User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
That's utter bull****. She is not responsible for a cardiovascular disease that has a genetic component. She is also not responsible for his anger issues and she has not been around him for a year now.
But if World War 3 breaks out, you'll sure find a way to make Stevie responsible for that, too.

I really hope that he can make a full recovery, that pic is so sad and horrifying, you can see that he went to hell and back. My dad had a heart attack at the same age, he had open heart surgery, too, he needed nearly a year to recover, but then, he was really fine again.
Bull! Everyone knows she got him kicked out of the band that he made famous for “smirking” at her. One of the most juvenile, self-centered reasons ever. She gave the band an ultimatum about a man who was almost 70 years and who had been a band mate for decades. She put him and his family through hell and a lawsuit. Totally selfish. She is a taker. He is a giver. He gave the band his best work and got kicked out by the petty princess. If he would of died, she would somehow make his death all about her pain. She would be the victim, someway, somehow.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:07 PM
Junior Ledgie

Sending lots of love and prayers to our Lindsey. When I first read about this I was so angry at the band. But after reading other posts stating it was perhaps a good thing he was home and not a stressful FM tour I tend to agree. He sure didn't need the stress of being on tour with Stevie...
Old 02-08-2019, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Bull! Everyone knows she got him kicked out of the band that he made famous for “smirking” at her. One of the most juvenile, self-centered reasons ever. She gave the band an ultimatum about a man who was almost 70 years and who had been a band mate for decades. She put him and his family through hell and a lawsuit. Totally selfish. She is a taker. He is a giver. He gave the band his best work and got kicked out by the petty princess. If he would of died, she would somehow make his death all about her pain. She would be the victim, someway, somehow.
What part in: "He has a a genetic disposal for cardiovascular diseases" did you not process?
Old 02-08-2019, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
This is a sad situation, but the idea that anyone needs to remain in a personal or professional relationship they don't want to be in, because ending the relationship might somehow indirectly trigger a latent health problem, is a deeply misguided and disturbing suggestion.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarod View Post
Sending lots of love and prayers to our Lindsey. When I first read about this I was so angry at the band. But after reading other posts stating it was perhaps a good thing he was home and not a stressful FM tour I tend to agree. He sure didn't need the stress of being on tour with Stevie...
Based off everything he ever said about it, I think that getting pushed out of the band was probably 10x more stressful than any spats with Stevie. I wouldn’t be surprised if the strain from it over the past year partially contributed to making him sick. That being said, to blame his health conditions on anyone else is ridiculous.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:39 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Based off everything he ever said about it, I think that getting pushed out of the band was probably 10x more stressful than any spats with Stevie. I wouldn’t be surprised if the strain from it over the past year partially contributed to making him sick. That being said, to blame his health conditions on anyone else is ridiculous.
I agree what they did must have caused him massive amounts of stress but I was looking at it in a more fatalistic way. What if this heart attack had happened (on tour w FM) anyway because of his genetic predisposition for heart disease. The stressors of being on the road may have made it much worse!
Old 02-08-2019, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe there is good stress and bad stress and that the physical requirements of touring with the Big Machine is distinct from the emotions involved in being kicked out of the band and feeling anger, hurt, betrayal and depression. I don’t think the ouster was a boon to his health.

I know about his history. After all, Stevie is the one who boasted she handed the phone to him when he got the news that his father died. I think his brother’s death softened estranged relations with the band and caused him to appear at the end of the BTM tour. Yes, this fear has long been lurking. This is a family health problem, but like any other physical element it can be triggered and it was.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Morgana
This message has been deleted by Morgana.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
This is a sad situation, but the idea that anyone needs to remain in a personal or professional relationship they don't want to be in, because ending the relationship might somehow indirectly trigger a latent health problem, is a deeply misguided and disturbing suggestion.
What they did, firing him with a phone call and without a reason, is equally disturbing. Trying to find out what you did wrong for over a year can cause a lot of stress.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
That's utter bull****. She is not responsible for a cardiovascular disease that has a genetic component. She is also not responsible for his anger issues and she has not been around him for a year now.
But if World War 3 breaks out, you'll sure find a way to make Stevie responsible for that, too.

I really hope that he can make a full recovery, that pic is so sad and horrifying, you can see that he went to hell and back. My dad had a heart attack at the same age, he had open heart surgery, too, he needed nearly a year to recover, but then, he was really fine again.

AncientQueen you are so blessed to have your father with you still. As a heart attack survivor and warrior along with breast cancer let me say this,.......we all all pre-disposed to something that will hit us later in life, sometimes earlier. Your comments about the stress that led to Lindsey's heart condition are calloused and cold. I can tell you this, I was passionate about my career until it ended with a heart attack, Lindsey was as well, ever hear of this?
Takotsubo cardiomyopathy (broken-heart syndrome)

Yeah, its a real thing and my heart attack was from stress and a pre disposed heart condition, familial. STRESS my dear, STRESS! And in case you don't know, Stevie's father had heart problems, so she needs to be aware of this more than ever now. We don't know how much time we have left and Fleetwood Mac pulled the trigger to the stress which resulted in that open heart surgery. Have you ever been passionate about anything in life and cared,loved something or someone with your entire being? When we are and suddenly something happens to hurt us or ends our passionate careers it leads to heart problems, if we are predisposed it may happen sooner than later. We just don't know when tragedy will hit us, do I blame Stevie? Yes, and not just her, but the rest of Fleetwood Mac, but when its time to, "Go Your Own way" sometimes its hard and hurtful and a SHOCK! We need to be thankful for each day we have. I am thankful for the music and their determination to make a positive difference in the world through their music.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Get well Lindsey, our prayers are with you. Thank God you are still with us.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I believe there is good stress and bad stress and that the physical requirements of touring with the Big Machine is distinct from the emotions involved in being kicked out of the band and feeling anger, hurt, betrayal and depression. I don’t think the ouster was a boon to his health.

I know about his history. After all, Stevie is the one who boasted she handed the phone to him when he got the news that his father died. I think his brother’s death softened estranged relations with the band and caused him to appear at the end of the BTM tour. Yes, this fear has long been lurking. This is a family health problem, but like any other physical element it can be triggered and it was.
I'm also remembering this exchange on CBS about his ouster from the band:

Anthony Mason (interviewer): do you feel like you've been kicked out of the family?

LB: I do, but I don't feel that... it was something that was my doing.

Interviewer: But that's gotta hurt

LB: It hurt for a while. I did walk around for a few months with a very visceral reaction to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wvfj0zqBDo&t=402s
Old 02-08-2019, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The band's reaction via social media is a joke, and Stevie's people just retweeting the antiseptic band statement is pathetic. Really? God forbid he hadn't survived this or if he were to have a bad outcome down the road -- any attempts to say how bad she feels will ring hollow.

No class at all. Would it have killed them (no pun intended) to say something a little more human? It was essentially written by lawyers or lame PR people. F U Azoff.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
The band's reaction via social media is a joke, and Stevie's people just retweeting the antiseptic band statement is pathetic. Really? God forbid he hadn't survived this or if he were to have a bad outcome down the road -- any attempts to say how bad she feels will ring hollow.

No class at all. Would it have killed them (no pun intended) to say something a little more human? It was essentially written by lawyers or lame PR people. F U Azoff.
I agree. I realize none of them run their social media pages but whoever does should be fired. The copy and paste just looks stupid.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Don't forget how dismissive and ridiculous the statement the band made when they announced he wasn't touring with them. Total disrespect. Am curious to see if he winds up getting a "Landslide" dedication at some point over the next few shows. Would be par for the course for this crew.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
I highly doubt that whenever that decision was made anyone really had it in their mind at all that it could impact someone’s health so certainly shouldn’t villanize them for it but Lindsey himself and pretty much everyone else who knows him has said that the situation was very, very, very stressful on him and honestly the impact that severe stress has on someone’s health (especially an older person with a family history of heart trouble) can’t ever be underestimated. And considering that he’s said (minus Christine) that no one in the band has contacted him for a year and has actually rebuffed his attempts to speak, they do look like jerks coming out with a “statement” about this. I realize they would probably also look like jerks if they hadn’t said anything at all but all that really tells you is that they are, indeed, jerks.