User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
How long did it take to get your question answered, out of curiosity?
I sent the question around 8am EST yesterday (Tues) and checked his blog later the same day around 8pm EST, which is when he posted the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
so did you get the answer you wanted?? (a picture speaks a thousand words)
Perhaps. lol If anything, at least we got a new picture out of it!

Last edited by Nickingham; 08-20-2014 at 12:44 AM..
Old 08-20-2014, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Guess I was too polite!
He does seem to be answering so quite rudely worded questions, especially about the Mac cash-in tours. Maybe he likes rude?

I asked the question about "Time", if he had any particular favourites from Lindsey, Stevie or Christine's solo work and how the elimination process worked for songs that didn't make the album, but he only answered the one.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I asked why they left Lindsey saying f*** on the chain.

No reply.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
I asked why they left Lindsey saying f*** on the chain.

No reply.
Ater repeated listens, sadly, I really think Lindsey is saying saying "four" as in one-two-three-four.

He answered my question about Peter Green playing at the end of "Brown Eyes", saying that he didn't think he did. So the mystery deepens. Lindsey didn't think he did, Peter can't remember, but still Mick's book, Bob Brunning's (fwiw) book and Martin Celmin's official biography of Peter have the story.

I can't believe those last few notes at the end are Lindsey. It doesn't sound like his playing at all. My personal theory is that Peter and Mick were messing about in the studio one evening and the fragment got recorded. Mick himself added it to the mix or asked Ken to do it...
Old 08-20-2014, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

interesting to read what people asked and didn't get answered. i initially thought he's choosing not to answer questions that may perhaps be perceived as more sensitive, but now it seems completely random. he might be answering when he's online and so it may just be a timing of the question.

i asked 6 questions and he answered 3 of those. some of my questions were really nice (thanking him for doing the blog etc - he responded to that one), others were potentially sensitive, and he responded to some of those but not others.

either way, every time he did respond, the response came within minutes after i asked.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-20-2014, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Same here. I asked about his experiences during Out Of The Cradle probably 5 days ago. Nothing.
I asked about Mirage and never got a response. He's probably deluged with questions and is only picking the ones he feels,like answering. Understandable.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

either way, every time he did respond, the response came within minutes after i asked.
So, it seems like when you know he is online, questions you post then have the best chance of getting picked.

i would ask some questions, but I don't want to deal with Tumblr.

Michele
Old 08-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I can't believe those last few notes at the end are Lindsey. It doesn't sound like his playing at all. My personal theory is that Peter and Mick were messing about in the studio one evening and the fragment got recorded. Mick himself added it to the mix or asked Ken to do it...
I think the argument that Mick would have made sure Peter got credit is a pretty strong one though.

Michele
Old 08-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
So, it seems like when you know he is online, questions you post then have the best chance of getting picked.

i would ask some questions, but I don't want to deal with Tumblr.

Michele
why is that, I'm just curious..? You don't have to create an account or sign in to ask a question. If you click the "ask me something" tab on his page it lets you ask a question as "Anonymous".
Old 08-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
why is that, I'm just curious..? You don't have to create an account or sign in to ask a question. If you click the "ask me something" tab on his page it lets you ask a question as "Anonymous".
Oh, I thought you had to sign in.

Michele
Old 08-20-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Oh, I thought you had to sign in.

Michele
I did, too.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the argument that Mick would have made sure Peter got credit is a pretty strong one though.
Although, knowing Peter, he may have requested not being credited.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Although, knowing Peter, he may have requested not being credited.

The fact that he wasn't credited on Night Watch on Penguin would support that. We know for certain(from Bob Welch's Q & A) that Peter played on that:

Pete was at the studio all day as I remember, just sitting in the corner, not saying anything.
I don't know who's idea it was, but he went down into the echo-chamber in the basement, and played along with "Nightwatch" from there.

We couldn't see him or anything, and he just did what he wanted. It was very late at night, and we'd all had quite a bit to drink.

Pete didn't make any comments after he recorded...It was the band's judgement to mix his playing with the end of the song.

Yes he was in "bad shape"...but remember, I never knew him when he was in "good" shape....I had to go by what Mick and John told me he had been like.

Ciao.

Doubtless he wasn't very well at the time of Tusk either -didn't he refuse to sign a recording contract with Warners that Mick had arranged because he thought he was entering a contract with the devil... or so the story goes.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 08-20-2014 at 03:59 PM..
Old 08-20-2014, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

interesting to see this answered - we were wondering on this board whether what Ken said about Richard and Lindsey's relationship had some truth to it:

Anonymous: Thanks for talking to us Richard. Members of Fleetwood Mac aren't big on communicating with fans, so this is a real treat! You've probably been the closest person to the individual members besides their own families. I respect how you haven't sold them out, unlike some associates, so it's cool if you don't want to answer this. Is it true what Ken said, Lindsey never paid you for years of work you did for him? Is that why you and LB lost contact for decades? Ken's spin leaves that impression.

With all due respect to Ken, that is absolutely untrue. First of all, Lindsey was not only generous with his money to me but the time he spent educating me, being my mentor, best friend, & advocate, is worth far more than mere money. Please, I owe this guy for the fabric of my very life which would have looked a lot different if not for his creative efforts. I think a lot of other people owe him for this too, if they really look at it close enough & dig deep within their own soul. The differences Lindsey & I had which led to the bifurcation of our creative efforts together were far more complex than me not feeling I was paid or cheated by him in anyway. I wish I could explain exactly why we lost contact for years, I’m still trying to figure that one out myself, & will share with the class as soon as I have a clue. At this point, looking back, I am willing to take responsibility for any split in our relationship & harbor absolutely no ill feelings to Lindsey or any other band member for that matter. I am but humbled & privileged to have been a part, however small or large history relegates to me. Thanks for the question.

….r

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I must admit that I was very pleased to read that.

Ken has been more bittersweet towards Lindsey, it's clear that he doesn't like his personality. It's good to also read the stories from someone who has no problem at all with that same personality.