Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Even then, there seems a bit of a skeptical tone in Lindsey's voice when he said it.
To me, it just sounds like the way Lindsey always speaks... he stops & starts a lot, and chooses his words carefully. He was doing that throughout the minute-long clip before he even brought up Stevie.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
It's possible it's a recent development, but it's also very possible she's assured them all along that she will record with them. Like we've discussed before, even though they didn't come right out and say "yes, Stevie will be on this album," they also never used any "ifs" when discussing her working with them. Only that it was a question of "how" and "when." To me that always implied it was an inevitability.

Maybe the reason he's talking about it now, is that they've locked in a time-frame for her involvement.
I agree, it's probably the "when" that's finally been agreed upon. I think most of us assumed, considering they were confident enough to spend two months on new stuff knowing they would never release an album without Stevie (as wishful as some were that they would), that Stevie would participate eventually. But there were theories that she would go off and do her solo thing following this tour....or that she would need a break from the band as she always talks about....so I think the real issue was, well when will she participate so they can get this new album complete. Now we have a tentative time table for it which is great. Hopefully it pans out...that's a long time from now so you never know what could change in the meantime, but at least we know that's the plan.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-08-2014 at 01:38 PM..
Old 05-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well this may be a recent development. Maybe a recent conversation they had. I don't think it's something they knew all along.
No, I doubt it's something they knew all along and their earlier comments were designed to telegraph the fact that they didn't know in order to pressure Stevie into giving them an assurance.

Michele
Old 05-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Scratch my last post. We finally have confirmation of an agreement by Stevie to participate. And that they plan for it to happen following the tour. That's great news. Not disappointing to me at all, because I figured they never had any intention of putting the album out before the tour.
Oh, I knew they had no intention of putting that album out before the tour, even if the album was already complete they weren't going to put it out. Even if they had already shot the cover and had CDs in packages ready to ship, they weren't putting it out before the tour.

I was hoping that they would put it out before the second leg, but that doesn't seem like it's coming to fruition.

As for Stevie being the reason for the delay, oh I definitely think she's caused a delay in the album. They didn't have her agreement. But I never thought she was the reason it wasn't coming out BEFORE the tour. They were never going to do that anyway.

Michele
Old 05-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Same interview, but I believe the one sentence from Christine about FM taking a long time is different]

Classic 94.9 Rock

http://pro.wmmq-fm.tritonflex.com/co...DE6840A&mode=2

Using the same Los Angeles studio where the band recorded 1979's Tusk, Fleetwood Mac recently wrapped up nearly two months of sessions that included tracking new material written by returning member Christine McVie.

"We got in the studio not knowing what to expect, and the chemistry was just unbelievable," singer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham tells Billboard. "We got eight tracks very far along, like, 75 percent done. It just played out really organically in a way that seemed appropriate."

McVie, whose return to Fleetwood Mac was officially announced in January after a 16-year break, adds, "There's a wide variety, starting from sort of blues-based songs to very commercial songs. It's very, very exciting. We get chills when we hear them. They sound really fresh."

By Buckingham's count, the band has "about 14 or 15 things" in the works, prompting him to joke that he'll be "pushing for a double album," a la Tusk.

"We haven't finished what we've done here," McVie says. "Fleetwood Mac always take a long time to make a record."

The band will begin rehearsals in July for its North American tour, which starts in Minneapolis on September 30.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, I doubt it's something they knew all along and their earlier comments were designed to telegraph the fact that they didn't know in order to pressure Stevie into giving them an assurance.
Hopefully they have a more reliable way of communicating with each other, than hints made during interviews. If one of them ever cancels their magazine and newspaper subscriptions, they're all screwed!
Old 05-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Hopefully they have a more reliable way of communicating with each other, than hints made during interviews. If one of them ever cancels their magazine and newspaper subscriptions, they're all screwed!
I'm sure they resort to press when personal communications reach a stalemate, which is why Mick told Playboy he didn't think FM would ever tour again, when he knew they would. He just didn't have the date for the tour that he wanted, as it was delayed for a year.

Michele
Old 05-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Damn. Christine says she's going back to England until tour rehearsals. There goes my dream tat I had where Chris, Lindsey and mick could've done a very low key tour in tiny venues, not called fleetwood Mac because of the lack of John, who usually sits out any side project.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Damn. Christine says she's going back to England until tour rehearsals. There goes my dream tat I had where Chris, Lindsey and mick could've done a very low key tour in tiny venues, not called fleetwood Mac because of the lack of John, who usually sits out any side project.
Now, I wouldn't want them to do tiny venues or any multiple appearances, but Christine showed up with Mick's band in Hawaii and it would have been sweet if Christine and Lindsey could do a little one off appearance with Mick at the same time at some Hawaiian gig.

That would be a nice little video nugget to have.

Michele
Old 05-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
No sarcasm at all. This really happened and was discussed on other threads. Myself and many others were witnesses at various shows.
yes. and i fully expect it to happen again. you can easily find tweets from young girls saying how they are counting on their "fabulous tits to get them to the stage in front of LB" at upcoming FM shows just like in 2013.

although would you agree that better characterization of that would be ego trip (i'll loosely define it as trying to convince himself he's still hot by having young pretty girls screaming for him) as opposed to a power trip (trying to convince your peers or others that you are more important than them and using that power to get your way)?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Now, I wouldn't want them to do tiny venues or any multiple appearances, but Christine showed up with Mick's band in Hawaii and it would have been sweet if Christine and Lindsey could do a little one off appearance with Mick at the same time at some Hawaiian gig.

That would be a nice little video nugget to have.

Michele
that would be cool. who knows, Christine said she's coming back to the US in July, and Lindsey always mentions he vacations in HI usually in July (different island, but close enough!), so maybe they can make it happen?! how amazing would be to witness that??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. and i fully expect it to happen again. you can easily find tweets from young girls saying how they are counting on their "fabulous tits to get them to the stage in front of LB" at upcoming FM shows just like in 2013.

although would you agree that better characterization of that would be ego trip (i'll loosely define it as trying to convince himself he's still hot by having young pretty girls screaming for him) as opposed to a power trip (trying to convince your peers or others that you are more important than them and using that power to get your way)?
Well, although they are different words technically, I'd say "power trip" and "ego trip" are pretty interchangable.

Jamie
Old 05-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who says that! Only the classiest of the broads, I'm sure. Anyways, that's the way it's been done since the beginning of rock n roll, the only difference is social media these days allowing these thoughts to be so readily... vocalized? (Can't find the word I'm looking for.)
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand that Stevie's lack of involvement in the album so far may have delayed proceedings, but ultimately, it's the band tour that is going to create the biggest delay. I just hope that a second leg doesn't come to fruition so that everyone (including you know who) can reconvene in the studio as of January 2015. I say this in the knowledge that it would mean no Australian shows for this tour as they typically come here in February/March, but I'd much rather forfeit a show and have them resume recording. I also worry that the longer the album is in abeyance, the more likely it could be that it never gets released.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are incorrigible.

Michele