User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2020, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I remember Bob Welch himself posting something about this on the Penguin site when the movie just came out.
Wow. And I've watched it like five times. But I'm always multitasking, so I guess I just didn't notice before.

Bob was such a good guy. I hate it that he's gone, and wonder if his health might have improved, if he'd just hung in there for longer. I was leaving Nashville(where he lived) the day he killed himself. I'd chatted with him on his site forum a few times, and always wanted to invite him and Wendy out to dinner(my treat, of course), but I never did. I felt like it would feel weird, that I was some stalker fan or something. I instantly regretted at least not asking him, when I heard the news of his death that evening.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Wow. And I've watched it like five times. But I'm always multitasking, so I guess I just didn't notice before.

Bob was such a good guy. I hate it that he's gone, and wonder if his health might have improved, if he'd just hung in there for longer. I was leaving Nashville(where he lived) the day he killed himself. I'd chatted with him on his site forum a few times, and always wanted to invite him and Wendy out to dinner(my treat, of course), but I never did. I felt like it would feel weird, that I was some stalker fan or something. I instantly regretted at least not asking him, when I heard the news of his death that evening.
I know what you mean. Bob was a good man and I was often tempted to visit Nashville just to try and catch up with him. I even offered to buy him a drink should I ever be passing through. He politely demurred...
Old 05-10-2020, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some unknown artist to me, performing an acoustic rendition of the Dixie Chicks version of Landslide on the radio today. Well Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Well Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...the Landslide will bring it down.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard “Maybe Love will Change your Mind” in a CVS pharmacy yesterday.

Last edited by michelej1; 07-02-2020 at 10:33 PM..
Old 06-26-2020, 09:33 AM

In Various stores and radio. I heard Little Lies.. not 1.. 2.. but 3 times yesterday.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was in Sprouts yesterday and heard Rooms on Fire and then I was there today and heard Every Day. Not the usual streaming.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que in Rochester (they have outdoor seating) and heard "Man of the World" on the blues station they were playing.
Old 09-07-2020, 01:02 PM

I was near Palm Springs and the shop I was in had the radio going. I heard, "All 80's Labor Day weekend.." and then it went right into Little Lies.

It sounded so good hearing it on the radio.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Yesterday on the way to work on Sirius Bridge, heard Little Lies followed by Bob Welch's Sentimental Lady (how cool is that... Christine on lead vocals followed by Christine on backing vocals).
On Classic rewind today heard early take of Gold Dust Woman.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:42 PM

After the Glitter Fades!! The Bridge
Old 09-14-2020, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This very second I am in The Cheesecake Factory listening to In My World. I want to shout to all the other diners and identify the artists for them.

So beautiful. In my world everybody stays.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard Go Your Own Way in yet another television commercial today. It took me a minute to recognize it as it was re-done by a female-sounding group. I didn't make it to the tv fast enough to see what product was being sold...but it was definitely a new version of the song and not a commercial I had ever seen before. Seems like that song is fair game and open for almost anyone who wants to use it... I don't recall hearing that LB sold his publishing rights (but maybe he's sold half???) and if not then he'd presumably have some say in whether or not to let the song be used. Maybe he figures by now the song has been so "productized" by FM and the zillion re-issues of Rumours that having it appear in a commercial doesn't harm the long-standing artistic reputation it has.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This very second I am in The Cheesecake Factory listening to In My World. I want to shout to all the other diners and identify the artists for them.

So beautiful. In my world everybody stays.
That's so cool!! A BuckVie tune.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard YMLF in the Goodwills yesterday.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I heard Go Your Own Way in yet another television commercial today. It took me a minute to recognize it as it was re-done by a female-sounding group. I didn't make it to the tv fast enough to see what product was being sold...but it was definitely a new version of the song and not a commercial I had ever seen before. Seems like that song is fair game and open for almost anyone who wants to use it... I don't recall hearing that LB sold his publishing rights (but maybe he's sold half???) and if not then he'd presumably have some say in whether or not to let the song be used. Maybe he figures by now the song has been so "productized" by FM and the zillion re-issues of Rumours that having it appear in a commercial doesn't harm the long-standing artistic reputation it has.
Fleetwood Mac controls use of the song. LB gets money for it, but he can’t control the use of it beyond his role in FM.

You can’t take the money away from him, but you can take the control away from him. You know how that works. Think of Michael Jackson and the Beatles. McCartney couldn’t stop Jackson from putting his songs in commercials. But McCartney still got money from the use of the song.Meanwhile, McCartney owns the right to Buddy Holly songs and “over the river and through the woods.” He decides whether they are used in commercials.

As for GYOW, they are such embarrassing commercials. If it was for something cool like an amazing athletic shoe, that would be great. But it’s for old age medical products.

You can remember Lindsey talking about DS being used. It wasn’t a Christne decision, it was a Fleetwood Mac decision.

BTW, I think Lindsey still remains a member of Fleetwood Mac for that era, but there are five of them and if all of them have input then you know he can easily be outvoted.

Last edited by michelej1; 09-16-2020 at 02:09 AM..