User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
It's not the prices of tickets as such that bother me. I'm prepared to pay to see the band and the bigger the band the more expensive the ticket - that's how it usually goes.

However, with the high ticket prices in mind they should give fans as much notice as possible so that they can comfortably meet those prices. That's the thing that's getting me.
THis is also a problem over here in the states, Even though my show wasnt till THE END OF MAY, the tour was announced one day,and in the blink of an eye the tickets were on sale. it was like um, let me rob a bank and get back to ya.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:03 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
and Mick and Saint Buckingham need SOMETHING, ANYTHING, MONEY PLEASE!
(i HATE when people try to pin it all on Stevie.)
Well, yes. But, when Lindsey or Mick start making flippant, obviously uninformed comments about putting promoters out of business, let me know.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

How many London dates did they play last time? Earls Court, wasn't it? I'm sure they'll come and play the 02. That seems to be "the venue" for the big acts now. 20,000 seater and i'm sure they'd sell enough tickets to fill it at least twice, even in the current economic situation. Possibly more dates if demand is high.

Stevie Wonder played there last year and played half a dozen or so shows, about £75 per ticket. And he had a huge backing band. I would imagine The Mac would charge roughly the same.

And if they play London they'll play 2 or 3 other UK shows and then onwards into Europe. It'll happen, i'm sure.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Simon View Post
How many London dates did they play last time? Earls Court, wasn't it? I'm sure they'll come and play the 02. That seems to be "the venue" for the big acts now. 20,000 seater and i'm sure they'd sell enough tickets to fill it at least twice, even in the current economic situation. Possibly more dates if demand is high.

Stevie Wonder played there last year and played half a dozen or so shows, about £75 per ticket. And he had a huge backing band. I would imagine The Mac would charge roughly the same.

And if they play London they'll play 2 or 3 other UK shows and then onwards into Europe. It'll happen, i'm sure.

I think they played about a dozen dates here last time including a couple at Earls Court but I also think they will play the 02 this time around, possibly Manchester and one or two others. I would love them to come to Newcastle again as it is only thirty minutes drive but I can't see that happening.

I don't think the ticket prices will be as low as £75 though after paying £60 nearly six years ago. Tickets for top solo acts cost about £60 now and I think The Eagles tickets are about £90 so I am expecting to pay at least £90.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

If you really want to see FM than the price does not really matter. There are lots of countries in Europe FM has not been for the last 15 years. So if they come the concerts wil be sold out, i'm sure. Okay you can talk about the price of tickets but take a look at U2. The new tour has prices from 30 Euro up until 170 Euro. I think FM should also do something like that.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd1963 View Post
I think they played about a dozen dates here last time including a couple at Earls Court but I also think they will play the 02 this time around, possibly Manchester and one or two others. I would love them to come to Newcastle again as it is only thirty minutes drive but I can't see that happening.

I don't think the ticket prices will be as low as £75 though after paying £60 nearly six years ago. Tickets for top solo acts cost about £60 now and I think The Eagles tickets are about £90 so I am expecting to pay at least £90.
That much??? Man, i'd have to pass then. As much as I want to see them live I do have a limit on how much i'm prepared to spend. I paid £150 for two Stevie Wonder tickets at the 02 and I didnt enjoy it. A poor show. Thats the risk you take I guess but after being bitten once I don't want to risk wasting what is a considerable amount of cash in these times.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm fine with those prices. As a one-off expense I'm prepared to pay it to see them. It's roughly what I would expect actually, same goes for the venues. O2, Manchester MEN, not sure of where else although if it's Glasgow it will be the SECC.

I'll go anywhere in the country but I hope to hear about dates asap so I can plan the trip and budget for it.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I´m not rich, but I could spend a lot of money to see Stevie on concert at least once in my life... I think it´s worth seeing. Money aren´t really important in this situation for me... i´m big fan and I want to see that show not only on youtube...

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I paid £75 for Earls Court last time out. Admitedly that was the top price but I would expect not to get much change out of a hundred quid for the best seats. That's why I'm still not sure I would go. I live in Southampton and lovely though our Mayflower theatre is I doubt if FM will be gracing it with their presence. So for me it's London which means I normally have to go on a Saturday and either travel back late or stay up in London (more expense). If I go mid week it means taking at least a day off work. I can't see me making the effort (which I'm sure is very upsetting to Mick and his friends)

Gail
Old 04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
While I agree with you, Miss Nicks has made it clear that she needs $200K per show.
Where does this figure come from? any source? or just a joke, im curious.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I paid £75 for Earls Court last time out. Admitedly that was the top price but I would expect not to get much change out of a hundred quid for the best seats. That's why I'm still not sure I would go. I live in Southampton and lovely though our Mayflower theatre is I doubt if FM will be gracing it with their presence. So for me it's London which means I normally have to go on a Saturday and either travel back late or stay up in London (more expense). If I go mid week it means taking at least a day off work. I can't see me making the effort (which I'm sure is very upsetting to Mick and his friends)

Gail
Are London venues more expensive than elsewhere in the UK as the £60 I paid in 2003 got me 4th row centre tickets in Newcastle. I am half expecting to have to make the 500 mile round trip to London this time around (which is no problem as my brother lives there so no accommodation charges).

I am prepared to pay whatever it takes to get a good seat as I wasn't a particularly big fan in 2003 but was blown away with what I saw and since discovering this forum shorly after feel I have missed out on so much becoming a fan only a short while ago.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are London venues more expensive than elsewhere in the UK as the £60 I paid in 2003 got me 4th row centre tickets in Newcastle. I am half expecting to have to make the 500 mile round trip to London this time around (which is no problem as my brother lives there so no accommodation charges).

I am prepared to pay whatever it takes to get a good seat as I wasn't a particularly big fan in 2003 but was blown away with what I saw and since discovering this forum shorly after feel I have missed out on so much becoming a fan only a short while ago.
I think London must be more expensive - £60 - that was good.

Gail
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

I saw FM at the Birmingham NEC in 2003 and tickets costs £50. I would be majorly disappointed if they did come to the UK but only did London. Mick and John, at least, should know better than to just neglect the rest of the country.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

new music, please.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
new music, please.
What's that supposed to mean?