Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Must've been a one-off set because:

"Crystal"? I don't recall them ever playing that in concert (I saw numerous shows in '75)

"Say You Love Me"? I didn't think they played this until they released it as a single (replacing "Get Like You Used To Be" after the beginning of '76)

"Monday Morning"? I don't recall them playing this until '76 (when they replaced "Station Man" with it)

Too bad they didn't keep "Frozen Love" in the set, just wish the 2 bootlegs I have of those were of such poor sound quality.

The set at pretty much every show I saw back in '75 was:

Get Like You Used To Be
Station Man
Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
Rhiannon
Oh Well
Why
Landslide
Over My Head
I'm So Afraid
Green Manalishi
World Turning
Blue Letter

(then the encores, depending if they were an opening act or a headliner)
as opening act:
Rattlesnake Shake

as headliner:
Don't Let Me Down Again
Hypnotized

Occasionally, they'd insert an early version of "Go Your Own Way" between "Over My Head" & "I'm So Afraid" when they headlined.
I'm not sure they are right but the Setlistfm website lists Crystal as being played 30 times by FM in 1975, Say You Love Me 51 times, Monday Morning 50 times and Frozen Love 34 times. Go Your Own Way is listed 3 times in 75;

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/fleetwoo...html?year=1975

Maybe they're wrong, but who's to say what's right?

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 01-09-2016 at 07:14 AM..
Old 01-09-2016, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I would pay double to hear this set list today
Old 01-09-2016, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

Maybe their wrong, but who's to say what's right?
Old 05-15-2017, 05:38 AM

Almanac: May 15, 2017

On This Day:

1967 - Paul McCartney met Linda Eastman for the first time at a Georgie Fame concert in London.
1968 - The film Wonderwall premiered at the Cannes Film Festival with George Harrison and Ringo Starr in attendance. Meanwhile, John Lennon and Paul McCartney were holding a press conference to announce they were no longer associated with the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.
1971 - John Lennon and Yoko Ono show their films Apotheosis and Fly at the Cannes Film Festival.
1974 - Frank Zappa and his wife welcomed Ahmet Rodan.
1975 - Fleetwood Mac, in the new configuration with Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Christine and John McVie and Mick Fleetwood, plays live for the first time in El Paso, TX.
1977 - Procol Harum played their last concert (up to that time) in New York.
1980 - The Sex Pistols film, The Great Rock and Roll Swindle, is released.
1981 - Public Image Ltd, led by John Lydon, were booed off the stage in New York when they "performed" by standing behind a video screen while pre-recorded music played.
1982 - Ricky Skaggs joined the Grand Ole Opry.
1984 - Nils Lofgren joined Bruce Springsteen's E-Street Band.
1994 - Sting and Nancy Wilson receive Honorary Doctorates of Music from the Berklee College of Music in Boston.
1995 - R.E.M. resumes their Monster tour after Bill Berry's recovery from an aneurysm.
1995 - Scott Weiland was arrested for trying to buy drugs.
1997 - Courtney Love sold the mansion she shared with Kurt Cobain.
1997 - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted The Bee Gees, Joni Mitchell, The Young Rascals, The Jackson 5, King Records founder Syd Nathan, Buffalo Springfield, Crosby, Stills & Nash and Bill Monroe.
1998 - Sonny & Cher received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
2000 - Bob Dylan and Isaac Stern received Sweden's Polar Music Prize.
2002 - Jay Kay of Jamiroquai was assaulted and received facial injuries after seeing Star Wars II: The Attack of the Clones.
2003 - The manager of t.a.t.u. is arrested by Russian authorities after fans riot in Red Square.
2004 - The Beastie Boys played a secret show in London to promote their new album, To the 5 Boroughs.
2004 - Terri Clark was invited to join the Grand Ole Opry.
2008 - Shania Twain and Mutt Lange announced they were separating.

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2017...y-15-2017.html
Old 05-15-2017, 07:58 AM

Gosh, that set list is a dream!
Old 05-15-2017, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Almanac: May 15, 2017

On This Day:

1981 - Public Image Ltd, led by John Lydon, were booed off the stage in New York when they "performed" by standing behind a video screen while pre-recorded music played.

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2017...y-15-2017.html
Probably the greatest living genius.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Get Like You Used To Be
Station Man
Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
Rhiannon
Oh Well
Why
Landslide
Over My Head
I'm So Afraid
Green Manalishi
World Turning
Blue Letter
(Chili, please correct me if I am wrong)

In 1975 were u Ledgies aware that Stevie did not appear onstage til the 2nd song of the set? She just sorta wandered onto the stage with tambourine in hand. People must of wondered who she was and where she came from. LOL
Old 05-15-2017, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

In 1975 were u Ledgies aware that Stevie did not appear onstage til the 2nd song of the set? She just sorta wandered onto the stage with tambourine in hand. People must of wondered who she was and where she came from. LOL
I've been wondering that for 42 years!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've been wondering that for 42 years!
lol Stupid!!!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
(Chili, please correct me if I am wrong)

I believe you are correct. She came on during Station Man. There are youtubes of these shows. I believe 2 of them. Her Rhiannon was pretty amazing on this tour. I love the Tusk Tour Rhiannon the best.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I believe you are correct. She came on during Station Man. There are youtubes of these shows. I believe 2 of them. Her Rhiannon was pretty amazing on this tour. I love the Tusk Tour Rhiannon the best.
I find it very odd that the band didn't have her appear onstage until the 2nd song. In a concert setting with a new lineup, any band's goal with the FIRST SONG of the set is to introduce the "face" of whatever the musical unit is. Stevie could have easily stepped out and played tambourine or any percussion instrument on the opening song "Get Like You Used To Be" (perhaps even provided some harmony vocals on the blues number).

It makes me wonder. At this point in the band's journey, was their intention anything more than to use Stevie as a background vocalist or "special guest" singer? One thing is clear, it doesn't seem like she was getting much respect.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
It makes me wonder. At this point in the band's journey, was their intention anything more than to use Stevie as a background vocalist or "special guest" singer? One thing is clear, it doesn't seem like she was getting much respect.
That's why she was very insecure in those days. Mick said he had to give her a pep talk about her contribution to the band after the White album, even though she obviously had hits on that album.

And in other threads where people joke about what attracted her to Mick, in all seriousness, I think part of his allure for her was his authority within the band at that time.

Michele
Old 05-17-2017, 05:35 AM

42 Years Ago: Fleetwood Mac Introduce Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham To The World For The First Time

Fleetwood Mac Usher In 10th (And Most Successful) Incarnation

When Bob Welch abruptly left Fleetwood Mac, Mick Fleetwood was left at a crossroads; that is, until he remembered a young guitar player he’d heard tearing it up while on a tour of Los Angeles’ Sound City Studios and offered him Welch’s spot in the band. The guitarist, named Lindsey Buckingham, agreed but with one condition: his girlfriend and writing partner, 26-year-old Stevie Nicks, had to come along too. Fleetwood reluctantly agreed, offering the position to both Buckingham and Nicks, making the offer official when the pair endeared themselves to Fleetwood’s bandmates Christine and John McVie over dinner on New Year’s Eve 1974.

From there, it was a whirlwind for Buckingham-Nicks as they hit the ground running with their new band. Over the next five months, Fleetwood Mac got to work writing and recording the critically acclaimed Fleetwood Mac, cobbling together would-be classics like “Over My Head,” “Monday Morning” and “Rhiannon” from remnants of Buckingham-Nicks’ former project before ultimately re-introducing themselves to the world on May 15, 1975 as the 10th (and most successful) incarnation of Fleetwood Mac before a crowd in El Paso, Texas.

With over 100 million records sold worldwide and a 1998 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, it’s pretty safe to say that Mick Fleetwood’s gamble on Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham was a good one. The rest, as they say, is history.

http://societyofrock.com/42-years-ag...he-first-time/