User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
During this tour, Stevie left the stage during Over My Head.
I consider Stevie absolutely indispensable for OMH.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm pretty sure from the videos on youtube that I've seen that Stevie left the stage during You make loving fun on the Behind the Mask tour.

I know Stevie was in a bad way at that time, but that didn't seem to be a very respectful thing to do.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I'm pretty sure from the videos on youtube that I've seen that Stevie left the stage during You make loving fun on the Behind the Mask tour.

I know Stevie was in a bad way at that time, but that didn't seem to be a very respectful thing to do.
On the BTM tour, YMLF came right after Stand Back. They tried to keep the momentum going. Stevie always left the stage. She stayed on stage more in 1987 and 1990 than she did Tusk or Mirage. She sort of did the opposite kind of things. She stayed on stage in 1987 for Oh Well where she is not to sing but left during YMLF and OMH where she could add vocals. However remember 1987 she brought her backing vocalists so she was not stranding Christine with no vocals (or at least in her mind lol). There is an very early 80s interview with Stevie asking her how does she spend her time backstage with Fleetwood Mac (it used to be lots of time). She said she breathed steam to help her voice LOL I am sure there was something other than steam going up her nose

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-15-2018 at 04:28 PM..
Old 04-15-2018, 05:28 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I'm all but praying As Long As You Follow FINALLY gets added to the set list. This one song alone would guarantee I go to their tour!
Me toooooo!

Also, Tom Petty has done Oh Well in concert, so I suppose that might be a good Peter Green candidate to make the set.

While I think they will do enough of the hits to keep casual fans happy, I expect (at least hope) that given the adventurous set Stevie had for her last tour that they'll trot out some other things.

Though it's unlikely, I do hope they'll shelve Go You Own Way. Don't Stop and World Turning are one thing (or things), but to have someone other than Lindsey sing GYOW? Pass. They've got enough other hits to fill a set. (I realize they've done it in other concerts without Lindsey...but these new guys come with hits of their own. Replace it with Don't Dream It's Over and move on.)
Old 04-15-2018, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
Me toooooo!

Also, Tom Petty has done Oh Well in concert, so I suppose that might be a good Peter Green candidate to make the set.

While I think they will do enough of the hits to keep casual fans happy, I expect (at least hope) that given the adventurous set Stevie had for her last tour that they'll trot out some other things.

Though it's unlikely, I do hope they'll shelve Go You Own Way. Don't Stop and World Turning are one thing (or things), but to have someone other than Lindsey sing GYOW? Pass. They've got enough other hits to fill a set. (I realize they've done it in other concerts without Lindsey...but these new guys come with hits of their own. Replace it with Don't Dream It's Over and move on.)
After thinking about it, I agree, GYOW should be dropped. I've listened to some Neil Finn songs that people have recommended and it's really hard to imagine him singing that song. Plus it's a Lindsey song and the mess surrounding his departure hits too close to home.

Like you, I really think Stevie wants to change up the set list like she did on 24 Karat Gold, and Mick seemed to be in agreement. Also, Christine pulled out some deep cuts for the Buck Vie tour, so she might be willing to do the same here. Wish You Were Here will probably be added, and I'm curious to see if Hold Me Will be, also.

I might be in the minority, but I really don't want to hear a lot of pre-Rumours songs from Christine. I'd much rather hear Isn't It Midnight, As Long As You Follow, Brown Eyes, Save Me, Think About Me, Warm Ways, and Wish You Were Here, along with her hits, of course.

Question: does Mike Campbell actually sing? I've read posts saying he would be perfect for Peter Green material, but I didn't know if that was just his guitar playing or if they meant vocally, too.

I hate Don't Stop- I'm just tired of it. But Neil singing on it will inject new life into it and there's no way FM won't play it, especially if they do intend to drop all the LB songs.

Stevie said she wants to sing deep cuts, and I would love that. Her deep cuts are I Don't Want to Know, Crystal, Straight Back, That's Alright, Welcome to the Room Sara, When I See You Again, Angel, Beautiful Child, and Storms. I really can't see her singing the Tango deep cuts, and Storms and Beautiful Child tend to cancel each other out so she'll only do one or the other, not both. Freedom is a deep cut from Behind the Mask and she wrote it with Mike Campbell, so that is a small possibility. Mick had mentioned maybe including a Buckingham Nicks song, and Crying in the Night would be the obvious choice since she did it solo last year. But why do a BN song now if LB is gone? It would just be another reminder of Lindsey.

I really don't want any Stevie solo songs, but I could handle Stand Back. It would be a good replacement, energy wise, for GYOW. But that better be it.
I can't wait to hear what songs Neil is going to sing!
Old 04-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
After thinking about it, I agree, GYOW should be dropped. I've listened to some Neil Finn songs that people have recommended and it's really hard to imagine him singing that song. Plus it's a Lindsey song and the mess surrounding his departure hits too close to home.

Like you, I really think Stevie wants to change up the set list like she did on 24 Karat Gold, and Mick seemed to be in agreement. Also, Christine pulled out some deep cuts for the Buck Vie tour, so she might be willing to do the same here. Wish You Were Here will probably be added, and I'm curious to see if Hold Me Will be, also.

I might be in the minority, but I really don't want to hear a lot of pre-Rumours songs from Christine. I'd much rather hear Isn't It Midnight, As Long As You Follow, Brown Eyes, Save Me, Think About Me, Warm Ways, and Wish You Were Here, along with her hits, of course.

Question: does Mike Campbell actually sing? I've read posts saying he would be perfect for Peter Green material, but I didn't know if that was just his guitar playing or if they meant vocally, too.

I hate Don't Stop- I'm just tired of it. But Neil singing on it will inject new life into it and there's no way FM won't play it, especially if they do intend to drop all the LB songs.

Stevie said she wants to sing deep cuts, and I would love that. Her deep cuts are I Don't Want to Know, Crystal, Straight Back, That's Alright, Welcome to the Room Sara, When I See You Again, Angel, Beautiful Child, and Storms. I really can't see her singing the Tango deep cuts, and Storms and Beautiful Child tend to cancel each other out so she'll only do one or the other, not both. Freedom is a deep cut from Behind the Mask and she wrote it with Mike Campbell, so that is a small possibility. Mick had mentioned maybe including a Buckingham Nicks song, and Crying in the Night would be the obvious choice since she did it solo last year. But why do a BN song now if LB is gone? It would just be another reminder of Lindsey.

I really don't want any Stevie solo songs, but I could handle Stand Back. It would be a good replacement, energy wise, for GYOW. But that better be it.
I can't wait to hear what songs Neil is going to sing!
I'll be sorta surprised if they drop GYOW from the set, even though I agree with you that they should. They did a BN song during the '87 tour without Lindsey (and it was one of Lindsey's songs!).

I honestly would love any deep cuts from Chris (even from Time, lol). Her stuff is so underrated and underplayed. As Long As You Follow would be great, I hear it in restaurants all the time.

I sorta wonder if there'll be a new Best Of with a couple new songs prior to the tour, to establish the lineup.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
I'll be sorta surprised if they drop GYOW from the set, even though I agree with you that they should. They did a BN song during the '87 tour without Lindsey (and it was one of Lindsey's songs!).

I honestly would love any deep cuts from Chris (even from Time, lol). Her stuff is so underrated and underplayed. As Long As You Follow would be great, I hear it in restaurants all the time.

I sorta wonder if there'll be a new Best Of with a couple new songs prior to the tour, to establish the lineup.
HoursAndHours, I've been racking my brain and I simply can't think of a BN song FM did in 1987. What was it?

Good point about FM possibly releasing some sort of GH album, along with a couple of new songs. I'd rather they just did another EP though, since there's no way they can do a full album before the tour.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
HoursAndHours, I've been racking my brain and I simply can't think of a BN song FM did in 1987. What was it?

Good point about FM possibly releasing some sort of GH album, along with a couple of new songs. I'd rather they just did another EP though, since there's no way they can do a full album before the tour.
They played Don't Let Me Down Again. It actually sounded pretty good. I think they were trying to find songs for Rick and Billy to sing and this one worked really well. It came right before Has Anyone Ever Written For You and then I loved Another Woman.

I also believe Go Your Own Way will be dropped. Too much bad blood. One song that I think they should do is Black Magic Woman. The audience knows it from Santana but I think it would keep the crowd interested. Just like 1987 I suspect they will open with a very traditional Fleetwood Mac song like Say You Love Me.

Don't Let Me Down Again 1987
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xBqDytSx3c

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-16-2018 at 05:23 AM..
Old 04-16-2018, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, Macfan4life- somehow I completely forgot that was a BN song!
Old 04-16-2018, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Since Freedom was written by Stevie Nicks and Mike Campbell and appeared on a Fleetwood Mac album, and one without Lindsey, for that matter, there's a good chance they'll perform it live... especially in lieu of new material. It's a decent enough little rocker, and Mike could play the heck out of it live.

Save Me was their last top 40 hit and got a lot of play on MTV and VH1, and again, it's a FM song without Lindsey, so I think there's a small chance it could make the cut.

I'm all but praying As Long As You Follow FINALLY gets added to the set list. This one song alone would guarantee I go to their tour!
I can guarantee that NONE of those 3 songs (Freedom, Save Me, As Long As You Follow) will be played on the upcoming tour. There is just no way and I'd bet a lot of money on it. I'm that sure.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:39 PM

Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, they're very good friends with both Mick and Stevie, especially Steven.
They're huge fans of the band, regularly play Stop Messin' Around live on tour and have often been at FM shows through the years.
Steven often hangs with Mick in his Maui restaurant, as well as with the other band members if they're present, and was in the crowd of Stevie's Crossroad special show.
Also Aerosmith's band members nominated Fleetwood Mac members for the Ice Bucket Challenge back in the day when it was still in auge but they didn't respond.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-16-2018 at 03:42 PM..
Old 04-16-2018, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks, Macfan4life- somehow I completely forgot that was a BN song!
Thanks for covering, MF4L - I got hung up with more work than I know what to do with, and couldn't get back to reply.

Last edited by HoursAndHours; 04-16-2018 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: Punctuation matters
Old 04-16-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, they're very good friends with both Mick and Stevie, especially Steven.
They're huge fans of the band, regularly play Stop Messin' Around live on tour and have often been at FM shows through the years.
Steven often hangs with Mick in his Maui restaurant, as well as with the other band members if they're present, and was in the crowd of Stevie's Crossroad special show.
Also Aerosmith's band members nominated Fleetwood Mac members for the Ice Bucket Challenge back in the day when it was still in auge but they didn't respond.
Thanks, SisterNightroad! Imagining Steven Tyler in Fleetwood Mac is both fascinating and disturbing at the same time! They could have done a mashup of Angel- her version and his version combined LOL!
Old 04-17-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks, SisterNightroad! Imagining Steven Tyler in Fleetwood Mac is both fascinating and disturbing at the same time! They could have done a mashup of Angel- her version and his version combined LOL!
They could just mash up Angel from Tusk and Angel from Heroes.