that case, i think you are a fan of Stevie and whatever she does - whether it's solo, with the band, as a part of some duet etc. you don't care about anything Fleetwood Mac other than Stevie.

and it goes the other way, and with other band members. i learned to love Fleetwood Mac, but i'm definitely not a fan of the band, i'm a LB fan. I'm a fan of what he does, solo or with the band or with others, and i like his solo output better than his band output actually. of course there' so much more of his solo output than his output with the band - because, let's face it, this band has been on ice and hardly prolific for long periods of their existence.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can we take a second to appreciate the irony of Stevies likely last song contribution to the band being a song titled 'Without You' of all things?
Old 12-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Junior Ledgie

What I wanna know is why anybody thinks the band members even care.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Most people are not mad at Stevie or Fleetwood Mac because they don't know this drama is going on here on this fan board! Check with your friends. They know nothing about it yet.