Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2023, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb An album of original music

Greetings everyone! I haven't posted on here in a long time, but I still visit this site regularly as my news source for FM-related topics and to read all of your thoughts. I just released an album of original songs through CDBaby that I've been working on over the last year, and this was the first place I thought of for where I wanted to share it! I have to make a disclaimer that I am not a professional musician, singer or songwriter. These songs were made just for fun and not meant to be taken too seriously. When I was in my teens and early twenties, I used to record parody songs to entertain my family and wrote some original music that mostly was left incomplete. Garageband gave me lots of tools to flesh out songwriting ideas and create decently-produced tracks. Overall I'm fairly pleased with these songs, and I hope at least some of you will enjoy them. I think my love of 70's, 80's and 90's music - especially that of bands/groups like Fleetwood Mac, ABBA, Phil Collins/Genesis, etc - shows through. I hope there is at least a modicum of originality that makes these songs interesting and enjoyable too. In listening to them and in retrospect, I was surprised how much I hear some influences of Lindsey's music in particular. I look forward to hearing some of your thoughts if you decide to take a listen!

Last edited by jeffd8382; 08-15-2023 at 01:51 PM..
Old 08-20-2023, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Very unique, Jeff! Well done.

In terms of structure I'm reminded of early Genesis.

Very slick production. Impressed you did it all yourself with GarageBand.

I'm glad you chose The Ledge to share your work
Old 08-22-2023, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind compliments, DownOnRodeo. To be thought of in even remotely a similar context to early Genesis is incredibly high praise as far as I’m concerned. I’m so glad you found it to be unique as well. When structuring the songs, I tried to follow where the song felt like it should go without too strictly adhering to traditional pop song structures. I am not a fan of using overly repetitive choruses that want to hammer that hook into your brain, and I hope where it sounds appealing people will want to listen again. 14 songs is a lot for an album, but I felt there was enough variety to keep it interesting from beginning to end. Thanks for listening!
Old 09-22-2023, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd8382 View Post
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind compliments, DownOnRodeo. To be thought of in even remotely a similar context to early Genesis is incredibly high praise as far as I’m concerned. I’m so glad you found it to be unique as well. When structuring the songs, I tried to follow where the song felt like it should go without too strictly adhering to traditional pop song structures. I am not a fan of using overly repetitive choruses that want to hammer that hook into your brain, and I hope where it sounds appealing people will want to listen again. 14 songs is a lot for an album, but I felt there was enough variety to keep it interesting from beginning to end. Thanks for listening!
It is indeed.

I also had a listen and enjoyed it. I have also produced an album of my own work, but after listening to some of yours, decided not to share my work in this thread as it is nowhere near as listenable as your stuff and I don't wanna detract from you. Might share somewhere else, just not a big user of the Ledge anymore in any capacity.
Old 09-27-2023, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
It is indeed.

I also had a listen and enjoyed it. I have also produced an album of my own work, but after listening to some of yours, decided not to share my work in this thread as it is nowhere near as listenable as your stuff and I don't wanna detract from you. Might share somewhere else, just not a big user of the Ledge anymore in any capacity.
Thanks so much for listening, and I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I'd be happy to listen to your album too! I don't know if you use Facebook or are already familiar with many groups on there. One good group I can recommend called "Songwriters and Songs" is an encouraging place to share your music:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2046786148957568

Tags
album, interesting, lindsey, original music