User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2018, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

I happened to see a tweet on Mick Fleetwood’s Twitter today that asked ...”what is the secret to Fleetwood Mac’s success?” This question struck a chord with me and compelled me to answer. But because I am getting old I don’t know how to use Twitter, I’ll just post my thoughts here...maybe someone out there can put it up on Twitter for me lol. So....“what is the secret of FM success Mick?” My opinion/answer is. ..”The heady chemistry and artistry of these 5 members together - John, Christine, Mick, Stevie, and Lindsey. That iconic sound by those 5 coupled with romantic tension and the worlds love of drama made a undeniable cocktail. Each personality and their creativity defined the band and it’s success.” Therefore honors such as Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Grammys, MusiCares Person of the Year to name a few were earned by this group. It is beyond a shame what has come to pass over recent days. I have lots of thoughts, feelings and facts that I will spare you from at this point. It is my husbands place to speak in his own words when the time is right for him. All I can say is thank you to all the loyal fans that supported FM over the years and for recognizing how stars only align once in a blue moon...and they did for this band. @mickfleetwoodofficial @stevienicks @christinemcvieofficial and you too John. #whoareyoupeople

A post shared by Kristen Buckingham (@kbchrush) on

What are the odds that the person who blew coke
up her kazoo is in this picture? Don't inhale...
Old 04-27-2018, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Are by any chance those cocoons made of glitter and rainbows?
I love you.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Before seeing this (presumably legitimate?) statement by the missus, I assumed that there was a slight but credible chance that the firing/replacement was, as another poster suggested in some other thread here, at least partially part of a deliberate angle towards another "The Dance"-esque Rumours reunion a few years hence. But this statement coming from her seems to invalidate the likeliness of that perspective. ie A Rumours lineup reunion may happen organically down the track, but it is clear now that such a reunion is not something that is being contemplated or orchestrated by the LB side at present.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I thought it was curious that she was actually quite quiet. She really let Mick do all the talking which she usually doesn't. Having fans mad at her to this extent is new for her and I think it threw her off a bit. Once the tour starts and if the tickets sell, she'll be her old self again.
so Karen or someone must have a lovely job
reading all the FB comments and IG comments slamming her ass to the ground ... some of them are ... ferral. i doubt Stevie is reading them herself and someone wouldn't just say "well, there's been a bit of a backlash..." they would be all like ... there are a few people who are not happy but ... it's mostly very supportive **massive side eye**

but you know what, you have this fanbase ... and some of you have been in it since the beginning with this band (some, like myself much much later) you just can't pull this kind of bull $#it and not expect NO repercussions or people to be like, yeah ok Stevie we still love you (i do but i want to smash her head in too).

and KB, well I'm sure she likes her lifestyle and building giant barnyards and whatnot but I think even if they had no money she would be supportive because it is like anyone losing their job who has a family and loved ones and it impacts all of them she knows we're all mad. she's been reading the FB comments and they're not exactly glowy

[QUOTE=TrueFaith77;1225022]
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post

Yeah, I think she was trying to demonstrate a united front by holding their hands.
i think she was holding onto john's arm so he didn't bolt or punch her in the balls

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 04-27-2018 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: add quotables
Old 04-27-2018, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
reading all the FB comments and IG comments slamming her ass to the ground ... some of them are ... ferral. i doubt Stevie is reading them herself and someone wouldn't just say "well, there's been a bit of a backlash..." they would be all like ... there are a few people who are not happy but ... it's mostly very supportive **massive side eye**

but you know what, you have this fanbase ... and some of you have been in it since the beginning with this band (some, like myself much much later) you just can't pull this kind of bull $#it and not expect NO repercussions or people to be like, yeah ok Stevie we still love you (i do but i want to smash her head in too).

and KB, well I'm sure she likes her lifestyle and building giant barnyards and whatnot but I think even if they had no money she would be supportive because it is like anyone losing their job who has a family and loved ones and it impacts all of them she knows we're all mad. she's been reading the FB comments and they're not exactly glowy

Believe it or not, some fans STILL think she's the most amazing people in the universe, and this was of course, Mick and Lindsey's fault.
And of course, they have to drag Kristen's lifestyle into this. How she owns her horses and her houses to Stevie's success.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-27-2018 at 09:03 AM..
Old 04-27-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thank you. i wish anything could. some people just like to be dense or live in their made-up cocoon.
Haha!! I know what you mean. Well said.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=StreetAngel86;1225137]so Karen or someone must have a lovely job
reading all the FB comments and IG comments slamming her ass to the ground ... some of them are ... ferral. i doubt Stevie is reading them herself and someone wouldn't just say "well, there's been a bit of a backlash..." they would be all like ... there are a few people who are not happy but ... it's mostly very supportive **massive side

I actually think people are telling her what’s being said. She may not own a computer, phone or anything else, but she is a savvy woman. She is going to have to change her entire persona on this tour, and if she’s not aware she won’t. Every twirl and story has been the same since The Dance. She knows the shippers ate the SNL dynamic up (both of them did...Mick is the biggest shipper of all$). She was very subdued in that interview. I am sure some combo of Karen/Sharon/Lori are tasked with letting her know all of the accolades she and the band are receiving. Hell, I am sure she even realized how bad that interview went.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Neale will still play with FM. Brett won't. He politely declined.
Just wondering if this ever was confirmed or how you know this? Not doubting just wanting to clarify. Because honestly, I always loved Chris and was so glad she came back and I could see them in 2014, but he carried a ton of the heavy lift on the keys. I'd have to think they would need to find someone new to do the same on this tour.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=Storms123;1225145]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
reading all the FB comments and IG comments slamming her ass to the ground ... some of them are ... ferral. i doubt Stevie is reading them herself and someone wouldn't just say "well, there's been a bit of a backlash..." they would be all like ... there are a few people who are not happy but ... it's mostly very supportive **massive side

I actually think people are telling her what’s being said. She may not own a computer, phone or anything else, but she is a savvy woman. She is going to have to change her entire persona on this tour, and if she’s not aware she won’t. Every twirl and story has been the same since The Dance. She knows the shippers ate the SNL dynamic up (both of them did...Mick is the biggest shipper of all$). She was very subdued in that interview. I am sure some combo of Karen/Sharon/Lori are tasked with letting her know all of the accolades she and the band are receiving. Hell, I am sure she even realized how bad that interview went.
There must be some heart broken shippers. They used to eat that stuff up like it was cocaine. But but but.. he's on Soldier's Angel... but but but they had an affair during the Dance.. but but but .. they still write about each other.. but but but.. they kissed and held hands....

I'm sure some shippers feel like they are going through a break up themselves.

I personally felt gut punched as I started hearing about these developments after Musicares.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=jbrownsjr;1225149]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post

There must be some heart broken shippers. They used to eat that stuff up like it was cocaine. But but but.. he's on Soldier's Angel... but but but they had an affair during the Dance.. but but but .. they still write about each other.. but but but.. they kissed and held hands....

I'm sure some shippers feel like they are going through a break up themselves.

I personally felt gut punched as I started hearing about these developments after Musicares.
The only positive of this whole ****show is that you don't have to see grown ass adults gushing over (quite obviously emotionally vacant at this point) hugs and kisses between two senior citizens who had a relationship that ended over 40 years ago!!
Old 04-27-2018, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Just wondering if this ever was confirmed or how you know this? Not doubting just wanting to clarify. Because honestly, I always loved Chris and was so glad she came back and I could see them in 2014, but he carried a ton of the heavy lift on the keys. I'd have to think they would need to find someone new to do the same on this tour.
there are several versions of what happened floating around. in all versions he will not be with the Mac tour this fall.

some versions have him telling the band he cannot stand by their betrayal, calling Billy, and walking away. other versions have him leaking to Billy about LB firing, which made the band furious and Stevie fired him. which in turn led to Christine now being furious with Stevie ["not the boss"] for not even asking her first.

sit back and watch the fireworks.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2018, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Tru dat.

I don't think she actually played much at BV shows, other than just holding chords. Brett was either playing it, or it was karaoke tracks. I think a LOT of it was karaoke. I'm convinced Hold Me was.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
What are the odds that the person who blew coke
up her kazoo is in this picture? Don't inhale...
I don't know, but I do see a picture of Lindsey, the man who beat up women. I'm just thankful he didn't beat Christine like he did Carol Ann Harris.

Oh wait, did I cross a line?
Old 04-27-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't know, but I do see a picture of Lindsey, the man who beat up women. I'm just thankful he didn't beat Christine like he did Carol Ann Harris.

Gasp! Of course you did. Don’t you know there are people who cannot accept that their King ever did this and it was all that mean ole Carol Ann’s fault? If it happened? And that Stevie deserved all of the mental and/or physical abuse he allegedly dished out to her. But the King is 100% blameless and can go on being an ass because he is the creative force behind the great band that was the soundtrack of our lives.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

You're funny. Wouldn't you be more comfortable just gushing in the $tevie forum???