Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Super Bowl Halftime

I was just curious what everyone thought of the half time show. Gaga jumped off the roof of the stadium, didn't make any political statements other than equality across the board, and ROCKED the joint in my opinion. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Old 02-06-2017, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I freaking loved it!! I thought her starting out with God Bless America and This Land is My Land was just so awesome. I'm such a huge fan of her. I've seen her twice and will be going to see her in Pittsburgh in November.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Registered

children are discussing it ( while adult discuss if their favorite singers are still in love after a 40 year break )
"Gaga's whole message — acceptance. "

If You Think Lady Gaga's Super Bowl Performance Wasn't Political, You Missed the Point
And also: You're probably straight.

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/lady-...show-political

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/lady-...-at-super-bowl

Last edited by olive; 02-06-2017 at 11:34 AM..
Old 02-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
I freaking loved it!! I thought her starting out with God Bless America and This Land is My Land was just so awesome. I'm such a huge fan of her. I've seen her twice and will be going to see her in Pittsburgh in November.
I am with you. I loved the beginning. I think it made sure everyone knew they were included and that she had a message of unity, not division. This country needs that now and we are not getting it from our politicians. I saw her twice to date also. The first time was in a VERY small venue here in Tampa before she made it big. She was awesome. The second time was about 3 or 4 years ago during her first huge tour. She is so talented and great live...although she started the show almost 2 hours late. Hopefully she has gotten over that part during this next tour. LOL
Old 02-06-2017, 12:49 PM

It's possible to talk about matters of high importance like sexuality without really stepping down into politics. Such questions transcend and can't be reduced to be simply political.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
It's possible to talk about matters of high importance like sexuality without really stepping down into politics. Such questions transcend and can't be reduced to be simply political.
no it can't , especially in america where everything is becoming a political topic ,(race ,sexuality , gender , reproductive and general health care , jobs, tariffs on food , everyday item imported here for homes, cars and everyday life also the news and television shows and comedians) until like here some from of censorship will be imposed .

PS GAGA was FANTASTIC every time i've seen her she never disappointments whether in a stadium or a small intimate gig she gives her all

Last edited by olive; 02-06-2017 at 04:06 PM..
Old 02-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I am with you. I loved the beginning. I think it made sure everyone knew they were included and that she had a message of unity, not division. This country needs that now and we are not getting it from our politicians. I saw her twice to date also. The first time was in a VERY small venue here in Tampa before she made it big. She was awesome. The second time was about 3 or 4 years ago during her first huge tour. She is so talented and great live...although she started the show almost 2 hours late. Hopefully she has gotten over that part during this next tour. LOL
I so hear ya there!! That's awesome you got to see her before she made it big. I am super jealous. Both times I saw her at the Consol Energy Center here in Pittsburgh in 2010 and in 2014 and she came on stage on time for both of them so maybe there was technical difficulties that night or something. I just wish the tour started like tomorrow but thank goodness I have Stevie to look forward to in March!
Old 02-08-2017, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The first time I saw here was in April 2008 I think but not sure of the date. It was at a renovated old theatre in Ybor City here in Tampa called The Ritz. It had no seats...everyone stood and Lady Gaga signed autographs at the door afterwards. It was a pretty awesome night. A few months later she was everywhere.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Registered

she's performing with METALLICA at the Grammy Awards that will be amazing !!
Old 02-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I just saw the commercial on tv for this. What a pairing! She has gone from Elton John to Tony Bennett to Metallica. Now that is some versatility!!
Old 02-09-2017, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Thanks for the heads up! Yeah that should be good.

I thought the halftime show was great. I especially liked this land is your land.