The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-23-2002, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I could do without Landslide. I heard that so many times during the Dance promoting, on TV shows, on the radio, and even Stevie doing it on the Rosie show for TISL promoting. It's a great song, but I could do with something new. I also have never liked Don't Stop all that much. It's okay, but ha always been kind of boring to me.

I would LOVE to hear Frozen Love! That would be awesome. And Sorcerer (I still wish that had ended up on a FM album because I just *love* the demo of it with FM- that demo rocks! I really was not too fond of the very Sheryl-ish sound it ended up having on TISL - I would have rather heard John Shanks produce it, or FM). I LOVE Sisters of the Moon - always! And Angel live is great (especially like how she did it on the Bella Donna tour). I love the song Twisted and would love hearing that live again. I love Rhiannon, but ya, it'd be cool to hear it a little different. But I love it regardless of how she does it. Sara would be awesome. I love the song Countdown and Soul Drifter, and my big favorite is Bleed To Love Her. I LOVE that song so much, I hope they do that. Hmmm...what else - The Chain - that is always awesome. Crystal would be neat. I love Monday Morning and Blue Letter live. I love Second Hand News and Never Going back Again. Tango in the Night would be awesome and I think hearing it before or after Dreams would be really cool.

But I'll take a FM concert any way I can get it!
Old 06-23-2002, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Awesome!

Wow, Ghosty, I agree with pretty much EVERYTHING you just said. I want to hear ALL of those songs and could do without Don't Stop, but I'm a sucker for Landslide, and NEVER seeing them in concert, I want to sing it with her live. TOTALLY AGREE that Sorcerer with Lindsey sounds a TRAZILLION times better than the TISL way, gotta love the BANJO!
Old 06-23-2002, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking What Is Life!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lori
Oooh, and since Lindsey has done George Harrison's "Here Comes the Sun," what if they did a cover of his song "What is Life?" That would be good, too...nice little rocker, good harmony, guitar, in their vocal ranges.
That would be simply amazing. I agree, though, one can only hope, but the most probable thing is that they'll never even consider it, but just the thought makes me shiver.

I don't agree, however, in "dropping" the songs we've heard the most... like "Rhiannon", "Dreams" and "Go Your Own Way"... it's like their signature tunes. Of course we'd like to hear more "rare" stuff but this is like something you are prepared to see if you go to a Fleetwood Mac concert... I remember Paul McCartney saying lately that he decided his setlist in the Driving USA tour by thinking: "what would people like to hear if they go to a Bob Dylan concert... well maybe "Hey Mr. Tambourine Man" and the most popular tracks... if they go to one of mine they'll hope to hear "Yesterday", "Hey Jude" and the most popular songs..."... so that way we cannot be waiting for lost classics of his like "Too Many People" or "Dear Boy" to be played...

It's just a matter of Fleetwood Mac to release the album. And I'm sure we'll love them any possible way... So release it and go on tour... and record it for TV if possible

Song of the moment - Hold Me