User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Butch Walker

Any fans round these parts?

I just saw him live for the first time tonight. Relatively, I haven't been into him that long (six months or so) but it's been a pretty quick sell and I love his solo albums, Sycamore Meadows most still at the moment. Just starting to go back a little further, after getting his live album and song-crushing HARD on "Cigarette Lighter Love Song" (which he played tonight, ahhhh!). He puts on such a good show, so full of energy and stage presence and awesomeness. And for the last song, he came off the stage for a dance party and was just a few people away! I'd go see him again in a second.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I liked "Left of Self-Centered" and really liked "Letters"... Never got to see him live... but he played quite often in Atlanta when I lived there. I don't know why I didn't go see him.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Butch! I used to get teased about him, I worked at his record company when Letters was released and he came in to our office to perform for us in our conference room. Even though he looked like he hadn't washed his hair in about six days, I thought he was dreamy.

By the time picture time came, everyone kept shoving me up to the front - "Hayley, stand next to Butch! Oh, Hayley needs another pic. No, take four more. Butch, can you grab her butt for this shot? Lick her face!"

I like Letters a lot but I really love the Rise and Fall album. Where was he playing in NYC? Glad you had fun
Old 05-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley View Post
I like Butch! I used to get teased about him, I worked at his record company when Letters was released and he came in to our office to perform for us in our conference room. Even though he looked like he hadn't washed his hair in about six days, I thought he was dreamy.

By the time picture time came, everyone kept shoving me up to the front - "Hayley, stand next to Butch! Oh, Hayley needs another pic. No, take four more. Butch, can you grab her butt for this shot? Lick her face!"

I like Letters a lot but I really love the Rise and Fall album. Where was he playing in NYC? Glad you had fun
Aww! Can't say I find him all that attractive myself yet as the night wore on and he got sweatier and the leather jacket went away and the tattoos came out, I still kind of found myself attracted to him? I think it's just as much the energy and the presence as the look!

He played at Webster Hall, which was a pretty perfect venue aside from the fact that it's also a dance club. Butch spent the whole show worrying that they were going to get cut off by dance music penetrating the floor and I think they actually played a shortened set because of it before finding out they had more time than they thought and coming out and playing a few more and having the aforementioned dance party.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Butch is amazing. I have pretty much everything that he has commercially released. His live shows are mesmerizing - more energy than I can describe.
Sycamore Meadows was my favorite release that year. His new one with The Black Widows, "I LIKED YOU BETTER WHEN YOU HAD NO HEART" is fantastic.

Butch Walker is one hell of an artist. And a nice guy, too.

rbs
Old 05-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really stuck on his live album "Leavin' the Game on Luckie Street" right now. I'm kind of working backwards as far as the solo albums go so I've gotten to know the earlier solo songs in their live versions and they are so explosive. The energy of his shows transfers amazingly to record and through the speakers!

I also can't get enough of his Queen medley from "Cover Me Badd", aaaaah.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm probably the biggest Butch Walker fan on the Ledge. He's amazing - just saw him in Madison and Chicago. I raved about him plenty in the various Taylor Swift/Stevie/Grammy threads.

Last edited by Livia; 05-23-2010 at 03:52 PM..
Old 08-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Time for a resurrection (it breaks my wild heart to see Bruce's post in this old thread...)

Tour Ticket Pre-Sale 8/16 3PM EST:

Two (2) ticket options for most shows:

1. Regular Event Ticket

2 . The Butch Walker Enhanced Early Entry Bundle is $25 on top of the ticket price. Each package includes:

- A General Admission ticket with Early Entry
- One limited edition, signed & numbered Butch Walker Screen Print
- One Commemorative VIP Laminate

http://tixx1.artistarena.com/b​utchwalker/

Last edited by Livia; 08-15-2011 at 11:39 PM..
Old 08-16-2011, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Very excited about the tour! He's playing two shows here in NYC (one in Manhattan, one in Brooklyn) so I'm probably going to plan on both of those. Seriously can't wait, his live show is one of the best I've been to!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He tweeted that he promised there will be west coast dates and he'd tell us later. But I'm not waiting for that...

I'm freaking the eff out because I can't find or figure out my artistarena password. I clicked the "forgot my password," link and all they sent me was my password clue, which didn't help. I emailed their customer service last night and still haven't heard back from them. I'm so mad at myself for this, I'm usually very organized about this sort of thing, passwords and user names...

ETA: Never heard from artistarena- had to create a new user account with my work email. I bought the VIP package for Orlando (on Halloween!) and a regular ticket for Ft. Lauderdale. A lot of the presales sold out in less than 15 minutes, so you might wanna get on it asap.

Last edited by Livia; 08-16-2011 at 02:46 PM..
Old 08-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It seems like all his official pre-sales went SUPER fast, the NYC show was gone in minutes. I can't imagine that there aren't still tickets though, he's playing a 600 capacity venue in NYC. Hopefully I can grab some tix through the LiveNation pre-sale on Thursday.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, the internet presales go VERY quickly, but I'm guessing they only sold 50-100 tickets for each city yesterday. On his last tour, they did meet and greets with the first 30 people in each city who bought pre-sale tix.

Yesterday, I was online at exactly 3 PM EST for the Florida tickets. The venue in Orlando only holds about 250 - I love that place. Yeah, you should be fine for NYC. The general public sale is Friday.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And we thought the video trailer for In Your Dreams was good...this is just...wow! Watch the video first, and then read Butch's description. Reason #4,672 to love this man...

Old 08-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GoMerch can suck it. They've never delivered a pre-order on time and this album is no exception. I got an email from them on Saturday, saying they were "prepping each order to begin sending out..." and are using Irene as an excuse for upcoming mail delays.

In order to insure deliveries by the street date (tomorrow), shouldn't they have already shipped them, before Irene was "born?"

I could always buy the CD tomorrow at Waterloo Records, but then I'd end up with 2...again. Not necessarily a bad thing, since I will be playing one at home and one in the car every day for at least a week. I just hope the vinyl that comes with my pre-order package doesn't melt on my front porch before I can get it inside.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just finished my first listen after buying it on iTunes. Loving it so much! Such a great vibe to it, lots of energy and spunk. Can't wait to see him in a few months!